We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Transferring to a different container Options

DetritusTheEgo
#1 Posted : 1/27/2023 3:14:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Nexians,

I have a vial of liquid LSD that I've had issues a couple times with this type of container and evaporation in the past. Was curious if anyone has any pointers on how they would go about transferring this to another container?

I plan to dawn gloves, a respirator with pink 2091 3m filters, and some eye protection in a room with good ventilation. Either way I'll do the transfer on a day that I have zero obligations while mentally prepared to take a journey.

I think it is 1 to 2 ml of liquid in this vial total. Would you use a syringe to move the liquid, use a funnel and just pour, or ???

I have wanted to try microdosing with LSD for a while. Figured I could wash the funnel / syringe and the old vial with a measured volume of 190 proof ethanol. The wash then placed into a 30 or 60 ml amber container with a dropper lid. From there I'll have to play around with figuring out how potent the wash is and adjust the volume for microdosing.

Thumbs upThumbs up

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 1/31/2023 5:53:48 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I would use a syringe, and keep light levels as low and as red as possible. Hope it goes smoothly.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

null24
#3 Posted : 1/31/2023 9:33:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I’d also use a syringe. Be careful with that wash, my one and only LSD white out came from a empty vial wash…
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

DetritusTheEgo
#4 Posted : 2/1/2023 2:46:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
I would use a syringe, and keep light levels as low and as red as possible. Hope it goes smoothly.

Thanks for mentioning the light as I did not really think about that. I have a headlamp that has a red light mode which I can utilize for the task. I'll play around with it to make sure the red isn't discombobulating before doing it for real.

null24 wrote:
I’d also use a syringe. Be careful with that wash, my one and only LSD white out came from a empty vial wash…

Did you end up consuming the entire wash or just a portion of the wash? I've read a few vial wash trip reports recently and your input matches what I've encountered. It is either "should be good enough for two or three people to trip" or "this was the most intense trip I've ever had and I've done ten strip(s) before."

I found a 3 ml syringe that I already had but I still might just buy a brand new one. I didn't like the tip as it is 4mm wide and 8mm long which is way to stubby to get into the vial and get to the liquid. While playing around I came to realize that you can slot luer lock syringe tips onto them so I think this is what I'll end up utilizing.

Thumbs up Thanks for the input Thumbs up

Toshido
#5 Posted : 2/1/2023 7:29:39 AM

Research & Development

DetritusTheEgo wrote:

Did you end up consuming the entire wash or just a portion of the wash? I've read a few vial wash trip reports recently and your input matches what I've encountered. It is either "should be good enough for two or three people to trip" or "this was the most intense trip I've ever had and I've done ten strip(s) before."

I'd love to read some of those experiences. That kind of stuff terrifies me. A white out... that's my worst fear. Do you have links to any of those? I've had 2 very strong trips on LSD and can't imagine being able to handle anymore than that. I was gonzo, couldn't understand anyone and no body could understand ME.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

DetritusTheEgo
#6 Posted : 2/1/2023 8:28:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

widderic wrote:
I'd love to read some of those experiences. That kind of stuff terrifies me. A white out... that's my worst fear. Do you have links to any of those? I've had 2 very strong trips on LSD and can't imagine being able to handle anymore than that. I was gonzo, couldn't understand anyone and no body could understand ME.

I had one getting puddled experience at a show on New Years eve a few decades ago. I remember bits and pieces of the show while the music was playing but once the show was over I remember what happened for the rest of the trip.

There is one that is an actual vial wash trip report on reddit here: trip report - vial wash where they state "I've done decently high doses though, the highest reaching ~2000ug." 2000ug would be two ten strips if each came in at 100 ug each.

I hesitate to link the rest of the experiences I found as they are mostly just single paragraph or couple sentence replies to a post on other forums instead of actual trip reports. I don't know whether it is frowned upon to link directly to other forums who may have more lax rules than DMT Nexus regarding certain discussion topics.

Toshido
#7 Posted : 2/1/2023 10:44:37 PM

Research & Development

DetritusTheEgo wrote:

I had one getting puddled experience at a show on New Years eve a few decades ago. I remember bits and pieces of the show while the music was playing but once the show was over I remember what happened for the rest of the trip.

There is one that is an actual vial wash trip report on reddit here: trip report - vial wash where they state "I've done decently high doses though, the highest reaching ~2000ug." 2000ug would be two ten strips if each came in at 100 ug each.

I hesitate to link the rest of the experiences I found as they are mostly just single paragraph or couple sentence replies to a post on other forums instead of actual trip reports. I don't know whether it is frowned upon to link directly to other forums who may have more lax rules than DMT Nexus regarding certain discussion topics.

I think it's fine to provide links, but harm reduction is a big aspect here, so I wouldn't link anything having to do with dangerous extraction procedures or people putting themselves into harms way intentionally. If it's unintentionally, like someone washing a vile and going "oops!", then there is something to be learned from other's mistakes. Although, judging from that persons trip report, after reading, it sounds like they had a great time!

"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

DetritusTheEgo
#8 Posted : 2/2/2023 12:08:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

widderic wrote:
I think it's fine to provide links, but harm reduction is a big aspect here, so I wouldn't link anything having to do with dangerous extraction procedures or people putting themselves into harms way intentionally. If it's unintentionally, like someone washing a vile and going "oops!", then there is something to be learned from other's mistakes. Although, judging from that persons trip report, after reading, it sounds like they had a great time!

I mostly worry about the "Communication is comprised of not only the explicit but also the implicit messages" statement. If the post I link is one reply in a post with many replies and somewhere else in that post contains discussions not welcome on this forum. By linking to the post that would constitute me posting about that topic implicitly?

null24
#9 Posted : 2/2/2023 4:11:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

widderic wrote:

It was the whole wash. I was a dumb kid haha. Can't provide a trip report. Have no idea what the micage was either, but alot. This occured at a time in my life when a 1000mic trip was not out of the question, so I venture that it was much more. I remember one thing from that trip, looking at my friend about fifteen minutes after taking it and seeing several translucent images of him in different colors. Apparently I just stayed in one spot for 12 hours and that's all I know, I literally remember nothing else. Makes me wonder what happens when people "thumbprint".
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Toshido
#10 Posted : 2/2/2023 2:17:36 PM

Research & Development

null24 wrote:
Makes me wonder what happens when people "thumbprint".

Well now I need to know what the heck a thumbprint is. Dear lord.

DetritusTheEgo
#11 Posted : 2/3/2023 2:43:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing your experience null24.

widderic wrote:

This post is on the Nexus so I'm not afraid to link it: Crystal from Chinacat72. This could be fiction but if this type of thing interests you then I would give it a read as I also find high dose LSD trips fascinating. I've read it a few times at this point and have enjoyed it each time.

Quote:
"Thumbprint's aren't weighed out on a scale. It's more of "that's a nice little chunk ( of crystal LSD ) ,that should do" Your talking several sheet's or more when you do a print."

Toshido
#12 Posted : 2/3/2023 7:01:34 PM

Research & Development

DetritusTheEgo wrote:
Thanks for sharing your experience null24.

widderic wrote:

This post is on the Nexus so I'm not afraid to link it: Crystal from Chinacat72. This could be fiction but if this type of thing interests you then I would give it a read as I also find high dose LSD trips fascinating. I've read it a few times at this point and have enjoyed it each time.

Quote:
"Thumbprint's aren't weighed out on a scale. It's more of "that's a nice little chunk ( of crystal LSD ) ,that should do" Your talking several sheet's or more when you do a print."

Thanks absolutely bonkers. That's 2-3 thousand doses. Strongest trip I had was just 2-3 tabs. Everything was moving so much I couldn't stare in the same spot for more than 3 seconds before everything melted away. Wasn't there an elephant that got dosed with too much LSD that died?

DetritusTheEgo
#13 Posted : 2/3/2023 11:26:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

widderic wrote:
Thanks absolutely bonkers. That's 2-3 thousand doses. Strongest trip I had was just 2-3 tabs. Everything was moving so much I couldn't stare in the same spot for more than 3 seconds before everything melted away. Wasn't there an elephant that got dosed with too much LSD that died?

Yes I believe the elephants name was Tusko and there are many articles written about it but here is one from Erowid: LSD Related Death of an Elephant. They injected Tusko with 297 milligrams of LSD ( 297000 ug ), it lost control of it's bowels, started seizing, laid on its side, injected it with an antipsychotic, injected with a barbiturate, and passed away about an hour and a half later. People should not rule out the role of the antipsychotic and barbiturate in this experiment though and usually just mention the LSD.

If you've also never heard of The dolphin who loved me: the Nasa-funded project that went wrong I would recommend giving that a read through as well.