We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Vaping mescaline salt? Options

Brennendes Wasser
#21 Posted : 2/1/2023 8:55:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

So the Benzoate Anion in general seems much less soluble in water than other Acids, but vice versa has a high solubility in organic solvents. Therefore if coming from Ethyl Acetate you would probably need to concentrate A LOT to like 1 (expected) g / 1 ml.

Another way would be using a solvent that is already much less polar from the beginning. For DMT Toluene seems perfect - nearly no solubility of the Benzoate salt at -20 °C, which would be only ~ 240 mg / 100 ml. So if you could replace Ethyl Acetate with Toluene you are probably able to directly exchange that Acid. But then no idea if the CIELO TEK still works like a charm? Also polarity based on PubChem is much higher for Meskalin, so chances are high that you would be better at simply using Ethyl Acetate and letting it evaporate down to a point where precipitation starts strongly. But obviously carries the risk of co-precipitating other stuff if you need to evaporate too much?

Would be indeed interesting, for many people it may sound like violating the cultural aspects behind that medicine with that ROA, but actually smoking DMT instead of making a Brew is just exactly the same thing Confused

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Loveall
#22 Posted : 2/2/2023 11:25:46 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Loveall wrote:
skelly0311 wrote:
I'm willing to continue this experiment. I've gotten pretty good at CIELO, and I'm getting ready do another extraction in the coming weeks. When u have time, can you outline the differences going from mescaline citrate to mescaline benzoate. I'm assuming I can't just simply switch out the citric acid with benzoic acid?

I seem to remember that mescaline benzoate did not precipitate from the EA extract after adding benzoic acid.

It's an old memory though. Maybe I posted that in the threads somewhere.

Actually results where posted in this thread a year ago.

Mescaline benzoate precipitated from Toluene and is soluble in PG. It has to be washed very well with acetone because of health concerns.

It was a mini A/B conversion from CIELO product. Have no idea if directly extracting alkaline cactus paste with toluene would work. Limonene may be worth testing too. These would be called CITLO and CILLO.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

skelly0311
#23 Posted : 2/3/2023 3:31:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ahh must of skipped over those earlier posts. So it looks like I can substitute EA with toluene or xylene, then substitute citric acid with benzoic acid, and I should get crystals.
If I use xylene instead of toluene, is it still necessary to was with acetone?

Loveall
#24 Posted : 2/3/2023 8:12:29 AM

❤️‍🔥

skelly0311 wrote:
Ahh must of skipped over those earlier posts. So it looks like I can substitute EA with toluene or xylene, then substitute citric acid with benzoic acid, and I should get crystals.
If I use xylene instead of toluene, is it still necessary to was with acetone?

Xylene should work but hasn't been tested. That'd be CIXLO. We are trying to keep track of all these solvent-soluble organic-acid lazy-salting combos in another thread.

For e-juice I believe it is best to wash any Toluene/Xylene evap product. Mindlusion recommended this, I'm not the expert, but he had reasons as I recall.

skelly0311
#25 Posted : 2/8/2023 2:54:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Simply dissolved mescaline citrate in water, based with NaOH and pulled with toluene. Then, I added benzoic acid to the pulls. Benzoic acid is somewhat soluble in toluene.

Do u remember the approximate amounts of water, NaOH, benzoic acid, and toluene you used for the specific amount of mescaline citrate?

Loveall
#26 Posted : 2/8/2023 11:18:36 AM

❤️‍🔥

It was a mini A/B, there are descriptions for that using DMT on the nexus.

If I repeated it, would use 200ml of water, a dash of NaOH, would check pH to be near 12. A few 50ml Toluene pulls. Then excess benzlic acid to salt the starting quantity of mescaline (0.5g would make sense). I would check the toloune with pH strips before and after adding benzoic.

Check the acetone washes by evaporating them. Some mescaline benzoate may dissolve in them.

Alternatively one can test 69ron's limo process and salt with benzoic acid. I think that would work (?). It would be called CILLO. Edit: after reviewing my notes this had been already tested by me and it did not work.

skelly0311
#27 Posted : 6/13/2023 5:40:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have some mescaline citrate that I'm going to attempt to convert to mescaline benzoate in the coming weeks in order to attempt to vape the mescaline benzoate. Just checking to see if any new information has been discovered so I don't waste my time or money. Or mescaline

Loveall
#28 Posted : 6/14/2023 9:44:16 PM

❤️‍🔥

Nothing new that Im aware of. Good luck.

PREV12