We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV272829
The official "Is this chem ok to use? / Where can I find ...?" thread Options

downwardsfromzero
#561 Posted : 8/1/2022 8:50:05 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

remmer wrote:
Hi,

I found this solvent in a hardware store in Switzerland, I think it's equivalent to naphtha but I would appreciate if somebody could confirm Smile

Link to safety sheet

It's in French but the composition is:

Hydrocarbons, C6-C7 n-alkanes, isoalkanes, cycloalkanes, <5% n-hexane

It's basically the exact same composition as "medizinalbenzin" that I saw somebody else recommend.

I did an evaporation test and it left no residue.

Does it seem ok?

Very Swiss Laughing
Quote:
L'état physique: Flüssig
Couleur: Farblos
Odeur: Charakteristisch

It should be absolutely fine, even if evaporating rather quickly. Looking forward to hearing of your results.

And - welcome to the Nexus!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

remmer
#562 Posted : 8/1/2022 10:24:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much!

I'm still waiting on the MHRB and glassware but I will update for sure with my results!

Shroomieness
#563 Posted : 8/30/2022 6:55:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, I'm trying to do my first extraction and I’m using Noman's Tek, and it says to use this, so I'm wondering if it is the right solvent, and if there are any better ones to use. I would really appreciate any help.

downwardsfromzero
#564 Posted : 8/30/2022 6:45:47 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Shroomieness wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to do my first extraction and I’m using Noman's Tek, and it says to use this, so I'm wondering if it is the right solvent, and if there are any better ones to use. I would really appreciate any help.

That should be fine. Remember to do an evaporation test to see that whatever you end up getting evaporates cleanly without leaving a residue. And some tips?

Make sure you have a clear, clean workspace where you can work uninterrupted.
    Make sure you have all the equipment and materials prior to commencing. Make a checklist.
    Line up your equipment and materials in the correct order for their use.
    Run through the instructions multiple times, step-by-step in your mind before commencing.
    Perform a 'dry run' without using the materials.
    Make sure you are adequately rested and thoroughly stress free.
    Do not work while intoxicated.
    If you become tired, stop working as soon as practicable and leave your materials in a safe state.

There's a whole wealth of materials for your perusal here on the forum and in the wiki, plus the chat for (the hope of) a real-time interaction on these matters.

Welcome to the Nexus, please take the time to check our Attitude Page - and have a great day!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

murklan
#565 Posted : 8/30/2022 11:42:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What a great welcome downwardsfromzero! Feel good to part of such a nice forum Smile

And yes, welcome Shroomieness! Good luck with the extraction, it's a good way to get a deeper relationship with the molecule(s).

remmer
#566 Posted : 9/13/2022 2:01:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

remmer wrote:
Thank you very much!

I'm still waiting on the MHRB and glassware but I will update for sure with my results!

As promised, here is the update: it worked perfectly fine Smile I got around 1% yield on my very first extraction. I tested the final product a handful of times and it's amazing Very happy I also shared it with friends, they were all happy about the experience.

If you live in Switzerland, Suisse, Schweiz, Svizzera and you don't know where to find naphtha, you can use this!

You can buy it at Hornbach for only 9 francs: https://www.hornbach.ch/...1l/10219178/article.html

It is labelled as "Essence spéciale de nettoyage" in French and "NEUTRAL Spezial- Waschbenzin" in German.

Bssix
#567 Posted : 11/5/2022 9:03:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What solventeto use in Germany,and is there any cheap heptane source?

downwardsfromzero
#568 Posted : 11/7/2022 12:48:45 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Bssix wrote:

What solventeto use in Germany,and is there any cheap heptane source?

Waschbenzin from some Drogeriemarkt or Baumarkt should do. There are other possibilities but you would have to say what the exact plans are that you have for your extraction.

FaWiza
#569 Posted : 5/1/2023 11:43:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone, to double check, a P3 respirator should be sufficient, am I correct?

eliot
#570 Posted : 8/17/2023 9:57:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello, i'm in France, I want to use a solvant in q21q21's tek to replace Naphtha because it's not available here under that name.
I found 2 solvants, used to clean stuff and selled in hardware stores

"ESSENCE C"
This is what the security label says : HYDROCARBURES, C6-C7, N-ALCANES, ISOALCANES, CYCLIQUES, < 5% N-HEXANE
Boiling interval : 60-95°C

There is also
"ESSENCE F"
HYDROCARBURES, C7-C9, N-ALCANES, ISOALCANES, CYCLIQUES
Boiling interval : 103-157°C

downwardsfromzero
#571 Posted : 8/17/2023 5:15:41 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hi eliot, they would both be good as long as they evaporate without leaving a residue. "Essence" in this context is basically the same as naphtha. If I had to choose only one, it would be the "essence C".

The more complicated answer is that I'd pull with the "essence F", then recrystallise the product by using essence C. Warm pulls will have less evaporation with a heavier solvent (which you may or may not want) and the temperature/solubilty curve may be more favourable. [I got 2% from good bark using a heavier naphtha; subsequent comparisons with light naphtha were never as good.]

downwardsfromzero
#572 Posted : 8/17/2023 5:25:24 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

FaWiza wrote:
Hi everyone, to double check, a P3 respirator should be sufficient, am I correct?

It would likely do a good job, depending on the exact materials you intend(ed) to use. P3 respirators protect against airborne dusts and mists but solvent vapours would pass straight through.

someonesomehere
#573 Posted : 9/12/2023 1:31:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello!

I would really appreciate some insight into a new solvent I found. The last one I bought only had naptha in the SDS but sadly failed evap testing. This new one passed it, but is not pure naptha.

It contains:
<100% CAS: 64742-49-0 (Naptha I'm pretty sure)
2% CAS: 110-82-7 (Cyclohexane, I believe?)

Is this safe to use? Asked another professional and they said it was fine, but I would love some more input to ease my mind...

Your knowledge is greatly appreciated Big grin

Voidmatrix
#574 Posted : 9/12/2023 2:04:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

If I'm not mistaken, that solvent should be fine. Both chemicals are non-polar solvents.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

someonesomehere
#575 Posted : 9/12/2023 1:08:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Voidmatrix! Thumbs up

If anyone has other info, please share your input. But I'm going to go ahead and do some pulls with this now Very happy

CheeseCat
#576 Posted : 9/26/2023 11:05:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys, can someone advise if this Xylene would be useable?

Mitre 10 XL Xylene - SDS indicates that the composition is: Xylene (and isomers) 100% and may contain ethylbenzene (10-30%)).

Thanks heaps! Smile

«PREV272829