We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Questions about Datura? Options

69ron
#41 Posted : 2/9/2010 9:53:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Omega-scar, you make a good point about the physical effects. They are very unpleasant. SWIM never takes anywhere near a dose like that. It's unhealthy.

That reminds me, I read that jalapeños are used as an antidote to Datura poisoning by some natives.

Has anyone tried that? It makes sense at some level. Jalapeños make your nose and mouth watery, the exact opposite of what Datura does. They also speed up digestion while Datura slows it down.

Next time, try a super hot jalapeño tea if you don't like the unpleasant side effects. Maybe it actually works.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

maggiemae
#42 Posted : 2/9/2010 5:23:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:

If All I had was a crack tree, would I smoke it?
HELL NO.

ahaha this make me lol so much. But in a serious way.

On a much more serious note.

Datura is bad. Don't do it!
My SWIM wants to be friends with your SWIM

Narcoleptic Otter
#43 Posted : 2/15/2010 11:11:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Location: London - The bit next to the red bins behind the fishing tackle shop
BlackPaw wrote:

I want to try Datura as my first plant - because I don't think I could get others without buying, and I don't want to waste money on something that I think should be free.

I'm a newbie too hare, (although an old hat to the game) and I must say that if your main focus and reason for a taking a dangerous and potenitally fatal ethnogen over much safer options is the financial then I would suggest you go back to your Straight edge lifestyle, throw those seeds away and forget all about this crazy lark of getting high. If you can't be arsed to spend a little {or a lot} to do this properly and protect yourself then this is not for you.

I hear that cat breeding can be a very rewarding and dangerous lifestyle for a man of your impeccable chemical record, don't ruin it!
I See The Electric Vultures Circling. I wonder if They see my Organic, Fleshy Weakness?

benzyme
#44 Posted : 2/15/2010 11:18:42 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

if you want to see what datura feels like, take a few too many benedryls. i guarantee you, after that much, you won't like the feeling.

datura feels just like that, and it's more toxic.

on a side note, piracetam has been shown to reverse some of the amnesic side-effects in mice
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

q21q21
#45 Posted : 2/16/2010 2:36:19 AM

SWIM

benzyme wrote:
if you want to see what datura feels like, take a few too many benedryls. i guarantee you, after that much, you won't like the feeling.

on a side note, piracetam has been shown to reverse some of the amnesic side-effects in mice

as much as SWIM is not advising any use of large (hallucination) doses of datura. SWIM has tried both, though not at hallucinatory doses rather just to the threshold of slight OEVs, and they are very different.

Just like Harmaline is completely different than THH, despite them doing the same job.

Datura gives much less bodily discomfort and much more dry mouth at threshold visual doses. Datura was uncomfortable, benedryl gave random aches and pains all over.

At roughly the same (effect) doses benedryl makes you feel like you super super sleepy, even with a large dose of caffeine. Certain daturas actually are stimulating.

At the threshold of visuals with benedryl SWIM could barely write because his pen was too heavy, with datura there were no gravitational disturbances.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SWIM has continued to test with datura at doses of <30 seeds and has gotten threshold visuals without delirium, dry mouth or and discomfort at all, this was done by soaking the seeds in canola oil for 2 day, and very carefully wearing gloves used an oral syringe and cotton balls to filter the oil.

The end product is a topical oil that can be used anywhere, hands, feet, armpits, genitals. SWIM put it under his armpit. The dose was equivalent to 8-10 seeds and he got visuals, it also effected his sleep that night, never reached full REM. Quite active.

SWIM plans to try the combination of that dose with a small dose of peruvian torch brew. With a sitter and no work the next day of course. SWIM is hoping he can find a safe low dose where there are strong visuals and very little delirium and no blackouts.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

69ron
#46 Posted : 2/16/2010 2:54:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Q21q21, which datura seeds are you using for the oil?

It’s believed that topical use is best for hallucinogenic effects and avoids a lot of the toxic bodily effects. From what I understand, only scopolamine works when used this way, and that hyoscyamine is inactive. Since hyoscyamine produces more bodily effects and scopolamine produces more hallucinogenic effects, this method of use makes a lot of sense.

With Datura inoxia seeds, there's pretty much only scopolamine present. With these seeds, SWIM has experienced very mild LSD-like visual effects at doses that caused no other effects except slight sedation. It was very mild though. The dose was 5 seeds. I think they were unusually potent seeds, because since then he hasn’t had visuals from them ever at that dose.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

benzyme
#47 Posted : 2/16/2010 3:14:55 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

q21q21 wrote:
benzyme wrote:

as much as SWIM is not advising any use of large (hallucination) doses of datura. SWIM has tried both, though not at hallucinatory doses rather just to the threshold of slight OEVs, and they are very different.

Just like Harmaline is completely different than THH, despite them doing the same job.

Datura gives much less bodily discomfort and much more dry mouth at threshold visual doses. Datura was uncomfortable, benedryl gave random aches and pains all over.

At roughly the same (effect) doses benedryl makes you feel like you super super sleepy, even with a large dose of caffeine. Certain daturas actually are stimulating.

At the threshold of visuals with benedryl SWIM could barely write because his pen was too heavy, with datura there were no gravitational disturbances.

then SWIY didn't have Jimson weed (D.Stramonium). it feels identical to benedryl, which feels like benztropine.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

q21q21
#48 Posted : 2/16/2010 3:20:23 AM

SWIM

69ron wrote:
Q21q21, which datura seeds are you using for the oil?

It’s believed that topical use is best for hallucinogenic effects and avoids a lot of the toxic bodily effects. From what I understand, only scopolamine works when used this way, and that hyoscyamine is inactive. Since hyoscyamine produces more bodily effects and scopolamine produces more hallucinogenic effects, this method of use makes a lot of sense.

With Datura inoxia seeds, there's pretty much only scopolamine present. With these seeds, SWIM has experienced very mild LSD-like visual effects at doses that caused no other effects except slight sedation. It was very mild though. The dose was 5 seeds. I think they were unusually potent seeds, because since then he hasn’t had visuals from them ever at that dose.

they were datura discolors. SWIM thoroughly pulverized 400 seeds and used ~20ml of oil. The dose was .25-.3 ml
oddly the same seeds gave almost no effects at 20 seeds orally.
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

69ron
#49 Posted : 2/16/2010 6:11:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Q21q21, SWIM can feel the effects of 3 seeds of Datura inoxia, but he normally chews them for a long time before swallowing them, so a good portion is absorbed sublingually.

The Datura discolor has about 0.4% alkaloids, mostly scopolamine. It’s similar to Datura inoxia. Assuming the seeds are about 10 mg each, similar to Datura inoxia, 10 seeds worth would contain about 400 micrograms of alkaloids, mostly scopolamine.

I’m not so familiar with Datura discolor, but it sounds a lot like Datura inoxia to me. Scopolamine is able to absorb through the skin real easily. You can get motion sickness patches that contain scopolamine in them that are normally placed behind the ear. They are very effective.

Supposedly, if you make topical oil from tropane plants, only the scopolamine is effective. Scopolamine is more hallucinogenic than either hyoscyamine or atropine, and of the three it’s the only one that would absorb through the skin, so the effect you get from the oil should be just the effects of scopolamine.

I’m not sure why scopolamine patches are preferred over scopolamine pills for treating motion sickness. Maybe this method bypasses a lot of the side effects of scopolamine and is actually more potent? In your case you mention that it seems more hallucinogenic. I’m very curious as to why? Does anyone know?

I’ve seen that most people who’ve used the topical method, prefer it over any other route of administration when it comes to using Datura. Most say it seems less toxic that way.

Q21q21, would you say it feels any different topically than oral use feels?

mumbles
#50 Posted : 2/16/2010 12:27:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim doesn't think datura is worth the risks. There are more enjoyable poisons out there.

Mr. Kush
#51 Posted : 2/16/2010 5:38:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

enteresting about the oil hmmm.....

as far as consuming seeds, do they need to be fresh?
or is it ok if there dry.
i'm not trying to go overboard (already have), I have heard just taking a fiew is good for preventing nausia, is this correct?

Oh and I have inoxia, so these are the ones that contain mostly scopolamine and not hyoscyamine?
I thought I read somewhere els that it was the stramonium strain that was mostly scopolamine.

sorry I hate asking about datura or make it look like i'm just willing to take anything ect....
but I already have taken large doses and it really really mest me up, I dont reccomend it to anyone, however it's to late to go back and I dont feel like taking just a oouple seeds could do me more harm.

69ron
#52 Posted : 2/16/2010 8:23:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mr. Kush wrote:
enteresting about the oil hmmm.....

as far as consuming seeds, do they need to be fresh?
or is it ok if there dry.

Old seeds work fine.

Mr. Kush wrote:
i'm not trying to go overboard (already have), I have heard just taking a fiew is good for preventing nausia, is this correct?

Datura stramonium is best for normal stomach based nausea. Datura inoxia is better for motion sickness. They seem like similar ailments, but they are caused by different things.

The dose of Datura stramonium is 2-5 seeds for preventing nausea.

The dose of Datura inoxia is 5-10 seeds for preventing nausea. Datura inoxia is weaker.

Mr. Kush wrote:
Oh and I have inoxia, so these are the ones that contain mostly scopolamine and not hyoscyamine?

Yes.

Mr. Kush wrote:

I thought I read somewhere els that it was the stramonium strain that was mostly scopolamine.

No, definitely not. Datura stramonium seeds (the black ones, not the white ones) contain mostly hyoscyamine and little scopolamine. But the immature white seeds do contain more scopolamine, but even then, they are still high in hyoscyamine.

Datura inoxia seeds contain about 90-99% scopolamine as their active alkaloid.

Mr. Kush wrote:

sorry I hate asking about datura or make it look like i'm just willing to take anything ect....
but I already have taken large doses and it really really mest me up, I dont reccomend it to anyone, however it's to late to go back and I dont feel like taking just a oouple seeds could do me more harm.

Anything less than 10 seeds is safe for an adult. Keep in mind that before the dose gets dangerous, you will experience extreme dry mouth, so if dry mouth is felt, don’t raise the dose.

Mr. Kush
#53 Posted : 2/16/2010 11:19:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank You ron for clearing that up for meVery happy .
i'm thinking I might just take a fiew seeds the next time I do aya, to see if it helps with the nausia....
I have never consumed seeds before thats why I'm not sure.
I have only smoked datura leaves,
but I have made brews with the flowers of a brugmansia tree (yellow flowers), when I was younger less responsible, it is something I regret......
do you know if theres a big difference between datura and brugmansia as far as alkaloid content goes?

workbench
#54 Posted : 2/18/2010 7:07:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think that BlackPaw was trolling here. Glad to see that the thread ended up being a normal discussion among the community.

g13juggalo
#55 Posted : 2/18/2010 7:11:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Blackpaw, I see what your intentions are, and have respect for that.
I really think you should try salvia divinorum.
Its legal in most US states, and it lasts 15 minutes smoked. It has no negative side effects, and is completely non-addictive. It teaches a lot, and is great for astral projection.
I have my own plant of it.
Its a very strong, but perfectly safe plant.
It also has several medicinal properties, including antidepression, and many other things.

If you want any more information on it feel free to PM me.
Its fairly cheap too. You could get it off a lot of sites.

If you want ideas on any other safe, nonaddictive drugs feel free to PM me too, but I really think you should stay away from datura. It really won't teach you or help with astral projection.

LawnBoy
#56 Posted : 2/21/2010 2:36:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I love this forumPleased Very responsible people.

It surprised me that the idea of addiction, wasn't brought out. There is physical and mental addiction. Even if it is not possible for someone to get a physically addicted to a substance, they could become mentally addicted. I honestly do not see how someone could get mentally addicted to Datura, but I wouldn't say it was impossible. Addiction can be easily avoided. The main way of avoiding addiction, is of course, abstinence. So good for you Blackpaw.

The highest dose of Datura stramonium I tried wasn't terribly unpleasant, but was not pleasant. I noticed a loss of time, coordination, deterioration of vision. I couldn't think straight. I don't remember any visuals, just that I couldn't read. Things got blurry. I wouldn't bother taking a high dose again. It's just not that interesting.

I tried it despite reading all the warnings. I just wanted to experience what it was like. I can understand where Blackpaw is coming from. Just please be overly careful, because even if being careful, one could hurt one's self. I'm so glad you, asked for information.
Posts made by me are either fictional or false, or both. I do not endorse, condone or engage in illegal activities. I love the state, my big brother. "I" myself am fictional. I am a collection of individuals, that are not entirely human. "I" do not exist in reality. Any resemblance to an individual bound by laws is merely coincidental. I lie and tell very little of the truth; do not believe me, and, especially, don't hold "me" accountable for any posts.

q21q21
#57 Posted : 2/21/2010 2:56:50 AM

SWIM

69ron wrote:

Q21q21, would you say it feels any different topically than oral use feels?

sorry, missed that one earlier.

Night and day actually, it felt like a real psychedelic.

He's only had it twice, once accidentally Hoffman-style through the fingers.
The second time when measured was less intense but very similar.

SWIM has been busy perfecting his sublingual pharmahuasca or as someone coined "lingahuasca" and has only tried it once.

He might try it again tomorrow. Today was a LARGE 40g amount of P. Torch brew w/ some passionflower. Very different than he expected, less intense/confusing but altogether intense and nice.

DeMenTed
#58 Posted : 2/21/2010 2:57:01 AM

Barry

Lol Blackpaw if you are interested in taking datura maybe you would also be interested in taking some strychnine or cyanide or maybe aconite? aconite makes you go blind and you lose all feeling in your body before you die. Datura is a poison and shouldnt be touched. I do understand the interest in it but when you weigh up the pros and cons th cons far outweigh the pros. Dont go for the benadryl buzz either, makes you feel like a complete twat when you take it, slightly interesting hallucinations but not worth it. DMT or salvia would be a good first choice for an experience you seek, both are safe and mindblowing and they dont last too long. Acid and shrooms or lsd can last too long if you're on a bad trip. Whatever you decide good luck Smile

DeMenTed
#59 Posted : 2/21/2010 3:01:47 AM

Barry

acid is lsd of course Smile

Mr. Kush
#60 Posted : 2/21/2010 3:10:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
He might try it again tomorrow. Today was a LARGE 40g amount of P. Torch brew w/ some passionflower. Very different than he expected, less intense/confusing but altogether intense and nice.

of coarse I have worked with cacti,
but wow I just discovered the beuty of passion flower...
I like to make a tea and consume after coming down from the peak...
the synergy is amazingly pleasant.

PREV1234NEXT