We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Simple Acacia tek Options

KloudQ7
#21 Posted : 11/1/2022 7:20:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You should never add water to lye like that, always do it the other way around dissolve solids into water slowly.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

acacian
#22 Posted : 11/2/2022 1:58:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

KloudQ7 wrote:
You should never add water to lye like that, always do it the other way around dissolve solids into water slowly.

the tek says to add it slowly to spring water?

downwardsfromzero
#23 Posted : 11/2/2022 2:07:15 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

acacian wrote:
KloudQ7 wrote:

the tek says to add it slowly to spring water?

The wording is such that if you overlook the small word 'to', it could be misinterpreted in a dangerous way:-
The Invocacia Method wrote:
In a Pyrex cup take 35gm (about 4 teaspoons) of Caustic Soda (98 percent Sodium
Hydroxide) and slowly add to 100ml of spring water

Gotta be careful when phrasing methods like this!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

JefFlux
#24 Posted : 8/13/2023 4:30:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

KloudQ7 wrote:

Good point about making that step unambiguously clear since it’s designed for beginners

JefFlux
#25 Posted : 8/13/2023 4:35:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

acacian wrote:
Do you find that using shellite now that more often than not small droplets of a watery substance precipitate out and at the end they will sit there as water blobs in the final extract? Even using a clean tree like narrow phyllode acuminata has behaved this way.. makes me not want to use shellite anymore .. I wish I could pinpoint the problem!

Unfortunately around here there is no good toluene which is my preferred solvent. Back to xylene I guess

Great to see this being asked here as it had stumped me for a while too - I have come to the tentative conclusion that it is humidity from the environment precipitating our in the plate as it only seems to happen on warm days and more so when there is a fan involved. One solution for this is to scrape it all up anyway and use a tissue to dab up any watery blobs from the results - as the water content lessens the gooey results will start to harden.

Although Shellite has varied a lot over the years, I think a side by side with industrial grade Shellite will be worth it as they are not much different in price.

PREV12