We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
yopo seed powder in enhanced leaf ? Options

Azur2_
#1 Posted : 1/9/2023 11:37:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hello nexian !

feeling strongly the call of psychedelics lately but the constraints of the real world not allowing me to work with the doors of perception, i was wondering if i could make enhanced leaf with yopo seed powder (colubrina/peregrina) mortared without imao? I ask this because I can't extract dmt or bufotenin in the place where I live and I respect the non-consent to this of those who host me according to the nexus attitude page:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m..._settings_and_procedures

Quote:
We are against people extracting or using substances in student dorms/parents/shared houses or any other unsafe place or where the owners or roommates do not agree with what is being done. We do not give tips on 'stealth' teks. Do not do it unless the owner of the place accepts his/her full responsibility for the actions being done. If you don't have such a place to extract now, be patient, many have waited years and years for the right moment.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

_Trip_
#2 Posted : 1/9/2023 11:49:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Traditionally, I believe it was crushed into a powder and mixed with a calcium base and snorted. Or more specifically blown up a persons nose.

The calcium base I believe was crushed snail shells burnt to ash.

I think it is very hit and miss. Yopo contains mostly bufotenine it may not be the trip you're after it is very vasoconstrictive. It is not for everyone, arguably quite inferior to DMT in many ways.

Not sure how an enhanced leaf would go, it would likely need a basing step when preparing it. It would still require a level of extracting.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

dragonrider
#3 Posted : 1/9/2023 1:11:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Powdered yopo seeds can be smoked indeed. But the smoke is very harsh and the effects are pretty mild.

Yopo taken in large quantities is pretty nauseating, and many people find it unpleasant.

I personally use yopo a lot to enhance the effect of other psychedelics, and if it is used that way the effects are not only realy nice but actually quite spectacular.

It also goes well with cannabis, wich will also greatly help to reduce both vasoconstriction and nausea.

I have smoked it a few times, but it also works if taken sublingually. And i would stronly recommend using it that way. Everybody i know who has taken it through the nose says it is extremely painfull, and it is almost impossible to avoid some of it ending up in your stomach, wich causes extreme nausea and often projectile vomitting as well depending on the quantities taken.

In order for it to be active sublingually, it has to be mixed with edible lime in a 50/50 mixture.

It is probably best to start with small quantities, just to check how sensitive you are. Start with just a few small crumbs to see what it does. Then just work your way up.
Don't swallow.

brokedownpalace10
#4 Posted : 1/10/2023 7:32:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

(smoking, usually) Yopo always just made me feel flushed. I'd get red faced, with a mild buzz. I have tried it anally as well, just to try to get enough in me. No big difference in quality, just degree.

As has been mentioned, it does add to other psychedelic's effects. I've smoked a lot of 5-Meo enhanced parsley on top of bowls of Yopo. It made the 5-Meo a little nicer, although not as much as a bit of mushrooms might.

dragonrider
#5 Posted : 1/10/2023 10:57:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

brokedownpalace10 wrote:
(smoking, usually) Yopo always just made me feel flushed. I'd get red faced, with a mild buzz. I have tried it anally as well, just to try to get enough in me. No big difference in quality, just degree.

As has been mentioned, it does add to other psychedelic's effects. I've smoked a lot of 5-Meo enhanced parsley on top of bowls of Yopo. It made the 5-Meo a little nicer, although not as much as a bit of mushrooms might.

Well it does make a difference whether it's free-base or a salt. The salt forms are all a lot harder on the body.

Azur2_
#6 Posted : 1/10/2023 6:16:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think I will continue to work with psychedelic RCs until I can go the organic psychedelic route. Thank you all for your responses

the red squirrel
#7 Posted : 1/21/2023 10:34:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The effects of smoked yopo seems indeed to vary per person. Some people reported good experiences and some believe it is barely active when used as pure seed. I've tried smoking the seeds a few times but came to the conclusion that it isn't worth it for me.

When vaporising powdered seeds I get an different headspace and some slight colour shifting and some nauseau. Smoking the seeds only gave me extreme nauseau and an altered headspace. Guess I'll have to perform an extraction on the seeds and see what the pure form will reveal.
May there be peace and love and perfection throughout all creation
~ John Coltrane

Azur2_
#8 Posted : 1/22/2023 9:50:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

the extracted seeds will essentially give bufotenine : https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=93378

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 1/22/2023 8:35:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

dragonrider wrote:
Powdered yopo seeds can be smoked indeed. But the smoke is very harsh and the effects are pretty mild.

Yopo taken in large quantities is pretty nauseating, and many people find it unpleasant.

I personally use yopo a lot to enhance the effect of other psychedelics, and if it is used that way the effects are not only realy nice but actually quite spectacular.

It also goes well with cannabis, wich will also greatly help to reduce both vasoconstriction and nausea.

I have smoked it a few times, but it also works if taken sublingually. And i would stronly recommend using it that way. Everybody i know who has taken it through the nose says it is extremely painfull, and it is almost impossible to avoid some of it ending up in your stomach, wich causes extreme nausea and often projectile vomitting as well depending on the quantities taken.

In order for it to be active sublingually, it has to be mixed with edible lime in a 50/50 mixture.

It is probably best to start with small quantities, just to check how sensitive you are. Start with just a few small crumbs to see what it does. Then just work your way up.
Don't swallow.

Talk about peaking my interests. I have several hundred yopo seeds that I initially gor to start exploring snuffs, but tend to hear some rough reports about nasal ROA.

When you say start out with small quantities how small are we talking?

In what manner are you adding them to cannabis? Just grinding up small amounts of seed and adding it to the herb, or is it still sublingual?

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

the red squirrel
#10 Posted : 1/29/2023 5:55:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
In what manner are you adding them to cannabis? Just grinding up small amounts of seed and adding it to the herb, or is it still sublingual?

Another question regarding adding the seeds to cannabis: Do you toast the seeds beforehand or not?

I've read somewhere on a nexian forum topic that the unwanted alkaloid are vaporised that way and the oxidised bufotenine is reversed back to bufotenine so that the nauseating part is removed

May there be peace and love and perfection throughout all creation
~ John Coltrane