We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Rue tea observations Options

maximumexp384
#1 Posted : 12/16/2022 4:45:55 PM

the truth presents itself in solitude

I've been experimenting with rue tea in the 3.5-4.5 gram range, about 10 times now (always in the evening), always prepared the same by lightly roasting and then squeezing half a lemon with 800ish mL water and cooking down to shotglass worth, strain and then mix in a short glass with juice that's basically pineapple/mango - bitterness is gone and actually tastes good.

The tea, taken with nothing else, brings light but noticeable body load and sometimes takes hours to build up peak effects - multiple times now I've taken it at 8pm and go to sleep around 11pm with some noticeable effects, but then wake up at 2am with body buzz and ringing in ears (very light), and lie in bed enjoying the altered state for an hour or two before falling asleep again.

The day after, I've noticed myself caring more about work or wherever I'm at. This is double edged sword, one edge being more-heart-in-it for heightened focus and desire to communicate, the other edge being that I'm getting amped up more than usual in certain scenarios and there are times this can be regrettable. I share this because it took me a minute to step back and make these observations, and maybe this can help others be aware of potential, unexpected, effects.

Last night I took 4 gram rue tea round 8:15 and at 9:00 took capsule with 400mg mushroom powder. This is very light dose of mushroom and I didn't know what to expect, and an hour into it I thought man this is barely doing anything, but then it sloooowly kicked in and kept me up til 5am, with body buzz, couple hours of light trip with CEV, (definitely funny how ever since first DMT trip, mushrooms effects have altered to be more like DMT) and then a bunch of mini revelations while reflecting back at things. Needs further testing with higher mushroom dose and/or spice vaped. Twisted Evil
I am Artificer

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 12/16/2022 5:29:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Very interesting and thank you for sharing.

I had wondered several months back if rue was a culprit in my waking up in the middle of the night, even after having taken sleep aids and supplements.

You're not alone in experiencing said double-edge. I'm already hypersensitive, which extends itself to heightened emotionality, so while I can be more aware, caring, empathetic, etc, I can also be a bit more reactive to stimuli. However, still, rue also seems to positively impact resilience to reactivity. It's a very interesting effect.

One thing you can do, which is very fun, even if a little jarring sometimes, is while on psilohuasca, vape an amount of DMT (YMMV, I tend to stay relatively low at the moment).

Let us know how it goes Smile

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

maximumexp384
#3 Posted : 12/17/2022 1:18:31 AM

Quote:
One thing you can do, which is very fun, even if a little jarring sometimes, is while on psilohuasca, vape an amount of DMT (YMMV, I tend to stay relatively low at the moment).

I have been wanting to do this for a long time.. the last time I vaped spice was almost a year ago and it was 27mg after dosing with harmine (breakthrough), and that was by far deepest I've gone so farShocked. Nothing bad happened, but, you know, it made me respect it. I've loaded the vape since then but can't get myself to do more than "safely" smoalk changa.

Sitting here writing about it, I feel mentally stable enough to do it again, and TBH I almost always feel like I've shorted myself when I just dabble with spice, but damn that feeling of terror with the vape in hand!

Anyway, it sounds like you have done the psilohuasca/vape combo multiple times; what is your go-to dosing and timing? Do you vape while coming up or down on mushrooms? Trying to vape at the height of mushroom trip would be nearly impossible for me - at that stage, controlling my body in this world isn't an easy task!

I've got rue, harmine fb, harmaline fb, THH fb to experiment with too.
I am Artificer

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 12/17/2022 1:56:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

You're not alone. The modded device I use has been loaded with <15mg for a couple months and I haven't touched it. It tends to be easier to use enhanced leaf or changa, though I still enjoy freebase from time to time.

And then speaking of "terror" Laughing I am not sure I am the one to ask about dosing. The past few years I've been hit with what appears to be a somewhat permanent reverse tolerance with both DMT and mushrooms (which makes me wonder if this effect is with all tryptamines, but haven't done LSD in a few years, so can't really say), on top of already being pretty sensitive and of smaller stature and low body fat and fast metabolism. Nowadays, I can get pretty far on 1-1.5g grams of mushrooms and <15mg DMT. That said, and to answer your question, I tend to always drink around 3.5-4g of rue if I'm going to add it to mushrooms, and tend to flirt around 10-12mg DMT if I'm going to use freebase while up. Often, I'll just take a small hit of changa. Note: You will likely need much less DMT while on the psilohuasca combination.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

dragonrider
#5 Posted : 12/17/2022 4:58:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've started experimenting with microdosing rue today. I choose to take it in the morning to prevent it from interfering with my sleep.

The dose i took was rather small, only half a gram, but i experienced a very strong stimulation for several hours. Very speedy and absolutely not subtle at all. And also a very noticable lightheadedness.

I think i'm going to take smaller doses for a few days now. Apparently i don't need that much of it.

maximumexp384
#6 Posted : 12/17/2022 7:14:19 PM

As in 500mg of the seed? In tea form? I need like 2.5 grams minimum to notice anything.
I am Artificer

dragonrider
#7 Posted : 12/17/2022 10:39:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, just the seeds. It surprised me too. I must say i took it on an empty stomach, right when i got out of bed though. But yeah, this came as a pleasant surprise.

RhythmSpring
#8 Posted : 12/18/2022 3:24:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
However, still, rue also seems to positively impact resilience to reactivity. It's a very interesting effect.

I experience this too. It's counter-intuitive. You'd think psychedelics would make one more emotional, but the effect with ayahuasca (especially vine-heavy) is that I feel like I have more time to absorb and observe something before I react / respond to it.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

universecannon
#9 Posted : 12/18/2022 10:39:03 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

2 grams of rue flattens me for many hours. There was a reverse tolerance I noticed from taking it daily for years (i suspect daily large melatonin amounts and my diet also played a role, so it is hard to tease their impacts apart to some degree) The heightened emotional aspects can take some getting used to.

They are interesting when taken daily and/or more frequently in larger amounts, and the do seem to slowly shift the architecture of thought/consciousness into the more visual spectrum at baseline. In larger amounts they really shine in silent darkness, laying down. It's been some time since I've done it that way but thats where the really weird hypnagogic style trance visions and OBEs happen with some practice. It combines very well with cannabis for me. It does something mindblowing where you suddenly realize you're seeing your thoughts visually in front of you. But once you over analyze or excite over this the trance is broken and it fades like an after image

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

maximumexp384
#10 Posted : 12/18/2022 4:25:06 PM

Quote:
You'd think psychedelics would make one more emotional, but the effect with ayahuasca (especially vine-heavy) is that I feel like I have more time to absorb and observe something before I react / respond to it.

While I can relate to mitigated emotional response in your context, I found myself getting more emotional out of frustration while being in the midst of others with more ignorance-is-bliss attitude about subjects I've developed a more cynical conclusion toward after extensive (over?)analyzing. I'd prefer to keep my cool and be more Zen, so I plan to learn/execute more frequent meditation and... I think the nicotine vape might not be helping here.

Quote:
It does something mindblowing where you suddenly realize you're seeing your thoughts visually in front of you. But once you over analyze or excite over this the trance is broken and it fades like an after image

This is interesting. I infrequently use cannabis (DMT has made me desire it less) but I may experiment with this. With higher harmine/harmaline dose (no cannabis), I've had experience of ego stepping back and observing my brain at work, but more via ego listening to thought processes at works, I don't think it was visual thing but it was wild. I'll have to explore this more!
I am Artificer

dragonrider
#11 Posted : 12/19/2022 7:37:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find that rue tea has a much more noticable effect than caapi has.
This is something that i did not expect. Caapi is much more subtle to me, even in relatively large quantities. I would also say that caapi is quite gentle, compared to rue.
The rue tea definately feels like a stimulant drug to me, at 0.5 grams.

Not in an unpleasant way though.