We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
dmt freebase - smell Options

yentzee
#1 Posted : 1/26/2023 6:35:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Location: somewhere between present past and future if there is such a thing
Hi,
I was wondering if that distincitve smell of dmt freebase is the substance or if this is due to residues of a solvent that was used to extract. And if so does it make sense to let it evaporate? From my understanding storing it in a dark brown glas container is the best way to store it?
Sorry I am not that experienced but was wondering about the strong smell compared to other substances.

Thanks for helping

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Brennendes Wasser
#2 Posted : 1/26/2023 8:37:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

When extracting with Alkanes the smell is not so much off from regular DMT. Because of this when directly derived from an extraction, the smell is definetly strong and will fade over 1-2 days. Still even plain DMT has some very characteristic smell.

Whatever I was looking into gave some hints that unimolecular DMT - being present as solitary molecules - has nearly no smell as discussed here.

But upon heating DMT generates a really strong spicy smell that is also very present when smoking DMT in a cigarette. That is why I think the really strong and characteristic smell of DMT is more bound to decomposition or polymerization products of it. When you heat your DMT a lot and then remove most DMT with a just gently warm Naphtha wash, you will have a darker concentrated residue that will be stronger in smell.

Therefore you can wait 1-2 days until all Naphtha evaporated off (considering you used low-weight Naphtha) and then you could still probably reduce the smell strength by separating the crystal white DMT from the darker fraction, that might be kind of polymer nature.

In any way, smoking DMT with a very harsh method that also combusts the actives will give the strongest smell of any.

yentzee
#3 Posted : 1/31/2023 6:17:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Location: somewhere between present past and future if there is such a thing
Thanks for your answer.

Toshido
#4 Posted : 2/1/2023 6:49:41 AM

Research & Development

Brennendes Wasser wrote:

But upon heating DMT generates a really strong spicy smell that is also very present when smoking DMT in a cigarette.

You can smoke dmt in a cigarette? How do you do that effectively?
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Brennendes Wasser
#5 Posted : 2/1/2023 8:39:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Hehe it would be totally ineffective - but also create the absolute maximum amount of combustion. That's just why I gave it as example:

When creating something with insane combustion, that characteristic "DMT Smell" will be even stronger. So a cigarette would give that one to an even higher degree than carefully vaped with GVG or any other device at ~ 180 °C.

For about how to do that, instead of just mixing Change inside just like into a Joint it could be done with Freebase by making an Aceton soak of the Cigarette in some DMT-infused Aceton.

But that would probably be just unnecessarily unhealthy (because of Tobacco and smoking in general) and not giving a fast hit.

Toshido
#6 Posted : 2/1/2023 10:49:28 PM

Research & Development

Brennendes Wasser wrote:
Hehe it would be totally ineffective - but also create the absolute maximum amount of combustion. That's just why I gave it as example:

When creating something with insane combustion, that characteristic "DMT Smell" will be even stronger. So a cigarette would give that one to an even higher degree than carefully vaped with GVG or any other device at ~ 180 °C.

For about how to do that, instead of just mixing Change inside just like into a Joint it could be done with Freebase by making an Aceton soak of the Cigarette in some DMT-infused Aceton.

But that would probably be just unnecessarily unhealthy (because of Tobacco and smoking in general) and not giving a fast hit.

I see I see. I have only experimented with freebase DMT as I am still a beginner, but I do home to mess around with changa and also some harmala combinations ingested.

I just gave a friend his first dmt trip, and he had an excellent time, but was disappointed with the short duration. He was asking me about doing DMT in a joint and I wasn't really sure how to respond to him. Like you said, combustion would still happen and it would be a waste of spice. But... would smoking a changa joint illicit more subtle effects for a longer duration say 30 minutes instead of the typical 5-10 with freebase?

I need to do some research! I just like the idea of him and I sitting on my back porch passing a joint back and forth and enjoying the effects of dmt for a longer duration together, as we certainly would never smoke freebase at the same time for obvious reasons.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

DetritusTheEgo
#7 Posted : 2/1/2023 11:25:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yentzee wrote:
I was wondering if that distincitve smell of dmt freebase is the substance or if this is due to residues of a solvent that was used to extract. And if so does it make sense to let it evaporate? From my understanding storing it in a dark brown glas container is the best way to store it?

In my experience DMT has a distinct smell which is different than the smell of solvents used during the extraction. I've never had DMT that was completely devoid of a smell but I also do not strive for pure DMT through repeated recrystallizations. Jimjam, jungle, or yellow DMT is perfectly okay with me personally.

DMT to me smells like a shoe store which is kind of a combination of rubber and leather. That smell becomes more pungent when combusted.

An amber glass jar of an appropriate size is never a bad choice for storage. Almost anything is fighting against light, temperature, oxygen, and moisture when being stored. Controlling these variables is always more ideal than not.

Twilight Person
#8 Posted : 2/5/2023 3:40:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

widderic wrote:

But... would smoking a changa joint illicit more subtle effects for a longer duration say 30 minutes instead of the typical 5-10 with freebase?

In my eyes of course smoking DMT from a joint would cause a prolonged experience. But that in the end would be nothing else than just smoking tiny portions of freebase over a longer period. So then if you want to extend stuff then it would be the same as just smoking like 3-5 mg batches every 5 min?

Also not sure if all DMT vaporizes when you are pulling on a Cigarette - but if it ends in the ash which you dispose, then it is lost.

In my feelings if you make changa loaded with 30 mg and "smoke" it, then effects are just as 10 mg of Freebase perfectly vaporized. So I think problems of a joint would also be that you will not vaporize everything, so to have a prolonged experience just smoking small batches in a more effective ROA would be better?
~ O ~

DetritusTheEgo
#9 Posted : 2/5/2023 11:42:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Twilight Person wrote:
In my eyes of course smoking DMT from a joint would cause a prolonged experience.

The method that someone smoalks DMT with does not translate to extreme increases or decreases of duration per say in my opinion. If the particular ingestion method is more or less efficient and the user does not scale the dose accordingly, then that could translate into a difference in duration and intensity. Usually with really efficient methods it is recommended that people scale the dose lower ( see e-mesh vaporization method ) to achieve the same result as they are used to.

Smoalking freebase DMT rolled into a joint or cigarette would probably not be close to the best method in terms of efficiency. Like you mentioned if it stays cherried in between pulls, the section with the melted DMT comes out when ashed, or you try and put it out then it could be lost entirely.

Making Changa with a smoalkable MAOI will cause increased duration, since you are inhibiting the enzymes that cause DMT to be broken down so rapidly in the body. Changa usually comes in at what 20-50% DMT by weight? Smoalking that in a joint is probably more efficient than the alternative being discussed, due to the duration that the plant material has to vaporize the contents.

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 2/21/2023 1:17:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

widderic wrote:
But... would smoking a changa joint illicit more subtle effects for a longer duration say 30 minutes instead of the typical 5-10 with freebase?

For those interested in joints or anything of the like.

First off, it's inefficient, as has already been stated, but has it's benefits nonetheless.

If one is using a joint, then breaking through is likely not a goal. It's difficult and dangerous considering the joint could easily cause a fire once one is deep enough in an experience.

If freebase is added, the duration increases with each inhale from the joint because one is effectively redosing with each hit.

This is doubly the case with changa, as there are already potentiating harmalas as well as the redose effects.

I personally never put freebase DMT in a joint, but will, on occasion, put some enhanced leaf in a joint with cannabis or the same for changa.

Generally however, my joints consist of remnant changa from my changa pipe and cannabis. This way, though inefficient, I'm burning through something that has already been burnt and just has some trace actives in it.

And while we're on the topic, in a sense, when considering effective vaporization methods, changa is also ineffecient, but that doesn't delimit its value imo.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