We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Making my first Ayahuasca analog (a. confusa/???) soon. Need some advice. Options

ControlledChaos
#1 Posted : 1/19/2023 12:06:59 AM

Nature is analog, ever flowing and continuous; spontaneous transfers of energy weaving in and out of dimensions, radiating outwards from the source- a non repeating, non terminating system of perpetual energy

So finally I have found the time and the means to make my very first DMT/MAOi brew ever. I located what I believe to be an acacia confusa tree (pictures of it below) on the big island of Hawaii and collected some small branches and twigs with phyllodes as well. I do not have the means to extract pure DMT and have more experience with the oral route of DMT anyway so I decided I'm going to make a brew. I'm trying to avoid having to mail order anything, so my options for the MAOi seem a bit more limited. I've heard of Ayahuasca vine growing around here but I haven't seen it myself or heard of any certain locations. However, another option is I could buy some passion flower extract, which they do sell around here. So my question is, will the passion flower extract do the job of sufficiently inhibiting my MAO to injest the DMT in my acacia? Another good question I have is, will the twigs, small branches and phyllodes contain enough DMT for any effect at all? I usually hear about root bark or trunk bark but I didn't want to mess up the tree so I stick to smaller stuff... Will it do? I'm also unsure how I should prepare the twigs and sticks and leaves. Should I put it all through a grinder, or just break it into small pieces and boil? Should I be peeling the bark off the sticks or just grind/boil it all together? I'm very nervous and excited, so I really want to make sure I get it right. I'm not sure how many grams I harvested, but here's some pictures of the tree-

Pretty sure that's acacia confusa, right? Here's some of what I harvested-

Does this look like something sufficient to brew, given that it is confusa?

Thank you in advance to anybody who replies to this thread. Any feedback is appreciated!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

lsrvnt
#2 Posted : 1/19/2023 2:00:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ControlledChaos wrote:
So finally I have found the time and the means to make my very first DMT/MAOi brew ever. I located what I believe to be an acacia confusa tree (pictures of it below) on the big island of Hawaii and collected some small branches and twigs with phyllodes as well. I do not have the means to extract pure DMT and have more experience with the oral route of DMT anyway so I decided I'm going to make a brew. I'm trying to avoid having to mail order anything, so my options for the MAOi seem a bit more limited. I've heard of Ayahuasca vine growing around here but I haven't seen it myself or heard of any certain locations. However, another option is I could buy some passion flower extract, which they do sell around here. So my question is, will the passion flower extract do the job of sufficiently inhibiting my MAO to injest the DMT in my acacia? Another good question I have is, will the twigs, small branches and phyllodes contain enough DMT for any effect at all? I usually hear about root bark or trunk bark but I didn't want to mess up the tree so I stick to smaller stuff... Will it do? I'm also unsure how I should prepare the twigs and sticks and leaves. Should I put it all through a grinder, or just break it into small pieces and boil? Should I be peeling the bark off the sticks or just grind/boil it all together? I'm very nervous and excited, so I really want to make sure I get it right. I'm not sure how many grams I harvested, but here's some pictures of the tree-

Pretty sure that's acacia confusa, right? Here's some of what I harvested-

Does this look like something sufficient to brew, given that it is confusa?

Thank you in advance to anybody who replies to this thread. Any feedback is appreciated!

what a quest!

honestly I love this. i found this study about passion flowers harmala alkaloid content that might help with your journey with passion flower as it seems to be unique to you as many I know have not tried it.

I have tried small amounts of the plant and she always likes to stay in my herb cabinet because she is very calming and reassuring.

I think you will have to try many ways with the extraction and be very careful because harmala alkaloids tend to be heat sensitive. most likely it will be difficult because it looks like theres about 0.031mg/g of harmol alkaloids and 0.098mg/g of harmine with the extract from 15grams of plant material. you can really play with the math with this and actually unless you discover differently you may be sad with the actual mao inhibition that passionflower provides because it looks like you would need to consume the extract from around 132 pounds of dried passion flower to get an active dose / inhibitory dosage of harmala alkaloids. the tikal says around 150 mg harmaline for an effective dose. I know harmol and harmine are different from harmaline tho and I don't know their active doses or how they differ. theres a lot to research but you also might try any especially Persian halal stores in the area looking for esfand or Syrian rue.

maybe stick with the passion flower in your brew if you feel like maybe that plant is just reaching out to you.

also i'm not sure thats acacia confusa perhaps you are more the expert. someone here def is, you will surely have a much different experience if its not than vs if it is.

good luck on your journeys and seriously do your reserch on the concentrations of alkaloids and dont do the maximum dose on your first trip or maybe just start smol.

