We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Mescaline: Kash AB HCl and Cielo Extraction Attempts(update: Extractions Complete) +New extractions Options

Madhattress
#1 Posted : 12/5/2022 5:34:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone,Smile

So I want to attempt to do my first Mescaline extraction. I have ordered the chemical and equipment i need from a lab supply company. So lab grade chemicals CP.

I have been looking through a few extraction recipes but think I will attempt to do the following one i will reference and post below I found on Erowid.

Since it is my first time, i just want to ask the community of the safety of the end product crystals? Is there any chance of these chemicals to leave traces in the salts or is this not possible if the recipes are followed religiously?

I am very good at following instructions and will take the utmost care in the process where safety is concerned.

Any extra safety tips from you guys will be appreciated.

Here is the recipe i am thinking of following. Let me know what you think.

EDIT: I have decided to rather go with Kash's AB extraction Method-
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...A/B_Mescaline_Extraction

EDIT: I decided to do the kash's AB extraction as well as the Cielo Tek extraction. Both with 105grams of dried cactus.
“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

shroombee
#2 Posted : 12/5/2022 6:19:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Madhattress, welcome to the Nexus!

Check out the CIELO TEK. It is much easier and also a food grade TEK as long as you source food grade materials.

Madhattress
#3 Posted : 12/5/2022 6:24:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi there!

Thanks so much for the recipe. I will definitely give it a go the next time.

I already ordered all these lab grade ingredients so will use what i currently have on the way. 😄 but for the next time i will definitely look into this rather. 🤟

“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

Madhattress
#4 Posted : 12/5/2022 6:25:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Madhattress wrote:
Hi there!

I already ordered all these lab grade ingredients so will use what i currently have on the way. 😄 but for the next time i will definitely look into this rather. 🤟

Hi there!

doubledog
#5 Posted : 12/5/2022 6:37:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome Smile
You should follow some of the teks published here on wiki, some of them are using xylene.

That recipe you posted will not really work. It is not totally incorrect, but do not adress main dificulties in mescaline extraction and it also have some errors.

Loveall
#6 Posted : 12/5/2022 6:49:42 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Madhattress wrote:
Hi there!

If you are going to do this you should do more than 3 xylene pulls. I think 5 is minimum.

Also don't throw away the xylene like the process says, it can be reused.

If you salt with citric acid, you could remove excess citric in the final product (and maybe other impurities) with ethyl acetate. Citric acid dissolves slowly in dry ethyl acetate so give it time.

A better salting recommendation may be benzoic acid directly dissolved into xylene. Worth a test, if that makes sense to you.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Madhattress
#7 Posted : 12/5/2022 7:06:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Madhattress wrote:
Hi there!

If you are going to do this you should do more than 3 xylene pulls. I think 5 is minimum.

If you salt with citric acid, you could remove excess citric in the final product (and maybe other impurities) with ethyl acetate. Citric acid dissolves slowly in dry ethyl acetate so give it time.

A better salting recommendation may be benzoic acid directly dissolved into xylene. Worth a test, if that makes sense to you.

Okay, thanks for the advise regarding this recipe! 🌸 🙏🙂 Are there any recipes on here that you would recommend using these ingredients?

Madhattress
#8 Posted : 12/5/2022 7:10:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Madhattress wrote:
Hi there!

ah, okay. Smile Thanks for the advise about this specfic reccipe. I will go on a search here and see what i can find. Any you would reccommend?

Loveall
#9 Posted : 12/6/2022 12:20:29 AM

❤️‍🔥

I would return the xylene and do the CIELO TEK like shroombe suggested.

Loveall
#10 Posted : 12/6/2022 7:48:55 AM

❤️‍🔥

Loveall wrote:

Another option is Kash's A/B TEK if you are insistent on using xylene.

Madhattress
#11 Posted : 12/6/2022 10:02:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Loveall wrote:

Another option is Kash's A/B TEK if you are insistent on using xylene.

Thank you, yes that is the recipe i decided on last night when i did some more research on Wiki. As edited above on my original post. 🙂

Im gonna give it a shot and will post my results. If i fail at this attempt i will take your other method suggested in consideration for my next extraction. I luckily have lots of cactus to work/play with as i have grown quite a large collection over the last few years 🌸

_Trip_
#12 Posted : 12/6/2022 11:40:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've tried all 3 main teks, for time, convenience and purity/ yeild I would also suggest the cielo tek.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Madhattress
#13 Posted : 12/6/2022 12:04:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
I've tried all 3 main teks, for time, convenience and purity/ yeild I would also suggest the cielo tek.

Okay thanks, I will maybe do a side by side comparasion of the two. I see the materials for this tek isnt hard to source at all.

So in terms of saftey this would be considered the safest option for extraction?

Would you say there are major risks with the Kash AB extraction in the final product(crystals), or is it safe if directions are followed religiously? I have also bought all the safety gear, pippets, good grade chems ect.

downwardsfromzero
#14 Posted : 12/6/2022 12:07:36 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Another vote for CIELO.

