We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Questions about Yopo! Options

FranLover
#1 Posted : 6/5/2019 4:21:44 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

I am looking for people who have done Yopo. I have never done it. My question is about testimony; how does Yopo relate to the dmt world? As I understand Yopo is amazing clear visions with harsh body load...while that nn dmt is amazing visions with less body load? I wonder why the bufotenine body load is always emphasized. And more importantly, what does it mean? Is the only way to activate the third eye (open the "spiritual" world) hrough body load or the destruction of the body? (this relates to all psychedelics of course.) And does Yopo cause third eye activation? I know nn dmt has my third eye vibrating like crazy.
Yopo really tempts me because of the quality of visions described. I would like it with a cup of Caapi.
But I want to know what someone has made of it...to you, what is it? What has it done for you? How does it relate to hyperspace? How safe is it?
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 6/5/2019 6:28:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I personally never realy experienced that much discomfort with yopo.
I have never taken large quantities of it though.

The first few times i tried it, i smoked some powdered seeds with tobaco. The first time i did not feel or see anything special, but the second time i inhaled deeper and held the very harsh smoke in for longer. And i got some very mild visual effects, simmilar to the visual effects of shrooms.

From then on is started to experiment some more, and i smoked it with weed, or when i was already under the influence of other psychedelics.

I must say that it started to grow on me.

There is always a short phase of nausea and a heavy bodyload indeed. But it is short lasting and relatively mild compared to that of so many other substances.
But the more i did it, the more sensitive i seemed to become, for it's visual and euphoric effects.
After this short phase of nausea, there is a sudden onset of visual effects, paired with a mild sort of euphoria.

When you are already on shrooms, ayahuasca, or LSD, you don't need that much of it, and the effects are truly magical.

Once i was smoking it in a wooden cabin in a forest. I was sitting on a porch, and i swear to god, the forest turned into a cartoonesque sort of wild-west movie with cowboys and indians.
Another time i smoked it inside my bedroom, and then it started to snow inside my room, turning into a snowstorm with lightning.

What it has in common with vaporised DMT is this: you get very strong visual effects that can become so powerfull that they completely replace your normal visual reality. There is also a sense of immersion, though it is by far not as strong of that of DMT. That aspect of it is maybe comparable to a very powerfull cannabis experience. There definately IS a feeling of immersion, but it is not complete and total. It does not fully overtake you.

The last time i did it was with ALD-52, wich is basically just LSD. I put some grains of basified yopo under my tongue. After five minutes i started to get a rushing sensation, and then i saw a bunch of muppet-like figures.
Now here's the immersive part...at some point i felt i was turning into a muppet myself as well. I sort of experienced the muppet version of myself. You could say i was immersed into a muppet world, where everything or everybody is a muppet.
This may sound a funny, but it is actually a little disturbing to experience being a muppet.

But not as disturbing as it would have been with DMT. With DMT it would have been like: "oh my god, i don't want to be a muppet for the rest of my life, i don't want to have muppet sex, i want my human body back, oh dear god, i promise i'll believe in you from now on, i'll even go to church if you realy insist, but please make me human again".

With bufotenin it does not get that immersive. The euphoria is also comparable to that of cannabis. It is a warm and buzzing sort of feeling.

FranLover
#3 Posted : 6/5/2019 7:07:08 PM

Thank you I appreciate your time Thumbs up I liked the idea of smoking it on shrooms...like smoking caapi on shrooms I imagine [reported by the McKenna brothers as the sparking of amazing imagery for 30minutes.] I totally know what you mean by the muppets. I can't wrap my head around why hyperspace (or the brain) is so bent on creating generic stuff. It's never one muppet,mannequin, little ball...they come by the thousands. They are running a factory over there and product is mass produced. It isn't just a western scene, it's the epitome of the western genre, It defines essence.
How much mics had you taken?
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 6/6/2019 1:26:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

somewhere around 250 mics.

gazal
#5 Posted : 6/12/2019 2:51:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did few sessions with yopo with the Piaroas (Capitan Bolivar) in Puerto Ayacucho-Venezuela, but the first time was in Europe, in the middle of a Yagè ceremony.
In Venezuela it always was preceded by ingesting a milky brew made with macerated Caapi( no boil, only Caapi grinded and pounded in water 12 hours before) and accompained by the chants of shamans (Capitan Bolivar the main one).

It is very intense, but once I had to overcome the incapacitating body effects to reach the latrine 100 mt away in the bush: I only waited 15 minutes to have the first strong culmination subsided - so it is possible to mantain a bit of body control if really needed.

The Piaroas says Caapi is used to work with the past, Yopo with the present and Dada(Malouetia Flavescens = Schomburgkiana) with the future ... !

I did not know there was a link between yopo and the third eye, but i experimented a very overwelming flow of visions just there, in the centre of my skull. The more remarkable fact was not this explosion of colors and morphing but the realization that my inner centre of consciousness, the source and foundation of my identity, was untouched and unaffected, rather EXPOSED, by that chaotic neurological hyper-activity; like the still hub of a rotating wheel.

FranLover
#6 Posted : 6/13/2019 11:31:11 AM

gazal wrote:
I did few sessions with yopo with the Piaroas (Capitan Bolivar) in Puerto Ayacucho-Venezuela, but the first time was in Europe, in the middle of a Yagè ceremony.
In Venezuela it always was preceded by ingesting a milky brew made with macerated Caapi( no boil, only Caapi grinded and pounded in water 12 hours before) and accompained by the chants of shamans (Capitan Bolivar the main one).

It is very intense, but once I had to overcome the incapacitating body effects to reach the latrine 100 mt away in the bush: I only waited 15 minuets to have the first strong culmination subsided - so it is possible to mantain a bit of body control if really needed.

The Piaroas says Caapi is used to work with the past, Yopo with the present and Dada(Malouetia Flavescens = Schomburgkiana) with the future ... !

I did not know there was a link between yopo and the third eye, but i experimented a very overwelming flow of visions just there, in the centre of my skull. The more remarkable fact was not this explosions of colors and morphing but the realization that my inner centre of consciousness, the source and foundation of my identity, was untouched and unaffected, rather EXPOSED, by that chaotic neurological hyper-activity; like the still hub of a rotating wheel.

Hi!=) thnx for sharing your experiences. I really liked the end; it is a bit like that.

gazal
#7 Posted : 6/13/2019 12:37:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FranLover wrote:

Hi!=) thnx for sharing your experiences. I really liked the end; it is a bit like that.

Yes, the end is an insight that I rarely have the occasion to share, but I know it is an important thing to learn and pursue.
Thank you.

dragonrider
#8 Posted : 6/16/2019 7:54:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gazal wrote:

It is very intense, but once I had to overcome the incapacitating body effects to reach the latrine 100 mt away in the bush: I only waited 15 minutes to have the first strong culmination subsided - so it is possible to mantain a bit of body control if really needed.

I did not know there was a link between yopo and the third eye, but i experimented a very overwelming flow of visions just there, in the centre of my skull. The more remarkable fact was not this explosion of colors and morphing but the realization that my inner centre of consciousness, the source and foundation of my identity, was untouched and unaffected, rather EXPOSED, by that chaotic neurological hyper-activity; like the still hub of a rotating wheel.

Did you snort it? I can imagine snorting it is quite painfull. I've noticed that taking it sublingually causes a little bleeding in the mouth sometimes.

gazal
#9 Posted : 6/17/2019 9:45:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes, snorted.

Absolutely no pain, it is a very smooth e fragrant powder:
those indios are very good to
make this stuff.

Brennendes Wasser
#10 Posted : 7/11/2019 9:10:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

If you were wondering about the throughout mentioning of the body load from Yopo Seeds then this may be due to the incapability of completely remove all the plant toxins when doing Yopo Snuff or even extractions.

It was reported that PURE bufotenine (main compound of active Yopo alkaloids) does not really produce a body load - the "toxins" do on the other hand and by incorporating a large amount of those other alkaloids it gets really unpleasant.

Therefore actually I would say there is no direct neccessity to couple the Yopo experience to the body load, its more like the other stuff inside of the seeds to prevent you from eating the plants babies. Sadly there is no 100 % reproducable way so far to isolate Bufotenine completely with only kitchen chemistry it seems :C :C

Zaka
#11 Posted : 3/8/2020 5:53:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Irie
So question about yopo !
I have a lot of A.pereiagina trees
Lots of seeds
Can get great big oozing lumps of resin coming out the trees naturally
Leaf, branch and bark material
And a little time to play!
Had the opportunity to experience the snuff earlier this year that was prepared in Peru
Interesting!
Anyway what to do?
Thoughts Rolling eyes

ijahdan
#12 Posted : 3/8/2020 11:56:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Smoking has always worked better for me, but not the whole seed powder, too harsh. I make up some snuff with toasted seeds, based with sodium carbonate, then pull with alcohol and use this to enhance some leaf material.

The body load is basically heavy vasoconstriction, which can be reduced using harmalas, cacao, even a small amount of alcoholic beverage. Very immersive visuals with few mental effects, almost like watching a film. There is a strobe like effect, which can cause a sort of motion sickness. Lying down in silent darkness works best for me, and the effects come on much slower than dmt, allowing one plenty of time to smoke enough and then put down the pipe, get comfortable and let the experience unfold.

Zaka
#13 Posted : 3/9/2020 2:55:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Irie Ijah
Thanks, I think this is going to be one of the first experiment
Any thoughts on which leaf material to use? The same tree or something more palatable?
I have a huge choice of dried plant matter from leonotis flowers to ganj flower to Aya and chacurna
I read long a go about the indigenous peoples method of roasting the seeds like popcorn
Grind and shift
Respect

ijahdan
#14 Posted : 3/9/2020 9:43:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Zaka, just use any herb you enjoy smoking. Something light and fluffy to absorb lots of the extract. I use mullein and mint. Same as for changa. As you say, just toast the seeds till they pop, then peel off shells, grind to powder, mix with a base, ie sodium carbonate, with enough water to make a paste. Then dry thoroughly, powder again and pull with alcohol or acetone. Soak your herbs in this and dry it fully. It will be quite sticky and harsher to smoke than changa. Smoke till you feel heavy pressure in your head and stomach. This feeling will subside by the time the visual effects start. Might take a bit of experimenting to find the right dose. Smoking harmalas before makes the whole experience smoother and longer lasting.

LeftEyeOfHorus
#15 Posted : 12/22/2022 12:40:19 AM

Hello

personally love yopo. although i enjoy snorting the prepared seeds and salivating profusely whilst dancing like some perpetual machine rainbowcloud on the cusp of spewing.

the most poignant experience iswith the smoking of the prepared seed i.e toasted de husked and sodium carbonate paste then dried and crushed to fine{[ish) powder.
if i recall correctly 3-4 grams of rue tea was consumed orally, silently satin meditation on mat... as the rue began to take effect i loaded a bong with a fat bowl of snuff powder. ripped big hit held tightlyfor as long as one could.

immense body sensation , immediately felt as though in the prescence of something incredibly sacred. i just lay down and shut up the fuck. belly gut nausea was prominent but not (unpleasant) sacred sickness.

felt clearer and most definitely more clarity in my ability to percieve the view of visualin comparison to nn dmt. so , here iswhat i recall from the experience, still partially aware of my body and being and the nausea somehow a balancing aspect to the vision.

so we are heading through /down a tunneling tube the walls hexagonal peices breathing and golden sandy yellow, like veil intricate woven pattern, could see through the tube and actually remember looking to the left and down, beyong the tubed walls, rich thick BLACK darkness.... with rainbows dancing dawn there ..... onwards down through the tunnel we reach a heaxagonal stone blocking the path ... fixed upon this "tablet stone" a figure fixed within the wall resonated a tone and essentially spoke silently of " HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET HERE" !! sent me back up and into my body . HE seemed angry yet somehow impressed Smile

a while later a bowl of good bud was smoked with sent me off on another but beautifully coloured visionary experience stunning and revelatory and nothing reminiscent of bufotenine salvia or dmt it was lovely. in fact its been 10 years plus since the trip and it is still vivid .