We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Tips and Tricks Requested Options

Voidmatrix
#1 Posted : 1/12/2023 2:53:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

In finally acquiring some caapi leaves. I'm inspired to really dive into making more changa.

I prefer to extract my own harmalas as it's more "meaningful" for me, but I have unfortunately have poor success in extracting from caapi as well as rue.

I have quite a bit of both "yellow" and "black" caapi, so would hate to think that it's the quality of the plant matter.

That said, I would love to hear tips and tricks from you all in increasing my yield in harmala extractions (not like I won't make a bunch of changa with the harmalas I presently have lol).

For caapi, I have been using the easy caapi vine alkaloid tek, and the Tao or Rue for rue.

Thank you

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

strtman
#2 Posted : 1/12/2023 3:31:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I suggest to try solely caapi leaves with infused DMT in the ratio 1 : 1. That already is significantly different than free base DMT. Also the ratio 70 % caapi leaves and 30 % DMT can give beautiful results.

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 1/12/2023 3:46:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

strtman wrote:

I suggest to try solely caapi leaves with infused DMT in the ratio 1 : 1. That already is significantly different than free base DMT. Also the ratio 70 % caapi leaves and 30 % DMT can give beautiful results.

That'll be one of the first blends that I make. I have a fair amount of experience with changa in general but this will be my first set endeavors with caapi leaves.

I'm interested in improving my harmala extraction in order to then make 10x campus leaves when the time comes. Though I could feasibly just do so by boiling some leaves down as well.

Will definitely share what I think about the caapi only combo with DMT Smile

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ShadedSelf
#4 Posted : 1/12/2023 4:03:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use gibrans tek for both rue and caapi, works perfectly.
My only tip is to not reduce brews and work in parallel with them, makes filtering way easier, and you get a sense of how many alkaloids you are extracting with each boil and when to stop, you need a lot of glassware though.

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 1/12/2023 4:09:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ShadedSelf wrote:
I use gibrans tek for both rue and caapi, works perfectly.
My only tip is to not reduce brews and work in parallel with them, makes filtering way easier, and you get a sense of how many alkaloids you are extracting with each boil and when to stop, you need a lot of glassware though.

Thank you, this is the tek I typically use as well. I think I may be reducing too much, so will try to reduce less or add more water. Thank you very much for that.

One love

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 1/12/2023 5:23:32 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Depends if you're going for water as the only solvent. You may have noticed some of us reporting positive results with precipitating harmala citrates from both ethyl acetate and butyl acetate. While this was generally by using rue seed, it should be possible to adapt the methods to caapi, brewed or not.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 1/12/2023 5:29:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Depends if you're going for water as the only solvent. You may have noticed some of us reporting positive results with precipitating harmala citrates from both ethyl acetate and butyl acetate. While this was generally by using rue seed, it should be possible to adapt the methods to caapi, brewed or not.

Well... you and I have met on this bridge before, so as always thank you...

I have noticed it, but because I second guess myself on my chemistry I don't consider trying to do the same, unfortunately... I tend to go with one route until I've gotten it right and then expand thereafter.

All the same, guess it may be time to crack open the bottle of EA I have. Will do a little research to make sure I implement it correctly.

One love

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 1/12/2023 8:40:08 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Here's the essential reading for interested parties: Ethyl Acetate Approach for Harmala

Adaptations for direct use on caapi would be highly experimental, so I can't claim there would be any advantages over water-based methods.

(It seems my new year's resolution is to encourage people to try experimental techniques wherever possible!)

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 1/12/2023 8:58:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Here's the essential reading for interested parties: Ethyl Acetate Approach for Harmala

Adaptations for direct use on caapi would be highly experimental, so I can't claim there would be any advantages over water-based methods.

(It seems my new year's resolution is to encourage people to try experimental techniques wherever possible!)

Well, this might be my first research oriented contribution (I think) if I perform an EA extraction on caapi. I may run it in tandem with rue.

And already have a new tab up with for that post Smile

Thanks again

One love