Xylene stinks and limonene is a pain.

In my locality, it's easier to get otc butyl acetate [BA] than ethyl acetate. The BA (making it 'CIBLO') also works if you don't mind everything smelling of bananas Very happy

The ready availability and benign nature (OK, you still don't want to be rubbing it in your eyes...) of citric acid is a general advantage of these CISLO techniques.

Would love to see some pics of your cactus garden, Madhattress!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Madhattress
#15 Posted : 12/6/2022 12:45:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Another vote for CIELO.

Xylene stinks and limonene is a pain.

In my locality, it's easier to get otc butyl acetate [BA] than ethyl acetate. The BA (making it 'CIBLO') also works if you don't mind everything smelling of bananas Very happy

The ready availability and benign nature (OK, you still don't want to be rubbing it in your eyes...) of citric acid is a general advantage of these CISLO techniques.

Would love to see some pics of your cactus garden, Madhattress!

I actually managed to order the ethyl acetate along with the other lab grade ingrediens. Smile

Im very excited to start trying my hand at all these amazing extractions that this forum provides, they are so fasinating to me. As i get older the tea is just getting much harder to drink and I love to learn new techniques of doing things.

I'll try and attach some photos of a few of my cacti colletion. Smile
Madhattress attached the following image(s):
20221030_135051.jpg (4,618kb) downloaded 1,049 time(s).
20221206_142617.jpg (4,744kb) downloaded 1,054 time(s).
20221110_150923.jpg (5,752kb) downloaded 1,049 time(s).
20221206_142506.jpg (4,549kb) downloaded 1,040 time(s).
20221206_142427.jpg (4,175kb) downloaded 1,036 time(s).
20221206_142427.jpg (4,175kb) downloaded 1,033 time(s).
20221030_135214.jpg (4,635kb) downloaded 1,027 time(s).
20221030_135214.jpg (4,635kb) downloaded 1,012 time(s).
20221206_142529.jpg (4,631kb) downloaded 1,004 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#16 Posted : 12/6/2022 4:20:27 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Well, that's excellent - a direct comparison of CIELO and Kash on the same material would be a very valuable contribution to the body of knowledge. You can bet you'll have plenty of support from us during the process.

Thanks for sharing the pictures - your garden looks simply wonderful!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Loveall
#17 Posted : 12/6/2022 5:30:56 PM

❤️‍🔥

Here is the motivation for what I mentioned before, salt xylene with benzoic acid (CIXLO) instead of doing a general liquid-liquid acid salting step and evaporation. I think direct salting (when possible) is faster, easier, and cleaner. To reuse the salted xylene on a new extraction, an alkaline water wash would be needed to remove the excess benzoic acid.

Note that the example above uses toluene. I'm pretty sure it would work for xylene too, but you would need to test to be sure (on a small ammount of xylene first).

Madhattress
#18 Posted : 12/6/2022 7:03:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Here is the motivation for what I mentioned before, salt xylene with benzoic acid (CIXLO) instead of doing a general liquid-liquid acid salting step and evaporation. I think direct salting (when possible) is faster, easier, and cleaner. To reuse the salted xylene on a new extraction, an alkaline water wash would be needed to remove the excess benzoic acid.

Note that the example above uses toluene. I'm pretty sure it would work for xylene too, but you would need to test to be sure (on a small ammount of xylene first).

I cant seem to open the hyperlink you tried to reference to. But thanks for the insight, i would love to see the motivation you tried referencing.
I have been so informed from just this post i made. It is really so awesome to have such great information from people who can give it to me so readily from experience. I cant wait to get started and to learn and experiment what works best. Smile Thumbs up

Madhattress
#19 Posted : 12/6/2022 7:09:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Well, that's excellent - a direct comparison of CIELO and Kash on the same material would be a very valuable contribution to the body of knowledge. You can bet you'll have plenty of support from us during the process.

Thanks for sharing the pictures - your garden looks simply wonderful!

Thanks Smile Yeah i have aquired all different types of genetics over the last 7 years and have a little breeding patch I take cuttings from and replant into different areas of the garden. Been doing this since I was 20 when i started an obsession with themLaughing .

Thanks for the info, i think it would be so fun/insightfull to do the two teks with the same cactus (exact genetic) and wieght of cactus and see what results i get. I will post my results once i have completed both processes.

Loveall
#20 Posted : 12/6/2022 8:19:07 PM

❤️‍🔥

Madhattress wrote:
Loveall wrote:

I cant seem to open the hyperlink you tried to reference to. But thanks for the insight, i would love to see the motivation you tried referencing.
I have been so informed from just this post i made. It is really so awesome to have such great information from people who can give it to me so readily from experience. I cant wait to get started and to learn and experiment what works best. Smile Thumbs up

My bad. Link should work now.

123NEXT»