We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Help with Chacruna Options

Soloist
#1 Posted : 11/29/2022 7:29:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Think my leaf cutting might be dying.
Been active over at the shroomery but I am hoping to get some better help over here.
Anyone with Psychotria Viridis experience?

For some reason I can’t upload a pic- it won’t accept .jpg or .tif, though it says it does.

The cutting was already rooted when I received it back on September 23rd, been planted and kept humid since then.
The cutting is starting to develop brown spots.
Some suggested to snip them off but, I’m concerned I won’t have much leaf left.

Edit: I was able to convert a file to pdf and upload it, not sure if pdf is the way, not feeling how it’s not displayed in the post itself but I’ll work on that. At least it’s here.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Homo Trypens
#2 Posted : 11/29/2022 9:13:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Did you click the upload button after selecting the file? It's an extra required step that i forget sometimes. It should accept jpg, i believe.
Homo Trypens attached the following image(s):
upload_button.jpg (20kb) downloaded 113 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 11/29/2022 11:25:23 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

You need to ensure the file extension is definitely .jpg because .jpeg will not get accepted. I've raised this (admittedly relatively minor) issue a few times over the years. Editing the file extension can only be done on the desktop and not on a mobile device, from what I gather. (Unless there's some suitable app but tbh I rapidly got fed up with attempting to use smartphones for anything.)

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Soloist
#4 Posted : 11/30/2022 3:17:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Somehow I got my avatar up last year..haha, I’ll figure it out.
Now that I have some substance to my entheogen garden, I’d like to work on becoming a full member here so I can contribute as well as learn from the members here.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 11/30/2022 6:57:13 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It would be great to see pics of your entheogarden so I hope you solve the issue quickly too. People tend to respond well to nice garden pics in terms of upvoting Smile

Don't be afraid to contribute what you already have - and if there's a thread you can't post in yet, simply start your own thread in the Welcome Area with a "Re: [title of the thread you'd like to post in]" kind of title - minus the brackets, of course. This will also raise your promotion chances considerably, as will positive interactions in the Chat.

Other people appear to have successfully uploaded .jpg files today so it seems likely the technical issue lies in your direction.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Soloist
#6 Posted : 12/1/2022 3:34:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow.
I was just trying to get this picture thing down and noticed I had an message in my inbox…seems I got voted to full membership!
(Kinda feel like some of the shroomery crew helped me out Big grin )

Thank you so much for everyone who upvoted me.
Looking forward to contributing over in the ethnobotanical garden!

Still working on the pic situation..

Fridge
#7 Posted : 12/1/2022 11:32:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Soloist wrote:
Wow.
I was just trying to get this picture thing down and noticed I had an message in my inbox…seems I got voted to full membership!
(Kinda feel like some of the shroomery crew helped me out Big grin )

Thank you so much for everyone who upvoted me.
Looking forward to contributing over in the ethnobotanical garden!

Still working on the pic situation..

Hey Soloist, I think I remember you from back when I made my own changa. Congrats on the full membership Smile.

There's a little box "Attach files to this post?" that you can tick, just before you click on the "post" button. Once you ticked the box and then click on "post" another window will pop up that allows you to choose and upload one or several pics.
Fridge attached the following image(s):
Screenshot_20221201-132549.jpg (47kb) downloaded 76 time(s).
...no need to worry...

Soloist
#8 Posted : 12/1/2022 3:41:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fridge wrote:

Hey Soloist, I think I remember you from back when I made my own changa. Congrats on the full membership Smile.

There's a little box "Attach files to this post?" that you can tick, just before you click on the "post" button. Once you ticked the box and then click on "post" another window will pop up that allows you to choose and upload one or several pics.

Definitely, I remember you as well, haha, we joined on the same gate opening, I just wasn’t at a place where I could establish myself as a part of the community.

It seems the issue here is my smartphone. I’ve been trying to change the format but for some reason the file ends up back at .jpeg.
Gonna try a little bit more and then I’m abandoning the phone in lieu of the laptop.

Soloist
#9 Posted : 12/1/2022 11:30:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Success, I was able to attach a file to the OP.
Not happy with the file name but, we can work on that haha.

I’ll mosey on over to the garden soon.
Thank you for the help!

BundleflowerPower
#10 Posted : 12/2/2022 4:34:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So what happened with your cutting?

I would say, that if if it appears alive , then it’s alive, whether or not it’s got spots. In other words, I would at least give a chance to live.

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 12/2/2022 3:06:56 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Here is the pic, hopefully in a directly viewable form.

Looks alive to me too - keep it warm, moist and well-ventilated and it should pull through. IIRC it will sprout roots from the veins on the underside so it may be better to have it lying down on the moist compost, as though it had fallen off the bush. Best only to do that if you're certain it hasn't grown any roots yet, though.
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
reconvert.jpg (698kb) downloaded 46 time(s).

Soloist
#12 Posted : 12/2/2022 10:46:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Delete: double post

Soloist
#13 Posted : 12/2/2022 11:04:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I decided to repot the other day. It was only in the previous setup as a “make due with what you got” situation, which was working fine.
The cutting was already producing roots when it was gifted, so all good on that front.
A nice clump attached to the bottom when I pulled it out so that was a real good sign.
Soil was to dry.
Gave it a nice way moister and way thinner home (real good contact with the seedling heating pad.
As long as it’s green it’s alive so my hopes are high.

Edit: aaaannnnnd it seems I figured out the picture thing!
Soloist attached the following image(s):
1EE7204B-981B-4682-8DE5-8A26C78789C6.png (16,433kb) downloaded 39 time(s).

BundleflowerPower
#14 Posted : 12/8/2022 12:54:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Soloist wrote:
I decided to repot the other day. It was only in the previous setup as a “make due with what you got” situation, which was working fine.
The cutting was already producing roots when it was gifted, so all good on that front.
A nice clump attached to the bottom when I pulled it out so that was a real good sign.
Soil was to dry.
Gave it a nice way moister and way thinner home (real good contact with the seedling heating pad.
As long as it’s green it’s alive so my hopes are high.

Edit: aaaannnnnd it seems I figured out the picture thing!

In my experience, it can certainly do well. The spots shouldn’t matter once the roots send up new shoots.

Soloist
#15 Posted : 12/11/2022 9:52:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It looks to be doing real well in its new humid environment. I know they can take a long time to send up shoots but I’m cool with that. The “Takeaway tek” is definitely the move.