<3

ControlledChaos
#3 Posted : 1/19/2023 5:09:49 AM

Nature is analog, ever flowing and continuous; spontaneous transfers of energy weaving in and out of dimensions, radiating outwards from the source- a non repeating, non terminating system of perpetual energy

So, I'm going to try it. This is veering into experimental territory so I'll let everyone know how this goes. So I stripped some of the bark off my sticks and twigs and picked off some of the leaves. I also bought a bottle of passionflower incarnata pills. It looks like some kind of powder, 400 mg per pill and 90 pills, making it around 36 grams total of this passion flower powder. If it's from a more concentrated part of the plant in terms of harmala alkaloids, it might just work. Here's the pills, the bottle, and some of the powder in a bowl along with the acacia confusa bark and leaves. I intend to brew the powder from all those pills along with my acacia confusa. Again this is experimental, so any feedback would be appreciated. Will update you all soon!-

The confusa I intend to brew with the passionflower^

The passionflower extract bottle^

The Passionflower extract in pill^

The passionflower extract powder^

_Trip_
#4 Posted : 1/19/2023 5:51:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have done some work with Passiflora Caerulea as was listed in the study above, I looked into the seeds and fruit. No harmine. However, it did contain .25% of different flavournoids and other signals, some which potentially could act as MAOI's but this is pure speculation. I never tested leaf and bark (but plan too soon), even if harmine is present, you'd need 2kg of bark/leaf material according to that study to produce 200mg of harmine (a trip worth). Incarnata was recorded to contain 10 times less. So unless there is another MAOI in Incarnata (and there potentially could be one or more MAOI flavournoids) you may have trouble using it. I've always read mixed views on it. If you do try it you will likely need a lot of leaf material from what I have read on previous threads.

I should add, according to the literature passiflora laurifolia may be the best candidate for harmine.

Russian olive is another potential candidate.
(Someone on reddit did an extraction but I can't view the post).
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

ControlledChaos
#5 Posted : 1/19/2023 7:38:44 AM

_Trip_ wrote:
I have done some work with Passiflora Caerulea as was listed in the study above, I looked into the seeds and fruit. No harmine. However, it did contain .25% of different flavournoids and other signals, some which potentially could act as MAOI's but this is pure speculation. I never tested leaf and bark (but plan too soon), even if harmine is present, you'd need 2kg of bark/leaf material according to that study to produce 200mg of harmine (a trip worth). Incarnata was recorded to contain 10 times less. So unless there is another MAOI in Incarnata (and there potentially could be one or more MAOI flavournoids) you may have trouble using it. I've always read mixed views on it. If you do try it you will likely need a lot of leaf material from what I have read on previous threads.

I should add, according to the literature passiflora laurifolia may be the best candidate for harmine.

Russian olive is another potential candidate.
(Someone on reddit did an extraction but I can't view the post).

Yes, actually since my last update I did some research to confirm it was a good idea or not and found that I could have injested a potentially adverse amount of passiflora with no guarantee of any mao inhibition. I have hence decided to delay my brew to when I get my hands on either some caapi or Syrian rue.

_Trip_
#6 Posted : 1/19/2023 10:17:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think with the current information that would be ideal. I would think caapi should grow well where you are and I believe some strains have the addition of THH.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

BundleflowerPower
#7 Posted : 1/20/2023 2:49:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think this thread is awesome. As far as acacia confunsa twigs, I would cut themall into pieces rather than peel the bark (same with bundlefloweer bark btw). As far as passionflower. Id try it my self. Hawaii has native passionflowers i think.

ControlledChaos
#8 Posted : 1/26/2023 11:48:33 PM

Update: After a few failed experiments with passiflora incarnata powder and Acacia Confusa twigs broken up into tiny pieces boiled together, and struggling to locate caapi or anybody with it on the island, I have ordered Sadaf brand Syrian Rue, 3 OZ of it. This should be more than enough syria rue for many journeys. This along with my access to acacia confusa trees growing in my area will give me access to oral DMT preparations that I just didn't have, even when I was given a lot of the classic caapi/chacruna brew. So my first brew I've made myself will be the acacia confusa/Syrian Rue brew. I have heard this is a very powerful combo and seen much advice to go easy on the acacia confusa lest I go overboard on DMT for hours straight.

Does anybody with experience in Rue and Acacia Confusa brews have any advice on what to expect in comparison with the traditional brew?