We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Presentation On The Current Status Of San Pedro Populations In South America Options

Grey Fox
#1 Posted : 12/24/2022 7:08:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKWHJFzAFAk

The presentation is by Laurel Sugden and others who are working to preserve Pachanoi and Peruvianus and other Trichocereus species in the wild. Contrary to popular narratives (often put forward by those who profit from the sale of San Pedro powder and from San Pedro retreat tourism) San Pedro is in trouble. It is being over exploited and unsustainably harvested. The current status quo cannot continue. San Pedro is already beginning to disappear from parts of it's range.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Loveall
#2 Posted : 12/25/2022 2:15:15 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Thanks for posting this. I added a link to this video in the CIELO TEK to help spread the word that making San Pedro sustainable is important.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 1/7/2023 12:52:33 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

This video is a must-watch for anyone interested in mescaline-containing cacti. It highlights the imperative for people to be cultivating their own material.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 1/8/2023 12:52:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
This video is a must-watch for anyone interested in mescaline-containing cacti. It highlights the imperative for people to be cultivating their own material.

And cacti are incredibly "maintenance friendly" things to grow as well. A lot easier to keep alive than mushrooms.

Fridge
#5 Posted : 1/8/2023 3:07:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am glad I watched it, thanks for sharing! Seeing that man's cacti garden makes me wish that I wish I started a big patch 5 years ago... well in 5 years I might be glad that I started it now Smile.
...no need to worry...

DansMaTete
#6 Posted : 1/8/2023 3:48:40 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Fridge wrote:
I am glad I watched it, thanks for sharing! Seeing that man's cacti garden makes me wish that I wish I started a big patch 5 years ago... well in 5 years I might be glad that I started it now Smile.

I started almost 4 years ago and I'm already very happy Pleased
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

ZiPhi
#7 Posted : 1/8/2023 4:09:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks very much for posting this. I've been very fortunate in my efforts to propagate and sustain the couple that I found at a local big box hardware store but wasn't aware of how threatened they are in the wild.

endlessness
#8 Posted : 1/8/2023 4:11:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing!

Sustainability of these plants is very important, and the more we can all grow, the better! I don´t really agree with some of the spiritual ideas shared in the talk but I respect different people´s beliefs and I do share the respect for the plants and desire to be sustainable in its use.

Maybe quite some people here have taken psychedelics grown elsewhere because they don´t have a garden where they can grow things or it´s not the right climate. I understand that, and I won´t say they are necessarily wrong to want to purchase a product grown elsewhere and have a mind-transforming experience.

Ideally you grow your own, but if that´s not possible, there are other options... You can purchase plants grown in greenhouses nearer to where you are (there are different plant vendors in the US and in Europe, for example), and that way you avoid having products unsustainably harvested in the wild in South America.

San Pedros (and related species) are incredibly sturdy, don´t need a lot of care, and you can always keep them in pots and move them inside in winter. Even if you can´t grow a huge garden, it is likely you could grow a Pedro in your terrace, porch or even just next to your sunniest window, maybe it won´t be enough to feed an army but it will be a nice symbolic action, and I´m sure your trips will be nicer if you have a San Pedro in your house to look at Very happy

Fridge wrote:

Do it, you certainly won´t regret it!

First picture below is in 2015 when I started my cact collection, and the last two pics are how my garden was looking 6 months ago. A couple of years ago I moved to another house so I had to cut the tallest cuttings I had down to transport, so now they aren´t so tall but on the other hand they multiplied, so I have about 150 cuttings now.

I already consumed tea from my plants, which has been great, and just recently extracted my first batch, a mix of different cuttings from my garden, and got a 1.1% yield. Will consume 400mg in two days Smile

Now

dragonrider
#9 Posted : 1/9/2023 1:00:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's an impressive collection of cacti endlessness.

Fridge
#10 Posted : 1/9/2023 4:50:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes I agree, this is a beautiful garden Love ! I got only 5 growing at the moment and only one being a little taller. They radiate a certain calmness just standing there.

I am sure the 400mg will be a pleasant experience, endlessness.
...no need to worry...