We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Syrian rue + Smoked DMT - my trip report Options

PickleRick
#1 Posted : 12/25/2022 11:29:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Smile

Merry Christmas for all that celebrate Smile

Just wanted to share with you guys my first experience with Syrian rue in case anyone finds it helpful.

Around 10am yesterday I woke up and wanted to try the rue i had recently got so I decided to skip breakfast and make a rue tea.

I added 5g of rue seeds, a glass of water and the juice of half a lemon to a pan, I then boiled the mixture for 35 minutes until it was around 1/5th of the original cup size.

I added 1 teaspoon of honey to the finished tea but unfortunately the brew still tasted foul almost like a medicine or chemical taste, however it was not a lot of liquid so was easy to finish off, I followed the tea with a large glass of water.

It was quite sunny outside so I decided to roll a really small joint (0.1g) and sit outside and meditate a little whilst I waited an hour for the tea to activate, around 40-45 minutes after drinking the tea I noticed a slight change in my mood (less anxious, more relaxed) and a very light buzzing sensation at the ends of my toes and fingers.

At this point I decided to smoke a couple bowls of rue seeds, I packed roughly 0.3g into my bong and smoked them the seeds are actually really smooth to smoke and have a light woody flavour.

By this time I was ready to smoke the dmt so i loaded the bong with a bottom layer of ash and rue seeds, then added 50mg of dmt covered by some ash and dried mint to protect the dmt, inhaling the total contents of the bong took 2 hits and by the second hit I was gone…..

Arriving in a state of pure bliss I was in a scenery I can only describe as a cosmic oasis with golden and silver palm trees and the most intricate Colors and patterning I’d ever seen from any trip I’ve had before, the visuals had a much ‘thicker’ and more ‘lush’ feel to them appearing to be much deeper than normal smoked dmt trips I’ve had before.

This lasted for what I estimate to be around 20-30 minutes of pure bliss until I was interrupted by a knock at my front door, unable to find my keys or even fathom what a key looked like at the time I couldn’t open my gate to let my friend in and he went away to a local bar while i sorted myself out 😂😂

For the next little while i sat in my garden enjoying incredible OEVs looking out to the mountains and fields that lasted for around 45 mins

At some point I had got a little scared that the dmt would never go and I would be stuck like this forever but I relaxed when i accepted my fate 😂😂

All in all Id say I would definitely recommend Syrian Rue to any traveller looking to further there DMT experiences but be prepared for a much longer stronger trip than usual Smile

Wubba lubba dub dub

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

PickleRick
#2 Posted : 12/25/2022 12:16:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also guys if I was to make changa with 1:1:1 ratio how strong would that be compared to this experience and would there be any benefit to drinking rue tea before smoking Changa or would this be way too much harmalas?
Wubba lubba dub dub

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 12/25/2022 4:27:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Thank you for sharing! Sounds like a pretty great time. Is there anything that you feel you brought back or need to process about the experience?

Add more honey, and it'll taste good Smile That bitterness can be rough.

What were your friend's thoughts?

PickleRick wrote:
Also guys if I was to make changa with 1:1:1 ratio how strong would that be compared to this experience and would there be any benefit to drinking rue tea before smoking Changa or would this be way too much harmalas?

That may be a bit much on the harmala end for your changa blend. Most seem to only go up to about 1/3 the harmalas per gram of DMT. I had to teach myself ratios, so apologies if I'm off here (I don't trust myself lol), but it'll probably work better to have a 1:1:0.3/ 3:3:1.

And yes, you can drink rue before changa and you'll likely notice some of the difference of imbibed harmalas vs. smoked harmalas. I've found that there is a threshold in which harmalas become very very intense in their own right, so YMMV with regard to dosing. Have some fun experimenting and seeing what works for you.

Get that parkour, and Happy Holidays to you!

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ZiPhi
#4 Posted : 1/8/2023 3:59:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing your experience Rick.

VoidMatrix or anyone else, is there a raw rue guide floating around in the wiki or here that I'm not seeing? I've gone through the harmala extraction teks but have only been able to find incidental use of pre N,N administration rue tea direct from seed (such as this). Has anyone put together something that would give a new rue tea user a place to start? I have some peganum seed and was looking to use it prior to an N,N vape.

::Edit::
I may have answered my own question here - I did find this [3.2] which is a good start.

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 1/8/2023 5:49:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

ZiPhi wrote:
Thanks for sharing your experience Rick.

VoidMatrix or anyone else, is there a raw rue guide floating around in the wiki or here that I'm not seeing? I've gone through the harmala extraction teks but have only been able to find incidental use of pre N,N administration rue tea direct from seed (such as this). Has anyone put together something that would give a new rue tea user a place to start? I have some peganum seed and was looking to use it prior to an N,N vape.

::Edit::
I may have answered my own question here - I did find this [3.2] which is a good start.

I think there may be one, but it's not coming to mind at the moment. Perhaps I'll write a comprehensive one up with tea recipes and links to the slow roast method and links for harmala extractions as well.

Anyways, a good place to start would be making tea and familiarizing yourself with the overall effects.
1.Rinse seeds.
2.Roast seeds until almost all of them pop, preventing as many as possible from burning (constant stirring helps with this).
3. Boil or steep in boiling slightly acidic water.
4. You may want some honey Laughing
5. Drink and enjoy.

I tend to mix other teas with rue such as chamomile and rooibos and peppermint.

You can also grind and smaolk the seeds

Or, do a crude alcohol extraction.

Or, IIRC, you can also just eat them.

Hope this helps.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ZiPhi
#6 Posted : 1/11/2023 3:22:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the starting point VoidM. I made up a .5g batch as you directed and sippped on it very slowly about 45 before a 15mg vape of n,n. I took some other Nexian advice I came across here and predisposed my liking of it to 'enjoyable' and that was unexpectedly effective! Definitely noticed a duration increase, however slight but the come-on was deeper as well. The message/meaning/depth was more deliberate, real and personal as well compared to other sessions at that dosage. I'm still unpacking it all but there was noticeably more and more relevant material than I was used to at that dosage - a good deal of which built on previous visits as I often experience.

I would be forever grateful if you were inclined to write up a guide and tek. Your posts are, like so many other veteran members' here, invaluable so thank you for even considering putting something like that together!