We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PH too low on Kash AB mescaline extraction Options

Madhattress
#1 Posted : 12/11/2022 1:48:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys,

So i did my first ever AB extraction with HCl. Everything went perfectly until i did the last step with HCl to lower PH. When i added my 1 ml (i did .5 increments) it made my water layer containing the alkaloids far too low. Ph 2.5.

Now i am unsure what to do to rectify this. Do i evaporate the crystals and then readd them to my zylene and redo the acid extraction/H20 with a far lower amount of HCl?

Any suggestions would be helpfull.
“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Loveall
#2 Posted : 12/11/2022 3:20:44 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I can suggest two options.

1) Continue with the TEK as is. Too low of a pH is not a big issue. You may have pulled extra stuff into the acidic water as more things become soluble in the lower pH. Slightly dirtier product, shouldn't be an issue.

2) Base the 2.5pH water, re-pull with xylene 5x times, and titrate again. This is a bunch more work. Personally I would not do all this extra stuff for the sake of less contaminants. They should be in trace amounts.

Quote:
Do i evaporate the crystals and then readd them to my zylene and redo the acid extraction/H20 with a far lower amount of HCl?

No, the xtals won't dissolve in xylene. You need to base the mescaline.

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

doubledog
#3 Posted : 12/11/2022 3:27:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would evaporate it, wash crystals with cold acetone or ipa and then try to recrystalize it from dual solvent system.

Loveall
#4 Posted : 12/11/2022 3:41:06 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

doubledog wrote:
I would evaporate it, wash crystals with cold acetone or ipa and then try to recrystalize it from dual solvent system.

I though mainly sulfate was good for dual solvent system (water + acetone). Is there a good system for HCl?
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

doubledog
#5 Posted : 12/11/2022 4:47:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not sure, someone here on the forum suggested ethanol/acetone iirc. Definitely some experiments should be done to found out which are the suitable solvents and ratios.

Madhattress
#6 Posted : 12/11/2022 5:30:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
I can suggest two options.

1) Continue with the TEK as is. Too low of a pH is not a big issue. You may have pulled extra stuff into the acidic water as more things become soluble in the lower pH. Slightly dirtier product, shouldn't be an issue.

2) Base the 2.5pH water, re-pull with xylene 5x times, and titrate again. This is a bunch more work. Personally I would not do all this extra stuff for the sake of less contaminants. They should be in trace amounts.

Quote:
Do i evaporate the crystals and then readd them to my zylene and redo the acid extraction/H20 with a far lower amount of HCl?

No, the xtals won't dissolve in xylene. You need to base the mescaline.

Thanks for the advise. I think ill just skip and do option 1. Is ot normal for the h20 pull to be clear?

Also going to start the cielo tek tomorrow and see how it goes. 🙂
“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna