We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Nightshades Options

Soloist
#21 Posted : 12/5/2022 2:36:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
I chucked a fair few datura seeds around my property a while back and last year thought one had sprouted by a nearby lamppost.

Turns out it was a Physalis - still a nightshade but ever so slightly weird that it should choose to do that Laughing I didn't really fancy trying to use a plant that gets soaked in dog urine anyhow Razz

haha yeaaaahhh that's a pass for me too.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

dithyramb
#22 Posted : 12/10/2022 6:16:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing. Sounds classic.

I've been approaching datura medicinally. A few seeds - 2 and up to 5 6, a few times 8 (on the higher end it starts feeling like an experience, an "orgasmic" euphoria, and at 8 seeds I started feeling my stomach feeling subtly blocked, so it was the anticholinergic side effects threshold for me). Sounds like the opposite of what the tropanes classically do but they give me clarity, focus, pain killing, a sense of well being, and energy. Very good for a variety of neurological conditions. And I intuited combining it with mistletoe which has a similar type of supportive action. When I tried it this combo really felt like it could conquer any depression or mania or pain or sense of malaise in general. The flowers of datura feel much more deliriant, a feeling like you're losing it even with the smallest dose. I am sure seeds can also cause disorientation at higher doses but to me it seems its not just a matter of dose, that there is qualitative difference between the seeds and flowers of datura stramonium.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the ā€œrepresentativeā€ of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn whatā€™s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Soloist
#23 Posted : 12/10/2022 4:11:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:
Thanks for sharing. Sounds classic.

I've been approaching datura medicinally. A few seeds - 2 and up to 5 6, a few times 8 (on the higher end it starts feeling like an experience, an "orgasmic" euphoria, and at 8 seeds I started feeling my stomach feeling subtly blocked, so it was the anticholinergic side effects threshold for me). Sounds like the opposite of what the tropanes classically do but they give me clarity, focus, pain killing, a sense of well being, and energy. Very good for a variety of neurological conditions. And I intuited combining it with mistletoe which has a similar type of supportive action. When I tried it this combo really felt like it could conquer any depression or mania or pain or sense of malaise in general. The flowers of datura feel much more deliriant, a feeling like you're losing it even with the smallest dose. I am sure seeds can also cause disorientation at higher doses but to me it seems its not just a matter of dose, that there is qualitative difference between the seeds and flowers of datura stramonium.

What species have you been using the seeds of? Iā€™ve used up to three inoxia seeds a few times with no real noticeable effects. Perhaps some slight, fleeting flashes of back in my periphery and slight shift of consciousness. Canā€™t say for sure if it was placebo though.

dithyramb
#24 Posted : 12/10/2022 5:19:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Stramonium (Check the last words in your quote). I don't know how different innoxia is, but with stramonium, I can see how feeling 3 seeds could be difficult. I came across a source that wrote 20-30 seeds is one ceremonial dose for a certain native American tribe. I have no intention to go that high as of now. It is dangerous.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the ā€œrepresentativeā€ of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn whatā€™s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Soloist
#25 Posted : 12/11/2022 5:53:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did notice that, though Iā€™m not here here to make assumptions.

My main goal with such a small dosage was as an oneirogen.

The short in the difference is alkaloid profile. Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve done the research and I canā€™t seem to find the exact site to cite, but they have opposing profiles.
One is higher in scopolamine and the other higher in hyoscamine.
Whatever the ratios are, Iā€™ve read stramonium has more of a stimulant effect and inoxia more of an euphoric effect.
Seems to line up with the effects youā€™ve described.

Seems native vs. non native populations can vary greatly as well.

Iā€™ll leave these in case you would like to go down the rabbit hole:

https://mdpi-res.com/d_a...9.pdf?version=1619771521

https://onlinelibrary.wi...i/full/10.1002/ece3.5520

dithyramb
#26 Posted : 12/11/2022 7:05:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mandrake leaves for me is an oneirogen. It's very different from D. stramonium seeds which actually prevent sleep for me. Mandrake root is also stimulating for me btw. I am less experienced with it but hopefully that will change in the coming months.

~ Pablo Amaringo

donfoolio
#27 Posted : 12/11/2022 7:35:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mandrakes are such lovely plants but it is true that afar from their cultural background, they aren't quite well investigated.
Even in Rätschs enzyclopedia of psychoactive plants, there aren't real evidence based definitions of its effects.

I am actually trying to improve my gardening skills with this plant and sowed about 150ies autumnalis and officinarum. Germed really well but now the seedlings need to go through the rough winterseason with less daylight.

I hope to have a nice little collection by spring.
Arthur Dee was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, not likely to his dad, I forgot his name, this small James Bond sorcerer working for the queen of a... Hail Arthur!

dithyramb
#28 Posted : 12/12/2022 10:49:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, there is currently so little research and information on the nightshades, and Mandrake is repeatedly said to be the most significant magical plant in European history, even considered the medicine for everything by some cultures. It's really ironic. Must have some reasons, a big distancing from these plants due to extreme demonization surely played a part. And now human culture has changed and most people open to trying psychoactive plants are only satisfied with "classical psychedelic" effects. My guess is that a lot of the profound healing effects attributed to classical psychedelics are there with the nightshades, perhaps very powerfully. Just need to be worked with safely.

~ Pablo Amaringo

GraemeCarl
#29 Posted : 12/22/2022 2:34:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

FYI: In case you haven't seen it, D. Stramonium has been in the news recently here in Australia with some accidental poisonings.

One of our local Spinach growers has been harvesting young jimsonweed leaves with their baby spinach crop and it has made its way into supermarkets with hundreds of people reporting symptoms.

I've been watching the reports for a week or so now, and just today they have admitted that the contaminating weed was in fact 'thornapple'

GC.

TheAwakening
#30 Posted : 6/28/2023 12:02:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like that there is a level headed topic about these plants.

I have grown Brugmansias for 8 years and last summer grew Datura wrightii. The Brugmansia I grew was one I found growing next to a creek that produced quite a reaction from just taking a big sniff of her wonderful flowers. Datura and Brugmansia different plants and energies. I have had ayahuasca with toé (brugmansia) in it before and sleeping with a flower above my head was definitely a few nights of potent dreams.

I am curious if anyone has made an oil infusion. I'm not really interested in waking delirium but am called to work with either through dreaming. Anyone want to comment on usage with regard to dreams? I have not been able to replicate the effect that flower had over multiple nights sleep again but oh my was it powerful. It felt deeply touching and to look up at the stars in a toé dream was a sight to behold.

dithyramb
#31 Posted : 9/8/2023 9:10:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Queens here are in bloom...
dithyramb attached the following image(s):
20230907_174641.jpg (2,948kb) downloaded 55 time(s).
20230907_174900.jpg (5,317kb) downloaded 55 time(s).

~ Pablo Amaringo

OneIsEros
#32 Posted : 9/18/2023 2:29:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Never tried the plants, but diphenhydramine is in that general category, the same way LSD is in the general category of psilocybin, mescaline, and DMT.

Diphenhydramine was a very ā€œwitchcraft/spookyā€ space to be in, very deliriousā€¦. Very bad for the brain. But also some of the most powerful psychic/telepathic abilities Iā€™ve ever encountered from drug useā€¦.. LSD telepathy is better, but not as readily availableā€¦. But youā€™re also much more deliriousā€¦.. I didnā€™t see much value in it, just because it was so out of control. Fading in and out of blackouts, seemed to almost parallel the ā€œsink/ascend/sink/ā€¦.ā€ cycle we have in sleep cyclesā€¦..

Never again, but very powerful experiences. For very advanced practicioners, I can see why datura is sometimes added to ayahuasca brewsā€¦. Lots of psychic potential gets unleashed. But Iā€™ve heard thatā€™s only for the most advanced shamansā€¦. So difficult to be in control at the full dose level of these thingsā€¦.. literally talking to people who werenā€™t there, thinking they were real, and then they just vanishā€¦.. But telepathy. Lots.

I was a self-destructive teenager who was interested in psychic stuff instead of recreational stuff, so, I risked my life taking that stuff a fair few times, at really high doses. Agreed with previous sentiments in this thread: this stuff is probably best left at taboo ā€œall use is unsafeā€ kinda descriptions. Sooo dangerous, in so many ways. Psychologically, physically, dangers through delirious misadventureā€¦.

Mostly just avoided because it very much felt like it was horrible in terms of potential brain damage. Like, the whole egg frying in a pan being your brain, obviously a general load of shit. But that stuff just felt like it could genuinely do real damage.

PREV12