We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
Mescaline: Kash AB HCl and Cielo Extraction Attempts(update: Extractions Complete) +New extractions Options

shroombee
#61 Posted : 12/14/2022 7:41:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Shroombe, how about the pull and xtalization temperatures you were at? If the pulls are colder than the xtalization, that gives more room to not have water (and vice versa). Also, if using anhydrous citric acid that may give more room (food grade is usually monohydrate I believe?).

Pulls and xtalization temperatues were the same, as I would add the citric acid soon after completing all the pulls. Room temperature probably around 72 degrees F. Used Milliard anhydrous food grade citric acid.

Quote:
If I recall you preferred 15 mg/ml citric, that may have been absorbing more water.

The only difference I observed between 5 mg/ml and 15 mg/ml citric acid is the 5 mg/ml xtals were bigger and fluffier. 15 mg/ml resulted in denser powder. Using a mag stirrer, there was no difference in xtalization time or yield. 15 mg/ml was an easier overall process because there was less product stuck to the glass walls, so I didn't need to do the hot water plus evaporation step to recover stuck xtals.

One other difference is that I always used HPLC-UV grade EA which is probably dry out of the bottle - compared to technical grade EA out of a can which might have more water content. I also haven't done any runs with reused EA yet.

Quote:
I think those are good suggestions. Another possibility is to add citric acid saturated dry EA to both soak up water and salt. But I also think if the fridge + decant step is done properly there are no issues, and I want to keep the TEK focused on that.

Agreed. I do think topping off the EA before adding citric acid is just about the easiest step in the entire process though, and might be the final step to ensure successful results for everyone regardless of whether earlier steps were botched.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Loveall
#62 Posted : 12/14/2022 10:53:23 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Ok, I added the top off recommendation to the FAQ section of the TEK.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Madhattress
#63 Posted : 12/15/2022 9:53:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Soooo here is a little update guys. I just finished decanting my EA from my jar through 2 coffee filters and then washed the bottle again twice with a little more EA and back through the filters.

I have washed the inside if the jar with a little warm water and that is currently evaporating.

But so far can i say how impressed i am with what i have got so far! 3 grams as of now and then when the other batch evaporates ill do a total amount. But so far, the Ceilo tek has won hands downin terms of ease and when converted. It really looks so much nicer as well.

Here is a picture of what i have so far. (I didnt mix this with water for evaporation because i am going away on holiday tomorrow and it doesnt bother me as i think it is beautiful anyways😜Pleased

Will post an update once the other liquid is evaporated and i have a final weigh in.

Cheers 🤟
Madhattress attached the following image(s):
20221215_104121.jpg (4,564kb) downloaded 311 time(s).
20221215_104130.jpg (1,740kb) downloaded 310 time(s).
“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

Loveall
#64 Posted : 12/15/2022 11:37:02 AM

❤️‍🔥

Do you still have the alkaline water from the AB? Sounds like you may still have some mescaline there (~500mg) based on your CIELO yield. I have seen that xylene pulls from the basified water need to be done multiple times to really get it all.

Congrats on the result even though a tiny water layer got through at first. Glad to see the TEK being robust to that for a new person.

Madhattress
#65 Posted : 12/15/2022 11:44:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Do you still have the alkaline water from the AB? Sounds like you may still have some mescaline there (~500mg) based on your CIELO yield. I have seen that xylene pulls from the basified water need to be done multiple times to really get it all.

Congrats on the result even though a tiny water layer got through at first. Glad to see the TEK being robust to that for a new person.

I only have the Zylene left, not the orginal tea water unfortunatly. But its okay, i have so much cactus to play with and I am very happy with what i got for both these extractions. To be honest, i wasnt expecting much as it was my first try at these extractions and my expectations have been exceeded.

But as fun as the AB was the celio has won my heart. Its just so much easier to do than dealing with making the tea, all those other chemicals and the end result of cielo is so pretty as well. Really is such an amazing tek. Thanks for all the help. Amped to get everything perfect next time.

“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

Madhattress
#66 Posted : 12/15/2022 11:47:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:

I did about 5 pulls with the Xylene. Could of maybe gone for like 7 pulls.

But all is good, so i learn and will be even better the next time.

downwardsfromzero
#67 Posted : 12/15/2022 2:57:52 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Great to see those results - especially the nice sparkly pics 🤩

Madhattress wrote:
But so far can i say how impressed i am with what i have got so far! 3 grams as of now and then when the other batch evaporates ill do a total amount. But so far, the Ceilo tek has won hands downin terms of ease and when converted. It really looks so much nicer as well.

Now you know why so many of us were saying to just do the CIELO! Laughing

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

doubledog
#68 Posted : 12/15/2022 5:51:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Really great result Thumbs up

A/B xylene tek needs lot of pulls and lot of time between them, alkaline water holds mescaline quite well, especially when full of mucilage.
I do always 9 pulls, last pull at least 5 days after the first one. It's a lot of work and resulting product is not super pure, recrystalization is almost always needed.

Madhattress
#69 Posted : 12/15/2022 8:46:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Great to see those results - especially the nice sparkly pics 🤩

Madhattress wrote:

Now you know why so many of us were saying to just do the CIELO! Laughing

Thank you 😁 i am very happy. Camt wait to do another one.

And yes, i do see now what you guys meant😁 i am happy that i got to try both and learn both techniques. Ir was super fun but cielo definitely won my heart in the two approaches.

Madhattress
#70 Posted : 12/15/2022 8:49:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

doubledog wrote:
Really great result Thumbs up

A/B xylene tek needs lot of pulls and lot of time between them, alkaline water holds mescaline quite well, especially when full of mucilage.
I do always 9 pulls, last pull at least 5 days after the first one. It's a lot of work and resulting product is not super pure, recrystalization is almost always needed.

Thank you 🙂👍

And yes, ill remember that for next time. Not that i think ill be doing the AB tek anytime soon. Maybe when i dabble in making DMT sometime in the future.

downwardsfromzero
#71 Posted : 12/15/2022 9:19:04 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

PS - it's particularly great that you did the side-by side comparison. Thank you indeed for taking the trouble to do that.

As far as A/B extraction goes, mescaline and DMT are somewhat different beasts. As doubledog has pointed out, mescaline's propensity to dissolve slightly in alkaline water makes all the difference. The smaller volume of aqueous phase in lime drytek processes appears to be a significant part of the advantage too.

It should be worth a try pulling from lime paste with xylene just to see how it goes. It won't have the convenience of the citric acid salting that EA has but it seems likely you could substitute with benzoic acid instead. You know, if you happened to have some free time on your hands Laughing

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Madhattress
#72 Posted : 12/16/2022 9:54:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
PS - it's particularly great that you did the side-by side comparison. Thank you indeed for taking the trouble to do that.

As far as A/B extraction goes, mescaline and DMT are somewhat different beasts. As doubledog has pointed out, mescaline's propensity to dissolve slightly in alkaline water makes all the difference. The smaller volume of aqueous phase in lime drytek processes appears to be a significant part of the advantage too.

It should be worth a try pulling from lime paste with xylene just to see how it goes. It won't have the convenience of the citric acid salting that EA has but it seems likely you could substitute with benzoic acid instead. You know, if you happened to have some free time on your hands Laughing

Of course, i had such a fun time doing it. I am super thankful to this forum and the people who helped guide me and tonthe people who have created these recipes. I wouldnt have done so well my first time if it wasn't for this group. ❤️

And yes, i am keen to try my hand at those extractions when i can source some hard to get materials 😜

Madhattress
#73 Posted : 12/27/2022 10:19:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, so a little update.

I tried some of my extracts yesterday with 4 friends. It was just such an amazing day filled with lots of laughs and in a beautiful space. Was such a nice experience to be able to take it and not have to deal with drinking the tea. I am over the moon that my extract worked so well.

Anyways, at the end of our journey i went home to find that one of my cacti flowered 5 flowers. So i thought how perfect that it gave me 5 flowers for the 5 people that went through the journey together and what a nicce way to end things off. 🌵😄

Madhattress attached the following image(s):
20221227_000945.jpg (2,080kb) downloaded 200 time(s).

Loveall
#74 Posted : 12/27/2022 2:21:25 PM

❤️‍🔥

That's beautiful, thanks for sharing 🙏

downwardsfromzero
#75 Posted : 12/27/2022 6:23:48 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Lovely to hear - and it's also nice to see you're a fan of photographing your cacti with planets in the background. I have a good few of those myself, although yours is incomparably more magnificent since my cacti are ever yet to have flowered.

DetritusTheEgo
#76 Posted : 12/31/2022 2:22:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for doing the side by side comparison. Thumbs up

I have an interest in eventually doing some cacti extracts and to be honest the one that I have eyed for a long while is the Kash A/B HCL extract. I've read through CIELO but was kind of turned off by the potency conversion. In my brain I just kind thought "why would I want to willingly sacrifice 39% of my yield due to lower potency?"

It is immediately clear when doing research on CIELO that depending on what salt you produce it has a different potency by weight when compared to Mescaline HCl. The part that I'm kind of unclear on, do these two extractions produce the same overall yield, by weight, when both are done in an "ideal manner" from the same cactus?

I read through the thread a few times and you mention for the Kash A/B HCL extraction you put in 103g dry skins and received 1.3g or about 1.27% yield. I don't see where you list the same information for the CIELO of X g dry and received X g unless I missed it. You mentioned you got 3g and you were waiting for another batch / evaporation to finish. Even if we account for the estimated ~500mg left in the alkaline AB water the CIELO still produced more weight it seems.

If the resulting product from the CIELO happens to weigh about 30-40% more than the Mescaline HCl then my initial thought of it being an outright sacrifice is an invalid reason to not want to try it...

_Trip_
#77 Posted : 12/31/2022 2:56:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DetritusTheEgo wrote:

The part that I'm kind of unclear on, do these two extractions produce the same overall yield, by weight, when both are done in an "ideal manner" from the same cactus?

Theoretically if one was to preform the teks flawlessly you would get the same yield.

IE: If the teks were done perfectly and theoretically with the same cacti material from the same cacti harvested at the same time etc. Then yes you might get say 2% mescaline citrate from cielo tek and 1.22% mecaline HCL from kash's tek. The percentages might be different due to the salt forms but the freebase amount of mescaline attached to them is not. So it is the same amount of mescaline.

However, you will never preform the perfect extraction. Therefore, the cielo tek appears to be superior. Majority of people we have an easier time getting crystal white mescaline citrate with the cielo tek. It is easier, quicker, more 'food safe' and more efficient and therefore higher yielding overall. Solaris analytics has also confirmed cielo tek pulls relatively pure mescaline (through LC MS test). Kash's tek has not had a LC MS (as far as I am aware). In addtiion, Kash's tek usually results in a tan mescaline and there could be other alkaloids/ impurities present. And even if a clean up is done on Kash's tek for white mescaline (using MEK) some yield is often lost.

In my personal experience using both teks, cielo yields much more overall.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Loveall
#78 Posted : 12/31/2022 3:01:36 AM

❤️‍🔥

DetritusTheEgo wrote:
Thanks for doing the side by side comparison. Thumbs up

I have an interest in eventually doing some cacti extracts and to be honest the one that I have eyed for a long while is the Kash A/B HCL extract. I've read through CIELO but was kind of turned off by the potency conversion. In my brain I just kind thought "why would I want to willingly sacrifice 39% of my yield due to lower potency?"

It is immediately clear when doing research on CIELO that depending on what salt you produce it has a different potency by weight when compared to Mescaline HCl. The part that I'm kind of unclear on, do these two extractions produce the same overall yield, by weight, when both are done in an "ideal manner" from the same cactus?

I read through the thread a few times and you mention for the Kash A/B HCL extraction you put in 103g dry skins and received 1.3g or about 1.27% yield. I don't see where you list the same information for the CIELO of X g dry and received X g unless I missed it. You mentioned you got 3g and you were waiting for another batch / evaporation to finish. Even if we account for the estimated ~500mg left in the alkaline AB water the CIELO still produced more weight it seems.

If the resulting product from the CIELO happens to weigh about 30-40% more than the Mescaline HCl then my initial thought of it being an outright sacrifice is an invalid reason to not want to try it...

Under ideal conditions all proper TEKs converge to the same number of drug molecules.

Normalizing for mescaline molecule amount, 3g of mescaline monocitrate are about 1.8g of mescaline HCl. In this case, Kash A/B is short 500mg of mescaline HCl, but that is likely because ~9 xylene pulls or so are needed, but only 5 where done. This assumes that mescaline monocitrate is not hydrated, which may not be true.

DetritusTheEgo
#79 Posted : 1/1/2023 2:31:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
Then yes you might get say 2% mescaline citrate from cielo tek and 1.22% mecaline HCL from kash's tek. The percentages might be different due to the salt forms but the freebase amount of mescaline attached to them is not. So it is the same amount of mescaline.

Loveall wrote:
Under ideal conditions all proper TEKs converge to the same number of drug molecules.

Normalizing for mescaline molecule amount, 3g of mescaline monocitrate are about 1.8g of mescaline HCl.

Thank you for clarifying that for me. I assumed that the the yield would be consistent for a specific cultivar but did not consider that the by-products weight would not be consistent. That does make sense and has nullified my initial thought of not wanting to run CIELO. If I can locate ethyl acetate then it is now high up on my list.

merkin
#80 Posted : 1/1/2023 7:04:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DetritusTheEgo wrote:
That does make sense and has nullified my initial thought of not wanting to run CIELO. If I can locate ethyl acetate then it is now high up on my list.

Good decision Thumbs up

«PREV23456NEXT»