We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
passionflower and mescaline Options

fractal rider
#1 Posted : 2/13/2010 8:37:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

has anyone tried this combination wim is planning to do this combi... but want do know some information like is the visuals get stronger with it and whats is a good dose4 foe this combnation ????
om namah shivaya

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

69ron
#2 Posted : 2/13/2010 9:12:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1-2 tablespoons of passionflower leaf are a good dose. The effects are NICE. It adds sort of an ayahuasca-like feeling to the trip. It makes it very dreamy, more relaxed, nulls the speediness of the mescaline a little. It makes the visuals more "visionary". You tend to see more meaningful content in the visions.

SWIM says this is a 4 star combination for those times when you want something a little more relaxed.

There is no noticeable MAOI effect at that dose, just a very nice synergy.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Shadowman-x
#3 Posted : 2/13/2010 5:46:46 PM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

I wonder if this synergistic effect between non-inhibiting MaoI doses and the change in the feel of the trip lends some credibility towards homeopathy, considering "theoretically" without mao inhibition you shouldn't feel anything...as far as i can tell..? So interesting.
I love passionflower, such a great flower Smile
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

۩
#4 Posted : 2/13/2010 5:49:41 PM

Passiflora tea glows green under UV, it's very active, and a wonderful ally to have inside before the ingestion of any psychedelic. 69ron said it best.

Shadowman-x
#5 Posted : 2/13/2010 5:57:32 PM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

Well it's a mighty good thing my mum's got a big patch of passionflower right in her backyard now isn't it? Pleased <3
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

antichode
#6 Posted : 2/15/2010 4:41:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shadowman-x wrote:
I wonder if this synergistic effect between non-inhibiting MaoI doses and the change in the feel of the trip lends some credibility towards homeopathy, considering "theoretically" without mao inhibition you shouldn't feel anything...as far as i can tell..? So interesting.

Where's the comparison? Homeopathy is absolute quackery, plain and simple... Passion flower however is a very subtle but active plant.

Ginkgo
#7 Posted : 2/15/2010 4:56:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shadowman-x wrote:
Well it's a mighty good thing my mum's got a big patch of passionflower right in her backyard now isn't it? Pleased <3

Just make sure it is Passiflora incarnata, lots of the other varieties have cyanogenic glycosides that may be toxic. P. incarnata also has a lot more harmala alkaloids than the other ones.

Espiridion
#8 Posted : 2/16/2010 10:19:55 PM

--who.??..ME??--

Just tried this combo today. Just a tiny stimulant-only dose of M-acetate and a bit later drank a few tablespoons worth of Passiflora tea with a heavy pinch of Lotus stamens. It is very dreamy and VERY nice. I cannot believe how great it is. It cuts down on that overstimulated feel that M can sometimes give and increases the euphoria but in a very soft and daydreamy( its a word ) way. I sat eyes closed for a long while having soft visions and peacful feelings.
Next I will try adding the stramonium seeds first. Those are also good to take the edge off of M, as is a bit of sublingual Caapi.

E
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

69ron
#9 Posted : 2/16/2010 11:16:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know why but passionflower is so underrated, especially in the entheogen community. Few people try it, and opt instead for caapi or rue almost exclusively. But passionflower is a great admixture for nearly all psychedelics. Despite it's low MAOI activity, it adds a new dimension to the experience. Often making the trip more dreamy, relaxed, and euphoric, without dulling the experience.

The combination of passionflower and LSD is a 4 star experience as well. It makes LSD a true “entheogen”, allowing SWIM to actually have full blown visions from it.

When smoked, it works to potentiate smoked DMT, just like caapi leaves, so it can be used in changa. Make sure you get high quality passionflower, not the cheap crap with all the twigs in it that most vendors have if you plan to smoke it. Otherwise, for oral use, the cheap crap is good enough.

Passionflower is a great admixture, capable of altering the effects of a lot of other herbs. It’s a useful herb to have sitting around. When combined with Kava its great for relieving muscle tension and tension headaches. Used alone, it’s great for insomnia and anxiety.

The effect alone is mild, and it’s MAOI effects are so weak that it can be used with pretty much anything without ill effect, unlike rue or caapi.

I used it to help me quit smoking. It worked to relieve the nervousness of tobacco withdrawal and at the same time satisfied my urge to smoke something. Again, don’t use cheap passionflower with all the twigs if you plan to smoke it. Get the high quality stuff that’s mostly leaf, otherwise it will be hell on your lungs to smoke it.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Espiridion
#10 Posted : 2/17/2010 4:19:48 AM

--who.??..ME??--

Mine came from a place where visions flow and contains no twigs.

E
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung