We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Psychedelic Induced Hyperacusis Options

Voidmatrix
#21 Posted : 1/3/2023 1:00:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I don't remember a time where I didn't experience tinnitus. I've had it as an intermittent phenomenon for as long as I can remember. It even occurs in my deaf ear from time to time.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Loveall
#22 Posted : 1/3/2023 4:20:20 PM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

OrangeEnergy wrote:
I can only agree with the advice and opinions that have been voiced here.
This is an amazing place to share and receive knowledge and assistance, but nobody is here to save you from yourself.

I woke up deaf in one ear about 6 years ago. A viral inner ear infection, apparently. This has mutated into constant tinnitus. Some hearing has come back at higher amplitudes, but it is not functional, and is distorted and scratchy. I've not noticed any change in it from journeying, however. A bit more anecdotal evidence to add to the pile.

What about non-physical effects? Do you think journeying may have help accept/live with tinitus?
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Jacubey
#23 Posted : 1/3/2023 9:36:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Whenever I take moderate-high doses of harmalas I get this. It is transient however, and fades when the experience is over. Nothing ever lingers...

For me, I start noticing very, very small noises. The gentle rolling of ball bearings inside a motor turns in to an almost "evil" grinding sound. Like an angry or annoyed person gnashing their teeth and growling at me with a nasily tone. Every ceiling fan, box fan, and desk fan makes this noise. Everything with a motor from what I can tell.

No traditional psychedelics have caused an auditory effect like this, but they do all temporarily introduce some auditory disturbances for me.

Loveall
#24 Posted : 1/3/2023 10:56:40 PM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

Jacubey wrote:
Whenever I take moderate-high doses of harmalas I get this. It is transient however, and fades when the experience is over. Nothing ever lingers...

For me, I start noticing very, very small noises. The gentle rolling of ball bearings inside a motor turns in to an almost "evil" grinding sound. Like an angry or annoyed person gnashing their teeth and growling at me with a nasily tone. Every ceiling fan, box fan, and desk fan makes this noise. Everything with a motor from what I can tell.

No traditional psychedelics have caused an auditory effect like this, but they do all temporarily introduce some auditory disturbances for me.

Is it extracted Harmalas or raw rue seeds?

Jacubey
#25 Posted : 1/3/2023 11:20:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Jacubey wrote:

Is it extracted Harmalas or raw rue seeds?

Both extracted or raw. Doesn't seem to happen with harmine. Seems to be specific to harmaline for me. I did quite a bit of testing with harmine to see if it was psychedelic at all, and even at 300mg, I had no noticeable psychedelic effects.

Just want to emphasize this in case it was missed: It is a transient effect for me, and does not continue past the end of the experience.

Loveall
#26 Posted : 1/4/2023 12:57:51 AM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

Thanks. I have loss of coordination and tracers with Harmaline. Harmine and THH do not cause this for me.

I no longer take harmaline and use harmine/THH exclusively.

PREV12