We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
amanita muscaria Options

Spock's Brain
#1 Posted : 5/6/2008 9:12:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone have any experience with the amanita muscaria? The red mushrooms the white dots? are they worth doing, are they safe, are they profound? What is a proper dosage in grams?
"Infinite Diversity, in Infinite Combinations."

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

amor_fati
#2 Posted : 5/6/2008 10:04:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Though I believe there to be an extraction method, the mushrooms themselves are barely active unless you drink the urine excreted after ingestion. I've tried the former but not the latter, however I've been meaning to look into extraction.

fourthripley
#3 Posted : 5/6/2008 11:41:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati wrote:
Though I believe there to be an extraction method, the mushrooms themselves are barely active unless you drink the urine excreted after ingestion.

Respectfully, not true; all depends on your mushrooms, actives can vary wildly. Spocksbrain, regards dosage its difficult to say, lower dosages will provide a pleasant, non-descript sort of sedation, higher will give you a taste of the thing.Because of variation you really need to work your way up on any batch. Worthwhile? well I found them very worthwhile, although I couldn't exactly tell you whyI found them worthwhile. They are unlike any other psychedelic agents you may have tried- indeed many dispute whether there is any psychedelic component to the experience at all- but in the right enviroment, at home and safe, they can be interesting and enjoyableSmile
mistakes were made

Big Inhale
#4 Posted : 5/7/2008 4:20:28 AM

The Enlightend One

Spock's Brain wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with the amanita muscaria? The red mushrooms the white dots? are they worth doing, are they safe, are they profound? What is a proper dosage in grams?
do them I did once tripped pretty good we took an ounce and put it in some just simmered tap water and let them sit for like 20 -30 mines then strained then drank the broth it was funky tasting like chicken and old mushrooms not to hard to get down though split between two people there were some weird cev like electriical light patterns very lazy feeling supposedly you have to heat the mushroom slightly to change the muscarine to muscimole or something like that but that why we chose that method of ingestion
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

modsquad09
#5 Posted : 5/7/2008 6:57:43 AM

mods

Ive tryed several extracts, and ive bought an ounce before.
It said on erowid to take 10-20 grams or something like that is a normal dose..
They taste really earthy, like dirt almost, very sour/bitter compared to shrooms..

One time i fell asleep, the other i just threw up all night got really sick...
another time i was just sedated like on pills kinda..

I would say dont waste your time and money, its really about the right picking season, and u never know how much drug is actually in the mushroom..

I would say stick w/ shrooms for mushroom trips..
Everything above me is really a lie... think for yourself & question authority!

LemonScented
#6 Posted : 5/7/2008 9:29:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

swim did it about 6 months ago, with 3 grams syrian rue. like 6 to 7 grams amanitas.. horribly nauseating, spent 3 hours on my couch trying not to move. did it on a empty stomach, eventually got hungry and attempted to eat a quesodilla. half way through it swim ran to the bathroom and vomited shear violence and syrian rue. could definately taste the rue. afterwards it was way better, kind of like dxm in retrospect but in far less control and with much more mobility. very strong body high and felt extremely giddy. sort of pleasant at the time but now that swim thinks about it he'd rather of gotten high and felt anxious. about a month ago swim tried it again with a smaller 4 to 5 grams dose, this time without rue. absolutely nothing happened. not even dibilatating sickness!

fourthripley
#7 Posted : 5/7/2008 11:19:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Not sure I understand the logic of mixing Amanita with MAOIs, the actives are isoxazole derivatives not amines (I think, my chem may be naive). The compounds show some structural similarities to the prescription MAOI Marplan (isocarboazid). I have wondered about consuming NN during Amanita intoxication- would certainly be Erowid worthy- but the twitches and lack of coordination could make vaping difficult to say the least.
mistakes were made

LemonScented
#8 Posted : 5/8/2008 2:52:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

fourthripley wrote:
Not sure I understand the logic of mixing Amanita with MAOIs, the actives are isoxazole derivatives not amines (I think, my chem may be naive). The compounds show some structural similarities to the prescription MAOI Marplan (isocarboazid). I have wondered about consuming NN during Amanita intoxication- would certainly be Erowid worthy- but the twitches and lack of coordination could make vaping difficult to say the least.

lots of people report it potentiates the experience. there's really no grounding for the mixing but people swear by it. maybe its just a matter of cross inebriation...

modsquad09
#9 Posted : 5/8/2008 4:35:07 AM

mods

unless u happen to get that perfect amanita with no side effects.. its not really worth it..thats why its legal =]

But hey i like what erowid lists for effects, even though ive never experienced them..
guess its the season u pick, or maybe i should of ate the whole ounce =/

Big Inhale
#10 Posted : 5/8/2008 3:44:49 PM

The Enlightend One

modsquad09 wrote:
unless u happen to get that perfect amanita with no side effects.. its not really worth it..thats why its legal =]

But hey i like what erowid lists for effects, even though ive never experienced them..
you have to simmer them to activate them
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Spock's Brain
#11 Posted : 5/9/2008 10:32:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the great replies. sounds like something to avoid, like SWIM has suspected. allot of great and bold adventurers on this forum, SWIM hates getting sick tho. SWIM thought about getting a collection just for novelty sake a never touching them allready, to remind SWIM of some favorite childhood SMURFS episodes. The smurfs are always BLUE, i wonder why that is? Smile Fortunately SWIM is free to seek out any variety he thinks merits his attention, as SWIM is able to read and contemplate information with complete competence, and therefore doesn't need to worry about being bound by what his community mandates he should do to himself, regarding things that only affect himself...
"Infinite Diversity, in Infinite Combinations."

modsquad09
#12 Posted : 5/14/2008 7:57:16 PM

mods

Big Inhale wrote:
modsquad09 wrote:

no u dont.. especially if it is already an extract.
But yeah thats a better way of getting the poisons out..

Its just how these mushies are. they either give u hel or heaven.. or nothing at all, or extremly sick, or just a drunken feeling with lots of discoordination..

i think the higher doses are were its at for more psycedelic effects(like moste of us want)
-but thats also where most risk falls in.. idk...

eat shrooms or drink alcohol with some hydros.. much more pleasent i think.

acolon_5
#13 Posted : 5/14/2008 8:38:55 PM

The Great Namah

modsquad09 wrote:
Big Inhale wrote:
modsquad09 wrote:

no u dont.. especially if it is already an extract.
But yeah thats a better way of getting the poisons out..

Its just how these mushies are. they either give u hel or heaven.. or nothing at all, or extremly sick, or just a drunken feeling with lots of discoordination..

i think the higher doses are were its at for more psycedelic effects(like moste of us want)
-but thats also where most risk falls in.. idk...

eat shrooms or drink alcohol with some hydros.. much more pleasent i think.

This is one ethnogen I have stayed away from. If I want mushrooms I'll just grow some Cubes. The affects from these just sound unpleasant, even if prepared correctly. Plus I am really weirded out about using something that can easily poisen me.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

polytrip
#14 Posted : 5/16/2008 5:46:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I find them even in larger doses not realy spectacular, compared to the other mushrooms and tryptamine halucinogens. I experienced some LSD-like visuals. It causes a short period of mental clarity first that could be compared maybe with immense amounts of caffeine, then a longer period with these lsd-like visuals and mild sedation. I have also tried them in combination with LSD and it seemed to enhance its visual effects. I wouldn't recommend it though, since i find the effects rather unspectacular by themself.

modsquad09
#15 Posted : 5/16/2008 7:12:38 PM

mods

this is why they are such a good natural gimmick for online sacred herb vendors..
pretty good for someone who cant grow or produce their own illegal shitt.
just sucks that u could die from them, butyet all the illegal shitt u really cant..
i mean u can fucking buy belladonna too! man this world is fucked up.

fourthripley
#16 Posted : 5/16/2008 11:20:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

As far as I'm aware, there are no documented deaths from consuming correctly identified A. Muscaria. I'm genrally pretty sceptical of 'secret cult', 'religeous mysterie supressed as taboo' type theories, but the phobia towards these mushrooms- which at worst are no more 'unpleasant' in their effects than many other minority psychoactives- does make me wonder if there isn't something in those theories...
mistakes were made

magic clown
#17 Posted : 5/21/2008 4:56:56 AM

aka Slap Stick Sam

I've had loads of Amanitas. My first ones were eaten in 1988 and maybe every two or three years since then, for no good reason, I hit them again. Over those two decades, I have accumilated a fair amount of knowledge about them. I've tried them in varying amounts and in varying preparations. I have eaten them raw, cooked and drank my own piss whilst intoxicated. I don't rate them as being particularly usefull, nor do I think they are as bad as many say. There is a lot of ignorance surrounding Aminita Muscaria. People hear off putting stories. They never try them but continue to circulate the myths.

I shall attempt to share with you all that I know about Amanita Muscaria.

Identification

Firstly, these toadstools are really easy, perhaps the easiest of all mushrooms to identify. Their colour, size, shape, season and habitat make them fairley unique. That is lucky, as some close relatives of A. Muscaria, are the deadliest of all. By saying deadly, I mean eatting one will kill you, out right, with no antidote. Once the poison is in you and metabaliszed, no ammount of medical science, not even multiple complete blood transfussions and diallasis, is going to save you.

So learn to identify them. There are plenty of good books in the local library to help you. Once you know what they should look like, observe them in nature. You will see at various times of day, in various weather conditions, at various stages of their life cycle and at various times in their fruiting stages, lots of differant shapes, sizes, colours and hues. From white emergant eggs in the ground, through to large flat topped umbrellas to decayed maggot infested, slug munched filth.

The easiest place to find them, is in late Summer to early Autumn under Silver Birch trees. At that time of year and in that habiat you are unlikley to encounter any of the easily mistaken deadly look alikes. Once you are confident that you have correctly identified them you are ready to pick.

Picking choices

When you find a good spot you will see hundreds of them, its a stunning and beautiful display. You will be tempted to pick arm loads. Don't do this, its not fair, you only need a few couple at most. To find exactly the right ones, with the best ratios and concentrations of muscamol is a little tricky.

Apart from muscamol, which you want, A. Muscaria also contain ibotenic acids and muscarine, which you don't want. The shroom most likely to be your friend will be found earlier in the season. It will be large, a cap diamatre of 7-8 inches and it will be dried or drying in the sun. This is the tricky part. To get them big and fat, they need plenty of rain. To get them dry you need the exactly the reverse. In acctual fact, its not that hard to do. You just have to regularly watch your garden grow, keeping an eye on the weather. At the end of Summer you get the first rain storms that power their growth but you still get long periods of warm sunshine. As the shroom dries its skin changes colour, hue and texture. It turns from the bright reddy orange, to a light, orangey-yellowy, tan colour. The texture will change from damp matt and tacky, to dry shinney and smooth, similar to onion skins. These are the ones you want.

The muscamol and muscarin have their heaviest concentrations in a yellow pithy area beneath the skin before the white flesh. I pick only the caps, either leaving the stalk in the ground, or eating it fresh as I walk through my patch. The stalks are perfectly edible raw as is. I should mention I do examine my cap first. Flys lay eggs in the gills, which rapidly become maggots recognised as tiny black dots. On closer examination these black dots turn out to be the guts of translucent white maggots in the white flesh of the shroom and stalk.

Preparation

On returning home, I want to convert my unpleasant muscarine into more pleasurable muscamole. This is achieved using gentle heat. I slice the shrooms into thin strips and place them on a baking try. This is then put in an oven, on the lowest setting, with the door open. As they heat up, a yellow juice emerges from the shrooms. Using a spoon I scoop the juice up and baste them with it, as they slowly dry out. The smell at this point is gorgeous. When the shroom is totally cooked, it it is a dark reddy brown colour and is rock hard. There is no muscarine or ibotenic acid, only muscamol. It is now ready for consumption.

Dosage

20 grams of your cooked shroom is what you need. That equates to 2 large caps. I recommend 15 grams for people trying it the first time, maybe somewhere close to 25-30g. for people accustomed to the trip and up to 40g. for people who really really like them. I have found the best way to consume them, is as a mushroom soup. I grind the lumps down to a dust, add them to a saucepan of milk and bring it to the boil. A few croutons, knob of butter and a sprig of parsley and your away. Then sit back and prepare to feel ill. If you can sleep, do it.

Effects

After 30min a number of things all start to happen at once. Non of them are particularly pleasant. I generally start to feel nauseous. Some times I will be unable to keep it down but even after heaving the feelings of nausea don't pass. I also become quite drunk. It is not a nice, light headed, euphoric, merry drunk. Its more like drinking heavily on top of a large hangover drunk. I get dizzy even when lying down. My head is heavy, my mind is wooley and my speach is slurred.

60min+ I will be feeling very disorientated within my mind and body. I'll be shivering and sweating. I feel there is something majorley wrong with me but I am unable to work out what it is. I crawl under the duvet but find no comfort. I lurch out for cooler fresh air but return to my duvet. I have panic attacks, suddenly I may believe my heart has stopped. I desperatley start feeling for a pulse and banging my chest to give a self administered cardiac massage. I will want an ambulance but cant get the telephone to work. There will be CEVs at this point but I am to uncomfortable and nervous to take much notice of them.

120mins+ The anxiety attacks are subsiding. I still feel drunk or drugged but I am starting to regain my composier, and am glad I didn't get the ambulance. I am now able to take more notice of the CEVs. They are not particularly exciting. If DMT is 10, LSD 6, Psylocybin 4, Amanita Muscari is 1-2. They do have their own feel however, unlike anything else. Generally I see a swirling kalidescope, the colours are dark soft and muted. Without any warning pictures suddenly appear. They are a very photographic like. Crisp sharp and real looking. But unlike the fantastic and colour saturated imagery of DMT, they are mute and somber. I will see the mundane imagery of my life. A row of shops in the rain... A girl lighting a cigarette at the bus stop... Some men digging a hole in the road... Some dirty washing in the sink. It is totally random and also one dimensional. I can not wander into the scene or explore it. All I can do is watch and hope something interesting happens. It never does.

During the whole duration of my trip, I hear my own voice. Loud and clear, endlessly wittering on. Talking mundane crap to me. Things like, You should fix the puncture on your bike... What will you eat for dinner... Did you remember to phone Mum... I talk back sometimes in my head, sometimes out loud, I am never really quite sure.

This state of mind lasts for about 3-4 hours. I may slumber, its never real sleep but its not quite awake. People tell me I snore but I am not in any kind of deep sleep. Eventually, I do sleep. I wake the next day, alert and fresh, there is never any residual affects, I am back to base.

Drinking Piss

Everyone has heard of doing it. Many think it sounds disgusting. I should like to say swallow your piss with your pride. Don't worry or think too much about it. There is nothing in your own piss that is going to hurt you. In fact during an Aminita Muscaria intoxication exactly the opposite.
The muscarine passes through the body relatively intact. The other toxins seam to be metabalized or filtered out. You have just gone through all the unpleasantness of convulsions, heart palpuatations, and fevers and sweats. Now youv'e got a tippy medicine without all that.

Conclusions to follow
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense