We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Did I make an oopsie? Options

Parshvik Chintan
#1 Posted : 11/27/2022 10:52:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I apologize for spamming the board with threads but I have another question that doesn’t feel right to post in my previous thread.

Essentially I was reducing some dmt-acetate containing water on a pan over a stove. My goal was merely to reduce the volume of liquid, but life provided a distraction and I returned to my pan to discover nearly all of the liquid (which is to say, most of the pan was dry, save a couple drops of water) had been evaporated. I killed the heat and set it aside to cool down; upon cooking the liquid had fully evaporated and I was left with a residue in the pan that I scraped up with a razor blade.

Pictured is the resultant residue. My question is, did I make an oopsie-poopsie fudgy-wudgy? Is this degraded into oxide or similar? Or did I luck out completely and fortuitously fall headlong into making myself some perfectly fine freebase?

My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Loveall
#2 Posted : 11/27/2022 11:11:59 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Shouldn't it simply be DMT acetate. I thought DMT acetate was an oil, but maybe it is currently anhydrous if the pot was hot enough during final evap (?). It may absorb water over time and become an oil. I don't know but you can try to dissolve it in naptha and see if it behaves like free base or a salt.

I don't think anything oxidized.

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Parshvik Chintan
#3 Posted : 11/27/2022 11:50:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Shouldn't it simply be DMT acetate. I thought DMT acetate was an oil, but maybe it is currently anhydrous if the pot was hot enough during final evap (?). It may absorb water over time and become an oil. I don't know but you can try to dissolve it in naptha and see if it behaves like free base or a salt.

I don't think anything oxidized.

The pan was quite hot, so I assumed that was enough to sunder the acetate salt and leave it freebase, plus when I went to wash the pan, the residue wasn’t water soluble. I was worried the heat was too much and would cause some measure of degradation. Q21Q21 mentioned in his tek that the acetate wasn’t “stable” outside of solution and was sensitive to heat, so I had feared the worst

For now my fear is assuaged. Thanks for the reply
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!