We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A Fentanyl vaccine for harm reduction and Substance Use Disorder? Options

compulsimple
#1 Posted : 2/9/2023 5:51:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So this isn't relevant to most people on the Nexus but I also know a lot of people here support harm reduction and I'm really just sharing because for opioid treatment and opiate harm reduction we have a promising innovation for a fentanyl vaccine. I'm very happy about this and hope that it's a possibility for addiction treatment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibA2Gm_-yT4 here's a link from youtube "Healthcare Triage A Fentanyl vaccine shows promise".

It still has some more research to go through seeing as the vaccine is being tested on mice and it's uncertain how the vaccine would work in humans and how it would affect men or women differently since the studies in mice show discrepancies in how affective it is in female and male mice. It's still optimistic to think that many people may be able to take this vaccine, still use their substance use disorder treatment medication, and be able to avoid a fentanyl overdose if they relapse and use an illicit substance laced with fentanyl

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

famine
#2 Posted : 2/9/2023 6:51:53 PM

Entheogen Enthusiast

Chemical expert

I remember a few years ago them making a heroin vaccine. Really cool stuff. But the problem comes with pain killers in medicine... fentanyl is used in surgery alot.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#3 Posted : 2/9/2023 10:28:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You mean like Tabernanthe iboga?
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

RhythmSpring
#4 Posted : 2/9/2023 11:05:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
You mean like Tabernanthe iboga?

That's a good addiction vaccine.
But if you take fentanyl after taking Iboga, you'd probably die.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken