We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Experience with Silene Capensis (and thoughts on saponins) Options

nitrogenaztec
#1 Posted : 11/30/2022 1:24:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So... Some time ago I wanted to help improved my dreams.

Well... it didn't work, but I bought some silene capensis. It is a root extracted from South Africa. Hard to source, quite expensive.

I didn't notice my dreams improving... HOWEVER... I did notice a large effect on my mood. Nothing psychedelic, but it really just "made me feel right".

Imagine like a bunch of kids toy blocks all jumbled up or maybe even beat out of shape and dirty and maybe some thorns sticking into them.

Then imagine taking those blocks... cleaning them, arranging them into a nice shape, removing the thorns... the whole thing looks gleaming.

Thats the difference in how I felt. I also became LESS GRUMPY and friendlier. A lot of "grumppyness" is due to low-level pain. Also... my body just "Seemed to work better". I noticed my skin looked years younger.

I was just happier, looked younger, was nicer to people, I could think more clearly, I wasn't so grumpy. I just felt "right". The effect is quite subtle though. Perhaps you can say "I felt MORE right", not perfectly right. But the effect on my skin was strong... one girl thought I was literally 20 years younger than my age, she was shocked to find out the real number, and said "you are immortal"..

Unfortunately the effect only lasts a day. My skin looked years younger but the next day back to normal.

That is it for my experience.

I was wondering if the effect was due to the saponins in the root. I tried using OTHER saponins that are easier to find (tribulus terrestris) but this did not help me. So I am not sure.

I wondering if there are other similar plants that can have such a "boosting effect" on the body and mind?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 11/30/2022 7:05:14 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Glad it did help, but that's not necessarily down to the saponins. Curious how the skin effect came and went so rapidly, too.

How did the herb affect your sleep patterns? Did you use the whole plant or an extract? If the latter, what kind of extract (extraction solvent, final form, etc.)? How long did you use the herb for?

Have you ever tried ashwaganda root? Or various other of the ginsengs?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

nitrogenaztec
#3 Posted : 12/1/2022 8:50:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Glad it did help, but that's not necessarily down to the saponins. Curious how the skin effect came and went so rapidly, too.

How did the herb affect your sleep patterns? Did you use the whole plant or an extract? If the latter, what kind of extract (extraction solvent, final form, etc.)? How long did you use the herb for?

Have you ever tried ashwaganda root? Or various other of the ginsengs?

Ashwanganda did nothing for me. Perhaps I didn't try enough. gingseng also did nothing that I noticed (or enjoyed.)

Siberian gingseng though... its quite good actually. its effect is SOOo subtle that I wouldn't notice it UNLESS i was doing something physically difficult or suffering some kind of highly stressful event. It just gives me extra strength then.

I was wondering... perhps i could combine silene capensis with some psychedelics.

I think it could be a good combo. reduce anxiety or fear, wthout numbing the system like alcohol will.

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 12/2/2022 1:00:50 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

All I can say is a teaspoonful of ashwaganda root powder is really noticeable (and pleasant!) for me. This is twice the suggested dose and, somewhat like chamomile maybe, it displays rather the opposite of it's purported relaxing properties - for me, at least.

It seems like a reasonable idea to see what Silene capensis has to offer in combination with a classical psychedelic. For those familiar with any particular kind of psychedelic mindstate it should be possible to observe what colour an admixture brings to the table. Have you searched for trip reports about combinations with Silene capensis? I'd suggest starting with a small amount first.

Still wondering what your replies might be to my first line of questions, btw.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli