We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First extraction and Lab Results Options

highest.noodle
#1 Posted : 1/20/2023 2:21:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience with extracting for the 1st time. I did the A/B method with 100g of MHRB extract (not sure if it was pure root bark, because it was advertised as skincare powder) Phosphoric acid with distilled water (ph 3-4), roughly 2:1 bark powder to lye ratio and Heptane for the solvent. I did three 1,5h acid cooks and filtered our the powder with a screen print cloth and coffee filters between each cook. The liquid was foggy/clear and had a red tint. Then I dissolved 20-30g of lye in 100ml of distilled water and ended up with 1L of aqueous solution when i combined the two. I then added 100-150ml of warm Heptane. I had some trouble with layer separation and emulsions at first, so i added about 20g of lye. The solution was heated to about 50-60 degrees and shook about 5 times for each pull

The 1st pull gave me 300mg and the 2nd one 150mg. In the 3rd pull there was almost nothing left. I re-used the Heptane in all pulls.

In the end i had about 450mg of sticky yellowish product, which i washed in 50ml of warm fresh Heptane.
The final result was almost pure white product.

I had the product lab tested and the result was 95% pure DMT.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my first attempt. I'll try a different MHRB source next time, and I'm curious if the yield will be better. Smile

Any recommendations for next time? Is anyone also lab testing their product? I'm curious to hear other's results. Smile

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 1/20/2023 5:47:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

highest.noodle wrote:
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience with extracting for the 1st time. I did the A/B method with 100g of MHRB extract (not sure if it was pure root bark, because it was advertised as skincare powder) Phosphoric acid with distilled water (ph 3-4), roughly 2:1 bark powder to lye ratio and Heptane for the solvent. I did three 1,5h acid cooks and filtered our the powder with a screen print cloth and coffee filters between each cook. The liquid was foggy/clear and had a red tint. Then I dissolved 20-30g of lye in 100ml of distilled water and ended up with 1L of aqueous solution when i combined the two. I then added 100-150ml of warm Heptane. I had some trouble with layer separation and emulsions at first, so i added about 20g of lye. The solution was heated to about 50-60 degrees and shook about 5 times for each pull

The 1st pull gave me 300mg and the 2nd one 150mg. In the 3rd pull there was almost nothing left. I re-used the Heptane in all pulls.

In the end i had about 450mg of sticky yellowish product, which i washed in 50ml of warm fresh Heptane.
The final result was almost pure white product.

I had the product lab tested and the result was 95% pure DMT.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my first attempt. I'll try a different MHRB source next time, and I'm curious if the yield will be better. Smile

Any recommendations for next time? Is anyone also lab testing their product? I'm curious to hear other's results. Smile

Welcome to the Nexus!

Thanks for sharing your extraction process and your lab results! Congrats on your first attempt! Did you try it yet?

As for lab tests, here you have a couple of relevant threads that might be of interest to you:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=27724
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=96044
Be well!

highest.noodle
#3 Posted : 1/20/2023 8:48:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Haven't tested yet. It's been been a while since my last journey and I need to find the right time for the next one Smile

ovata
#4 Posted : 1/24/2023 1:41:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Assuming your analytical test is reputable, it's really cool to know that a standard a/b extraction gives 95% purity. It's very interesting that naphtha/heptane works so well for pulling DMT without other alkaloids coming along for the ride.

And adding brine solution (water saturated with sodium chloride) is great for breaking up emulsions. It increases the density of the water layer and helps it separate.

highest.noodle
#5 Posted : 1/27/2023 12:16:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the tip Smile Maybe I'll try adding less lye next time and break up the emulsion with a salt solution. What's the ideal ratio of water to lye (pure)? I believe adding too much lye can make the extraction more sticky.

The test was done in a national laboratory for health using the HPLC method. I don't know any details, but afaik it compares the substance against a standard/reference compound.