We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acacia Confusa and Syrian Rue 'ayahuasca' brew: what to expect? Options

ControlledChaos
#1 Posted : 1/27/2023 12:33:15 AM

Nature is analog, ever flowing and continuous; spontaneous transfers of energy weaving in and out of dimensions, radiating outwards from the source- a non repeating, non terminating system of perpetual energy

I will soon be having my first contact with DMT since my series of trip reports I made last year. At the time I was given several mason jars full of highly concentrated caapi/chacruna traditionally brewed Ayahuasca. The experiences were both harrowing and beautiful with a wide variety of feelings and visuals and I will never forget it. Those experiences also have given me both the respect and caution of this stuff that I probably needed to have before making my own brew.

I always knew not to push too hard to get DMT, and that DMT would find me so I bided my time for a year. Then about a month ago I went on a hike in an area I'd never been and discovered what appeared to be a huge wealth of Acacia Confusas. I wasn't sure so I did some research on the area and sure enough those trees were Confusas. I never really got a chance to go back there but that experience was enough for me to know how to identify that tree a bit closer to home. Sure enough, I soon encountered an acacia confusa near where I live. This was enough for me to feel ready to make my own brew, so I harvested some sticks leaves and twigs off it and filled a trash bag with this. Funny enough this confusa wasn't deep in a forest, it was just sitting there next to a chain restaurant near a mall.

Next up I needed the harmala source. I tried with passiflora incarnata to underwhelming results. I also tried finding local caapi but to no avail. After seeing the prices on Syrian rue brands, I simply opted to order a decent amount of this from a reputable brand and a fair price. This was Sadaf brand Syrian Rue. It should come within a week or so, so I've began my Ayahuasca diet now and an deciding my intentions for my first DMT experience in a year. However, since I've only done caapi/chacruna, I do not know what to expect relative to that brew.

So what I am wondering is, how does the Syrian Rue/Acacia confusa brew differ from the traditional Ayahuasca recipe, in terms not just of the amount of alkaloids in the plants but also the experience itself. Did anybody notice differences? Is there any advice/protocol that's different for this brews ingestion?

Also, does it matter that I am using sticks, phyllodes, and twigs rather than root or trunk bark? Will I need to use more of this than the suggested 6 or so grams? If not I plan on using about 6 grams of various parts of the acacia I collected grinded up in a coffee grinder with about 3 grams of Syrian rue also grinded. I additionally plan on drinking each separately as their own tea. I don't plan on boiling for hours and hours, instead I just want to grind it so fine that I can use a shorter time to brew each tea.

Any advice/feedback on this one? I'd also love to know about your Acacia Confusa/Syrian Rue experiences. Thank you for your time.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ControlledChaos
#2 Posted : 1/27/2023 4:43:02 AM

Nature is analog, ever flowing and continuous; spontaneous transfers of energy weaving in and out of dimensions, radiating outwards from the source- a non repeating, non terminating system of perpetual energy

Here is the acacia confusa twigs and sticks, and the phyllodes in separate containers-

And here's the Syrian Rue seeds I'll soon have-

How does this look?

donfoolio
#3 Posted : 1/27/2023 5:26:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you are in doubt about the concentration of the decoction you will probably make, give it a try for free base extraction.

This will give you a good base to knowledge about the potential of your brew.

It is not difficult at all, and I would proceed like this.

Don't test a plant with unknown dmt-profile on your own or you will probably regret it.

If you make an extract from, let's say, 100 grams - this will show you a little bit what is inside. For the lack of knowledge of different parts of the plant, for me the only way to be sure to still walk in narrow water.
Arthur Dee was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, not likely to his dad, I forgot his name, this small James Bond sorcerer working for the queen of a... Hail Arthur!

Homo Trypens
#4 Posted : 1/27/2023 11:44:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

wikipedia wrote:
Phytochemicals found in Acacia confusa:

Root bark

N-Methyltryptamine[7]
N,N-Dimethyltryptamine[7]
-
Seeds

Oxalyldiaminopropionic acid (Ξ±-amino-Ξ²-oxalylaminopropionic acid),[8] which can cause neurological damage, paralysis, and death.
-
Stems

N-Methyltryptamine, 0.04%[7]

german wikipedia wrote:
Die Blätter enthalten drei verschiedene Verbindungen des Flavonoids Myricetin sowie Lupeol, Taraxerol und möglicherweise Stigmasterol.[6][4]

(The leaves contain three different compounds of the flavonoid Myricetin, as well as Lupeol, Taracerol, and possibly Stigmasterol. German wikipedia also mentions N.N-DMT for the stems, in tiny concentration)

Sounds like the stems are significantly (like 30x) less potent than the root bark. The phyllodes' composition is complex, and might not even include any N,N-DMT.

If you still want to consume this material, it might be wise to first smoke some, if that feels ok drink some without rue, and if that goes well, you can consider trying it with rue. Start low on each of these steps!

As donfoolio said, doing an extraction on some of the material can give you more insight, and should probably be done before ingesting any of it.

BundleflowerPower
#5 Posted : 1/28/2023 4:01:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If i were in doubt about the stems and leaves, and acacia confusia lived near me like that, perhaps I'd take a little hand saw and cut a small branch, say 10 cm wide, them strip the bark. A small branch could be quite a bit of bark.

And the Sadaf seeds work well.

ControlledChaos
#6 Posted : 1/28/2023 9:37:58 PM

Update: after seeing some of the suggestions here and that my acacia confusa sample may not contain the DMT content I need, I took it upon myself to go back to the tree itself in hopes I could get some trunk bark. However upon inspection of the area I actually found another group of even larger acacia confusa trees and then saw the jackpot: a freshly fallen HUGE acacia confusa all uprooted. The root had been up for awhile so they had dried and we're brittle, making it easy to obtain this sample-

As soon as I saw that deep reddish hue, I knew I was in business. The only issue is that the surface bark is more rotten/moldy/dirty but there's a sizeable amount of nice dry red ACRB in there. Any advice now that I've gotten this?

ControlledChaos
#7 Posted : 1/29/2023 10:49:13 AM

I peeled off as much of the inner ACRB as I could by hand and pulled it into thin strips and put them in a bowl, then weighed it. Here's what I got now:

More than I need for a single voyage, to say the least. My 3 OZ of Syrian Rue just arrived too. Shouldn't be long until I make the brew.

Jees
#8 Posted : 1/29/2023 1:43:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Keep going Thumbs up
Caapi + leaves is usually prepared together.
Syrian rue and mimosa/acacia usually prepared separately.

You could make rue tea and test that on it's own, to get a grip on your dosing and the nature of this maoi.

ControlledChaos
#9 Posted : 1/29/2023 10:57:27 PM

I shredded my ACRB further -

ControlledChaos
#10 Posted : 1/30/2023 10:11:54 PM

I now have my Syrian Rue seeds, meaning I have everything I need for my brew. My plan is to use 3-4 g of Syrian Rue seeds and make them into a tea by simply boiling them whole. However I might roast them first and up the dosage to compensate for the lost harmaline so I can have less sedation during my experience. I will then take 6 grams of ACRB and break it into the smallest pieces I can before brewing the tea until I'm satisfied. Since my ACRB isn't from a vendor, but found wild, I am not sure how potent it is. But it is no doubt ACRB so that should suffice. Will update later when I actually start the brewing process.

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 1/30/2023 11:22:10 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Very exciting, wishing you a ton of luck Thumbs up

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

bezevo
#12 Posted : 11/7/2023 5:01:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

any update on this