We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Help me indentify this Ipomoea species Options

Infamousgodcraft
#1 Posted : 12/3/2022 4:01:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Nexians !

I'm trying to indetify this species since this one has small flowers unlike what i've seen around the net.

I've eaten 5 seeds of this plant and surely i felt the bodyload and nausea.

Thanks in advance

Infamousgodcraft attached the following image(s):
1670082809607.jpg (4,300kb) downloaded 52 time(s).
SOON WE SHALL SEND DOWN TO THEE A WEIGHTY MESSAGE

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 12/3/2022 8:32:08 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It would be wise to hold off tasting any part of a plant until you've positively identified it. "Body load and nausea" sounds to me rather similar to mild poisoning so please be more careful!

The buds and flowers look like some member of the pea and bean family [Papillonaceae] - what do the seed pods look like? (And don't be fooled by the leaves looking 'about right' - that is of minimal identification value here!)

You should be aware that quite a number of beans are poisonous when raw. Your experiment should not be repeated with this species. Never ingest an unidentified plant.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Infamousgodcraft
#3 Posted : 12/4/2022 1:56:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello downwardsfromzero

downwardsfromzero wrote:
The buds and flowers look like some member of the pea and bean family [Papillonaceae]

You're absolutely right !

This plant is called Lablab purpureus, and it can grows everywhere around the globe.
It has no data of hallucinogenic effects as far as I've searched about it.

As you've stated that the leaves makes it look like a cousin to the Ipomoea genus.

I've seen its seeds and I was doubting them from the beginning, but I wanted to test them and see what could've happen.

downwardsfromzero wrote:

You should be aware that quite a number of beans are poisonous when raw. Your experiment should not be repeated with this species. Never ingest an unidentified plant.

I think this experience really showed me how unidentified plants can be really dangerous, I'm sure that I learned from you this lesson and to never approach and do similar things as I did

I guess this was the reason for me of joining this community To Learn And To Expand.

Thank you downwardsfromzero
Infamousgodcraft attached the following image(s):
IMG_20221128_182517.jpg (3,029kb) downloaded 24 time(s).
SOON WE SHALL SEND DOWN TO THEE A WEIGHTY MESSAGE

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 12/4/2022 6:31:37 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

In this case it was the effects of cyanogenic glycosides that you likely experienced:
https://www.missouribota...ils.aspx?kempercode=a114

"Young immature pods can be cooked and eaten. These plants are widely grown in northern Africa and parts of Asia as a vegetable crop for the flowers, leaves, immature seeds and edible pods. Mature, dried seeds are toxic due to high levels of cyanogenic glucosides and should be boiled in two changes of water before eating to remove the toxins. "

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli