We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV222324
The Quote Room Options

magic clown
#461 Posted : 11/26/2022 11:56:23 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

I don't want to get political or start a debate on the rights and wrongs of the present conflict in Ukraine but it has produced to note worthy quotes, that I imagine will live on for a long time after the war itself has been concluded.

Russian ship go fuck yourself.

and

I don't need a ride, I need ammunition.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

MAGMA17
#462 Posted : 11/27/2022 4:34:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

magic clown wrote:
I don't want to get political or start a debate on the rights and wrongs of the present conflict in Ukraine but it has produced to note worthy quotes, that I imagine will live on for a long time after the war itself has been concluded.

Russian ship go fuck yourself.

and

I don't need a ride, I need ammunition.

I don't see how that could be memorable.

psychonautt
#463 Posted : 1/12/2024 8:46:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"Ebenezer hesitated. ' ’Tis a great step.'

' 'Tis a great world and a short life!' replied Burlingame. 'A pox on all steps but great ones!'

'I fear me what Father would say, did he hear of't.'

'My dear fellow,' Burlingame said caustically, 'we sit here on a blind rock careening through space; we are all of us rushing headlong to the grave. Think you the worms will care, when anon they make a meal of you, whether you spent your moments sighing wigless in your chamber, or sacked the golden towns of Montezuma? Lookee, the day's nigh spent; 'tis gone careening into time forever. Not a tale's length past we lined our bowels with dinner and already they growl for more. We are dying men, Ebenezer: i'faith, there's time for naught but bold resolves!'"

“Joy at the smallest things comes to you only when you have accepted death. But if you look out greedily for all that you could still live, then nothing is great enough for your pleasure, and the smallest things that continue to surround you are no longer a joy” -C.G. Jung

"When in the body of a donkey, enjoy the taste of grass." -Tibetan Buddhist saying

RhythmSpring
#464 Posted : 1/14/2024 10:00:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"A lie can travel half way around the wold while the truth is putting on its shoes."

-Mark Twain
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

psychonautt
#465 Posted : 1/17/2024 8:36:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

“[L]et us remember that our knowledge of the world begins not with matter but with perceptions. I know for sure that my pain exists, my “green” exists, and my “sweet” exists. I do not need any proof of their existence, because these events are a part of me; everything else is a theory. Later we find out that our perceptions obey some laws, which can be most conveniently formulated if we assume that there is some underlying reality beyond our perceptions. This model of [a] material world obeying laws of physics is so successful that soon we forget about our starting point and say that matter is the only reality, and perceptions are only helpful for its description. … But in fact we are substituting [the] reality of our feelings by a successfully working theory of an independently existing material world. And the theory is so successful that we almost never think about its limitations…”

-Andrei Linde
“Joy at the smallest things comes to you only when you have accepted death. But if you look out greedily for all that you could still live, then nothing is great enough for your pleasure, and the smallest things that continue to surround you are no longer a joy” -C.G. Jung

"When in the body of a donkey, enjoy the taste of grass." -Tibetan Buddhist saying

The_Embalmer
#466 Posted : 1/17/2024 9:27:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own backyard; because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with."
-Dorothy The Wizard of Oz
“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

«PREV222324