We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Time to brew some Ayahuasca Options

camakazi
#1 Posted : 2/15/2010 5:54:09 AM

RUN DMT

How do you do?...

I now have enough of the sacred vine to make many brews Smile. My plan is to cook up 50g of shredded Caapi and see what it has in store before adding any P. Viridis or Chaliponga.

I've also decided to journey alone from now on, so would I be safer staying indoors for these experiences?

... also! Assuming my P. Viridis is up to scratch, what would be a good amount to brew for a single dose? and would 50g of B. Caapi be enough too?

Cheers!
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

azrael
#2 Posted : 2/15/2010 6:42:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Pretty good, thanks. Yourself?

50g caapi should be plenty to get acquainted.

I journey alone around midnight and indoors is great; to really get the most out of it you should lay down in a dark and quiet room for a few hours. Make sure you prepare: a bed with many blankets, a bucket or trash can for purging should the need arise, and a cup of water for sipping. Going outside in the back yard is fine, I really like having a bowl or two of pipe tobacco on the tail end of my brews.

Sorry, don't know about viridis... but 5g chaliponga would be a good start. "They" say 25-30g caapi is the minimum, so you might want to start there when you get to adding the Light.

Best of Luck Very happy

camakazi
#3 Posted : 2/15/2010 7:15:14 AM

RUN DMT

nice Smile ... I'm also doing pretty good just now, thanks azrael!

I'm slightly unsure about the chaliponga just now, mainly because of the 5meo content. I tried some virola extract the other night (a small amount was worked in and around the mouth with saliva) little or no effect. Later... another small amount was insufilated, no effect. Smoked some harmalas (rue extract) and still nothing. When I got home I realised a huge clump of the stuff was still sitting in my nasal passage... Things got wierd after that, I'm not sure if I liked it too much, but that also could have been the beer, weed, DMT or syrian rue or a combination of all 4.

I will take your advice on set and setting though, I do prefer total or near darkness for my journeys. Should I play some ambient music to guide me through it? Or is it better to tune into the rythme of the spirits?

Much obliged kind sir.
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

gammagore
#4 Posted : 2/15/2010 8:19:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey camakazi, deffinately try to get to know the spirit of the vine before you go adding the light, my first two times brewing I added light and didnt get very far, but the vine sure worked her magic.

Xt
#5 Posted : 2/15/2010 2:08:29 PM

Id just mention that when you reduce the brew, do it very slowly. Well you dont have to, but the faster you reduce the brew the thicker it gets. This is from caramelizing the sugars in the brew. Makes it taste awfully bad.

A good brew has the same viscosity as water.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

azrael
#6 Posted : 2/15/2010 7:20:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'd suggest no music the first time, it can be pretty distracting. Listen to the brew Smile

camakazi
#7 Posted : 2/17/2010 4:20:05 AM

RUN DMT

gammagore wrote:
hey camakazi, deffinately try to get to know the spirit of the vine before you go adding the light, my first two times brewing I added light and didnt get very far, but the vine sure worked her magic.

Today I brewed up 50g of the vine, just to see what it was like without the light. I must say I'm quite surprized by how nice it was. Eventually I drifted off into a nice slumber on the couch and had some strange dreams. I think I might wait till Saturday to try the full on brew.

camakazi
#8 Posted : 2/17/2010 4:30:53 AM

RUN DMT

xtechre wrote:
Id just mention that when you reduce the brew, do it very slowly. Well you dont have to, but the faster you reduce the brew the thicker it gets. This is from caramelizing the sugars in the brew. Makes it taste awfully bad.

A good brew has the same viscosity as water.

True... if you're not prepaired to put the time and effort in, then ayahuasca probably isn't for you. I stayed by the pot of Caapi for 9 hours when I was brewing it, slowly reducing it and cared for it all the way... all my good energy went into that pot and came back out when I drank it.
Slight wretching, but nothing bad about it at all Smile

cheers bud!

ms_manic_minxx
#9 Posted : 2/17/2010 4:57:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

xtechre, I was always trying to figure out why some brews were thicker than others and had no idea why!! Thank you!!

To OP, I have a very longwinded list of tips and tricks here based on several years of personal experience, brewing/drinking 4-8 times/month.
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

camakazi
#10 Posted : 2/17/2010 5:40:07 AM

RUN DMT

ms minxx.. Thats a fantastic read! You say 1:1 ratio for dosage? 50g Caapi 50g p. viridis... that sounds slighly excessive for me, assuming my leaf is of good quality. 100 plus sessions is a great deal of experience though, so I'll take your word for it Smile

May I ask what you think of freebased spice? I heard when the shaman tried it they believed the spirit was there, howerver it was too hard for even them to fully comprehend what happened. Does it compare in your opinion?

۩
#11 Posted : 2/17/2010 5:59:23 AM

camakazi wrote:
I heard when the shaman tried it they believed the spirit was there, howerver it was too hard for even them to fully comprehend what happened. Does it compare in your opinion?

That shaman's a pansy.Rolling eyes

jamie
#12 Posted : 2/17/2010 9:19:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

no it does not compare..because aya is not DMT..

I just came back from a deep ceremony with vine only..complete with visuals, deep dreams and emotional openings..ayahuasca for me is all about the vine..the DMT is secondary..it's not much like vaped DMT for me..the vine makes it something else.
Long live the unwoke.

Fable
#13 Posted : 2/17/2010 9:41:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have made some Aya a few times, this is what I have found.
If you are using whole vine soak it in a slow cooker on low overnight and turn off in the morning and go to work.
When you get home your vine will be ready to process, the bark comes straight off with a good twist and can be broken up easily. Similarly the core can be pulled apart and cut into smaller lengths. I then put everything through the blender with some of the juice from the slow cooker to really shred it down good for best extraction results. And to those that use prepackaged powdered caapi Rolling eyes
The shredded vine was extracted 3 or 4 times with a resulting total of about 16 liters which was always being brewed down. 20ml of vinegar was used in each new refill to keep the pH down. 500g of good vine will do anywhere from 5 to 10 people depending on how much light you add. I liked my Aya good and strong.
I can only comment on acumin-ata phyllodes as the source of light, 150g was too much for the brew, 100 would have been more manageable. 2 tablespoons of cats claw powder was added as well and some other secret processing methods.
When the brew was at about the 3 liter mark it was left to cool to room temperature. 2 egg yolks were added and mixed thoroughly and left for 20 minutes then the brew was brought to the boil, the yolks bind the bitter tannins and clarifies the brew, the resulting coagulated egg is filtered out with a stocking. The brew takes a lovely claret colour, a nice sweetness as well and can now be slowly reduced to 500ml. More filtration through a finer cloth may be necessary if you can still see stuff in the brew.
50 ml cup was too much at the 1.5 hour mark, at the 2 hour mark a second cup was 25 ml which extended the full intensity for another hour, nobody would take a third cup.
On a different occasion 35ml cup then at 1.5 hours 30ml this was too much and left me writhing on the floor 1.5 hours, really intense hard work but very worth while.
I reckon 50 to 100g of 12yr old vine is a reasonable dose of power, the light doesn't need to be added but usually is for obvious reasons.
By my calculations a strong dose (3 cups) will contain somewhere between 100mg and 300mg of tryptamines. If you are not familiar with Aya then half of that might be advisable, say 80g of vine and 50mg DMT (shared between 2 or 3 cups spaced over the night).
I don't believe that measuring crystal and adding that to vine brew is any good, use the plant material and not the freebase. You will need to guestimate your light bearing plant material on further research.

On each occasion it took 4 days to cook properly, and the results were worth the effort.

To ms maniac minxx, are you on the Aya forums by any chance as minxx?
I am a leaf on the the wind, watch how I soar!

camakazi
#14 Posted : 2/17/2010 5:37:28 PM

RUN DMT

cheers fable man...