We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
How many grams of passion flower? Options

69ron
#21 Posted : 1/13/2010 10:22:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dimitri-Trance wrote:
69ron wrote:
I totally disagree with acolon_5’s take on passionflower.

Passionflower makes a nice smoking base. A lot of people use it for that. Daminia is also good. I like peppermint and passionflower mixed together.

As a tea it tastes good with peppermint.

The MAOI effects of passionflower, when smoked, are much stronger than when taken orally. It will have noticeable effects when smoked as is.

Some people use passionflower as a smoking base for DMT. It’s quite nice and definitely extends and alters the smoked DMT experience. There’s no need to extract it.

That's awesome! So how many grams will be a good MAOI (smoked) dose to be accompanied by DMT?

1 bowl.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

69ron
#22 Posted : 1/13/2010 10:27:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:
The first batch of Changa that I made was with passionflower and one with a mix of mullein, paul'darco and peppermint.

Im not sure if it is the interaction with the DMT, but it most deffinately did extend the journey, not as much as caapi leaf, but there was a significant increase compared to the batch made with the mullein, paul'darco and peppermint.

The taste of the passionflower was horrid, tasted like burnt bush grass. This is the only reason I didnt make another batch using it. Im glad in a way that it turned out that way, else I would have never tried the caapi leaf.

More evidence that it works as is when smoked. Thanks for posting that.

No one agrees on taste. SWIM likes the taste of smoking it. Taste is a personal thing. SWIM hates the taste of marijuana, and others like it. SWIM likes the taste of coffee and others hate it.

SWIM’s favorite smoking mix is peppermint with passionflower, smoked in a water bong. He usually adds bufotenine to it these days.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

balaganist
#23 Posted : 1/13/2010 11:16:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been drinking passionflower tea before bed last few nights. The stuff I have, from Maya, is not bitter at all when made into a tea. A strong cup of it gives nice mild sedative, very slightly psychedelic effects. Nice for relaxing before sleep. And yes it goes really well with peppermint in a tea.

I have not experimented much with smoking it (am trying to give my lungs a break atm!)
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

State of the Mind
#24 Posted : 1/29/2010 6:23:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's interesting to see such negative thoughts towards this herb. I used to use the tea from passionflower very regularly for its sleep aid properties way before I found out about DMT. I think it is an interesting and complimenting partner to DMT for quite a few reasons.

Too name a few...
# Taste (not sure you will all agree with me)
# Extending/potentiating the trip.
# Also, I was a terrible sufferer of pre blastoff anxiety, however I found smoking a single bowl of passionflower on its own, to be relaxing and help me to relax before blasting off.
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

Espiridion
#25 Posted : 2/18/2010 4:26:38 AM

--who.??..ME??--

Passionflower!!!

Another vote for!!

The effects seem to be from something other than the rima components, but they are there.
Recently tried some PF tea with lotus stamens during a light M-acetate experience and it was VERY nice. Took away the overstimulation and made it MUCH more relaxing and dreamy and visionary. I sat with eyes closed for a LONG time. Very enjoyable.

There is some acetone and some PF and some spice working together so perhaps tomorrow or the next day I can report back!!!

It will be the first time with PF and spice. We will see!Cool

E

Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

mumbles
#26 Posted : 2/18/2010 5:13:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim uses passionflower:spice 1:1 and it works well, tastes fine, and lasts longer than other mixes would. swim would rather have another active in the mix than something for a vanilla/mint taste.

ms_manic_minxx
#27 Posted : 2/18/2010 5:47:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

GIY... grow it yourself!!

Lady Pash is a thirsty one. You can leave her outdoors for the summer, and bring her in for the winter, if it gets chilly where you live.

She likes full sun, and lots of plant snacks in early spring. If you feed her generously, she will reward you with the most glamorous blooms, like giant winking eyes, that stay open for a day or two.

Thank her. Stroke her. Trim her. Commune with her on the full moon.

She belongs to the Twisting Sisterhood of Beautiful Creatures Made of Love.

She is notorious for climbing to cuddle with other plants.

(Her blooms are a magnificent addition to Changa.)
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

camakazi
#28 Posted : 2/18/2010 6:02:47 AM

RUN DMT

Its also supposed to have a very good synergy with Damiana, something I very much look forward to trying before I go to sleep one night. I think a tea made from 15g PF and 5g Damiana would work well.

I ordered 100g of passon flower from a site called everyonedoesit.com at the start of the month along with some other things. I received an e mail saying that they didn't have the PF in stock (even though the site still says they do Sad) and would dispatch it one the 12th of feb when they got it back in... still nothing!

I hope they aint forgot, its something thats been on my list for ages now.
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

idtravlr
#29 Posted : 2/18/2010 8:44:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So... It sounds like the majority vote is that PF does offer a level of valuable rima effects on DMT, but that (the general consensus) is that smoking it tastes bad. So, what about PF tinctures, either taken orally, sublingual, or infused in changa? Has anyone tried a PF tincture in any of these ways? Any opinions on how effective an oral PF tincture might be about 20 to 40 minutes prior to vaporizing DMT?

Also - Why is St. John's Wort never discussed for use as an MAOI? Is it just too weak?

On another note, I have been using an herbal blend (botanical makeup listed below) as a vaporizing base lately, and have found it to be incredibly smooth and semi-citrus flavored when vaporized. I quite enjoy it. It's definitely the smoothest smoking blend I have found. I'm not sure how it might be affecting the spice experience however:

Blend ingredients:
Mullein (Verbascum thapsus), Elephants Head (Pedicularis groenlandica), Kinnikinnick (Arctostaphylos nevadensis), Yarrow (Achillea millefolium), Mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris)

Any opinions on the contents of these blends? Most of the ingredients are thought to be medicinally active for both respiratory and cardiovascular health (provided one doesn't have an allergy to any of these botanicals).

Sorry for the multi-faceted post, but this thread drummed up a lot of questions for me. Smile

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

camakazi
#30 Posted : 2/18/2010 11:10:22 AM

RUN DMT

I thought St Johns contained thujone, not MAOI's.

Anyone have more info on this one?
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

PREV12