We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
hello, making changa with THH, can I get an account upgrade to reply to a relevant thread? Options

Htsee
#1 Posted : 1/26/2023 3:19:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thank you

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Toshido
#2 Posted : 1/26/2023 5:47:49 PM

Research & Development

Before full membership I always posted my questions in Welcome Area - Basic Questions .

Full membership is contingent on quality posts, questionnaire answers, and generally hanging around and engaging with other members. I never asked for full membership, it was just given to me one day.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 1/26/2023 8:17:13 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Just make the reply you want here - quality posts and engagement help with your chances of promotion.

Maybe change the title of the this thread to reference the thread you'd like to reply to, or start a new thread with a title in the format "Re: [title of the thread you'd like to reply to]".

Widderic's recent posts, along with a positive presence in the chat, are a good example of how to get promoted to full membership Wink

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

pointy hat
#4 Posted : 1/27/2023 12:39:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey I'm going to chime in here-- is THH a strong enough MAOI to use for pharma?

I've seen sort of varied accounts on whether or not it would serve as such

merkin
#5 Posted : 1/27/2023 7:34:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pointy hat wrote:

No it definitely isn't - you need to have a good chunk of Harmine too IME. I am not a huge fan of Harmaline (especially the ataxia) but I think it's the strongest MAOI of the three so I always add a little bit for pharma. Like ~5% little.

rOm
#6 Posted : 1/27/2023 9:54:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pointy hat wrote:

THH is a weak MAOI, and the varied account are to take with a grain of salt, given, a good proportions of " THH " may not be THH at all or not only THH.. We've seen in analysis thread THH mixed with other harmines, or even no THH at all but harmine and some other tryptamines traces in some samples...
Now I'm not expert on THH only pharmahuasca, and level of MAOI varies within individuals ... some people claims to use passionflower ( which isn't THH but has other weak harmalas such as harmalol ) to activate, while I only used it to boost and combine effects with other tryptamines of lysergamide rather than n,n DMT.
But if you have enough THH you can try out for pharmahuasca or also a good start is dose like 150mg THH together with Harmine and harmaline in lower proportion which would give a good inhibitoin and effect by larger spectrum, you can also use THH and harmine only, as seen in caapi vines only brew.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Htsee
#7 Posted : 1/30/2023 9:25:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:
pointy hat wrote:

THH is a weak MAOI, and the varied account are to take with a grain of salt, given, a good proportions of " THH " may not be THH at all or not only THH.. We've seen in analysis thread THH mixed with other harmines, or even no THH at all but harmine and some other tryptamines traces in some samples...
Now I'm not expert on THH only pharmahuasca, and level of MAOI varies within individuals ... some people claims to use passionflower ( which isn't THH but has other weak harmalas such as harmalol ) to activate, while I only used it to boost and combine effects with other tryptamines of lysergamide rather than n,n DMT.
But if you have enough THH you can try out for pharmahuasca or also a good start is dose like 150mg THH together with Harmine and harmaline in lower proportion which would give a good inhibitoin and effect by larger spectrum, you can also use THH and harmine only, as seen in caapi vines only brew.

My plan is Changa with Harmine/harmaline/THH and another batch with Harmine/THH. later maybe Harmaline/THH.

I want to experiment with different proportions of harmalas and see how they affect the trip.
So far I only tried Syrian Rue extracted harmalas (so Harmine/Harmaline)

My experiences so far are not extensive, nor do I have the nerve to trip every week, making the process lengthy,
which is why I'd love to interact with the forum more directly

Htsee
#8 Posted : 1/30/2023 9:27:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

merkin wrote:
pointy hat wrote:

No it definitely isn't - you need to have a good chunk of Harmine too IME. I am not a huge fan of Harmaline (especially the ataxia) but I think it's the strongest MAOI of the three so I always add a little bit for pharma. Like ~5% little.

I've seen people share this POV about harmaline a lot, hence my idea of mimicking the harmala content of caapi leaves instead of using full spectrum syrian rue extract again.

as far as THH effects are concerned I heard it makes things clearer and changes the colour hue of the visuals.

I tried it on its own in HCL form and it felt much more focused, which feels like a nice addition to the trip in itself

Htsee
#9 Posted : 1/30/2023 9:30:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Just make the reply you want here - quality posts and engagement help with your chances of promotion.

Maybe change the title of the this thread to reference the thread you'd like to reply to, or start a new thread with a title in the format "Re: [title of the thread you'd like to reply to]".

Widderic's recent posts, along with a positive presence in the chat, are a good example of how to get promoted to full membership Wink

thanks!

Toshido
#10 Posted : 1/30/2023 9:53:38 PM

Research & Development

rOm wrote:

THH is a weak MAOI

Since we're on this topic. I'd like to ask something about what "weak" means for an MAOI when mixed with DMT.

Is the strength of the MAOI contingent on increasing the duration of an ayahuasca experience? Or is it more contingent on how intense the psychedelic experience is? Or both?

For instance, if I ingested a weak concoction of THH and then ingested DMT 30 minutes later. Would I have a solid trip that lasted only 2 hours? Or would I have a very subtle trip that lasted 6 hours?

Very curious as I will most likely start experimenting with recipes come summer. For now, I'm still researching the realm of freebase DMT, and soon after will be hopping on the mescaline extraction train.

In an effort to not highjack this thread, someone please feel free to drop a link and point me in the right direction. I couldn't find anything on the wiki.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Htsee
#11 Posted : 1/30/2023 11:37:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

widderic wrote:
[quote=rOm]

Is the strength of the MAOI contingent on increasing the duration of an ayahuasca experience? Or is it more contingent on how intense the psychedelic experience is? Or both?

For instance, if I ingested a weak concoction of THH and then ingested DMT 30 minutes later. Would I have a solid trip that lasted only 2 hours? Or would I have a very subtle trip that lasted 6 hours?

Both in case of harmine and harmaline, THH only increases strength and apparently makes visuals more clear and more neon-green-purple (according to a fellow experimenter)

so most likely you would have a stronger experience with THH but not longer.
harmaline is the strongest harmala but also the most sedating.

are you talking about oral harmalas and vaped dmt? or both oral

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 1/31/2023 2:38:37 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

From everything that I can gather, it appears that THH has practically zero efficacy as a MAOI for activation of oral DMT. You are making changa, of course, which makes things a bit different. We do know that harmine/harmaline are more potent when smoked than via the oral route. If this same bioavailability effect applies with THH we can expect that THH in changa would provide the same qualitative nuances as it is said to have in ayahuasca.

The major known pharmacological action of THH at present is as a monoamine reuptake inhibitor, as per Dennis McKenna's (et al) research in recent years.

One more thing, about it being changa, is that there is a possibility that pyrolytic dehydrogenation of THH might occur, transforming it into harmine. That would be something of a waste of effort, perhaps.

I'm awaiting analysis on a putative THH sample but if that is what it is then I can recommend sublingual dosing with this one as my material has a rapid onset even at low doses via that route. FWIW, the flavour is noticeably different from that of harm(al)ine, being much less bitter and more 'chemical'. The subjective effect can be summarised as 'clarity' even when taken alone.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Toshido
#13 Posted : 2/1/2023 6:52:04 AM

Research & Development

Htsee wrote:

are you talking about oral harmalas and vaped dmt? or both oral

I was talking about oral harmalas and oral dmt, but I'd be interested in oral harmalas and vaped dmt as well. I've never experimented with either.