We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
IPA infused herb ratio influence Options

marcelsnot
#1 Posted : 12/1/2022 10:14:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

allright fellow travellers, i have a question, after reading many many ways to craft your personal changa, the most enriching post was of course 'the art of changa, a guide to making the perfect blends' by olympus, beautiful !

following the exact words of the man 'Feel free to become a mix-ologist' i decided to just make an IPA infused liquid from a whole bunch of aromatic and smokeable plants. separately.

This way i can just go and combine freely, as the average of 30 ml of IP is stated for 1 g of spice, i can choose a mix on the spot and experiment, do some mixology.

now, when making 10x enhanced caapi leaf, the 1 gram of caapi can go and result in 3,5 grams finished product.
so in that same logic, will the infused IPA influence the final ratio as well?

should i first enhance my herb mix with my IPA infusion to get the final herb / spice ratio right?

i like to trust the process, and i am willing to invest the right amount of time, but.... i was wondering.

i want to make 10 X caapi, but also do the infusion part, would i do the 10 x cap first ten add the caapi and other herbs in the herbalin-infusion? let it all cure/dry and then do another add of the spice/IPA to get the 1:1 right, or .......

anyway, you know what i am getting to, right? anyone has any experience with the combination of 10x 20X cap combined with the IPA infusion for flavour?

from all i read on the nexus i would go and say another one for the good old 1:1 ration discussion : )

anyway, i'm confused ...

thanks !

marcelsnot attached the following image(s):
IMG_4871.jpg (3,467kb) downloaded 36 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 12/2/2022 2:38:47 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Stuff dissolved in each of your various infusions will add a bit of weight to the final changa material. This will vary between the different infusions, adding a slight unknown dilution to each different batch of changa. If this was something that bothered you, you could make some calibration tools by evaporating a carefully measured amount of each separate infusion and weighing the residue from each one. It may be useful to use a slightly absorbent material for this (blotting paper?) so that volatile aroma compounds are kept from evaporating too quickly.

With this information and a little arithmetic you can get your dosing exactly right for any given blend, assuming you've measured the amount of each component that has gone into it.

Anyhow, that's a nice collection of flavoring extracts you have there and I hope you have fun with it! Thumbs up

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

marcelsnot
#3 Posted : 12/2/2022 3:31:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Stuff dissolved in each of your various infusions will add a bit of weight to the final changa material. This will vary between the different infusions, adding a slight unknown dilution to each different batch of changa. If this was something that bothered you, you could make some calibration tools by evaporating a carefully measured amount of each separate infusion and weighing the residue from each one. It may be useful to use a slightly absorbent material for this (blotting paper?) so that volatile aroma compounds are kept from evaporating too quickly.

With this information and a little arithmetic you can get your dosing exactly right for any given blend, assuming you've measured the amount of each component that has gone into it.

Anyhow, that's a nice collection of flavoring extracts you have there and I hope you have fun with it! Thumbs up

that's quite a nice idea, thanks !

I will leave them for a month for starters, then before doing the evaporation test make sure i remove the plant materials so i am sure the liquid stays same afterwards, i can then indicate the calibration on my bottles and have a good control over the final ratio.

and thanks for the little thumbs up, i added the picture hoping to inspire others to do same, i will share some changa with friends and i think intention is highly important, like cooking a good dish, for myself and my friends make a dish that is as tasty as it gets, packed with a maximum of love !

my next plan is to make some enhanced leaf with all the herbs i have at home, using spice from one same extraction, ten try them all to get a good gasp on how each and every one impacts the travel.

just not sure how i will organise, like try many on a sunday with a friend... need to do some more research on how many time to rest between the different tests to avoid tolerance during the testing session, but doing it on the same day seemed a good idea so i am in kind of the same mood and physical state and try to minimise all these factors to influence the effect test.

love. Thumbs up

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 12/2/2022 5:24:24 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I'd say trying to test them all on one day might prove somewhat ambitious, if not entirely confusing. You'd have to be completely sure you've cleared the effects of each preceding trial before embarking on the next one, which may be tricky. How will you know if some herb has longer-trailing effects below the threshold of 'normal' perception? The late Dale Pendell used the concept of 'Ground State Calibration' in this respect - you need to be sure where you're starting from.

Your commitment to exploration is admirable nonetheless!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli