We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
JackOutsideTheBox Introduction Options

JackOutsideTheBox
#1 Posted : 10/24/2022 3:01:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, I am JackOutsideTheBox!

I have just joined, but I have been obtaining extremely valuable information from the Nexus for a few years now. I didn't create an account before because I didn't think I could have a valuable contribution until this point, I still am here to learn before all, but I have experienced and learned many things the past few years, and I believe I could now maybe have new and interesting things to say on various topics.

A bit about me and what I do, my passion is learning about us humans, this life, this world, this universe, and I try to focus on that as much as possible, I would say that I am at the step where I know that I do not know. I read, do research online, experiment, travel, discuss, my ultimate goal would be to contribute integrating constructive use of consciousness alteration into our culture the same way many other cultures before ours did, and I think we could achieve that through understanding better how we work, how substances work, and how other cultures did it, I experiment on myself and test my thoughts and ideas by applying them to my own life. My interest is not limited to psychedelics, I also try to achieve that through other means such as exchanging, reading books, meditating, I am hoping to get started with lucid dreaming soon, and I am open to discovering other ways of expanding our consciousness and our understanding.

I would love to exchange experiences, book references, technical information, thoughts, ideas and anything else that can contribute positively to our collective and individual efforts at learning, sharing and expanding.

Thanks for taking the time to read my introduction essay, I am hoping I will be able to give back to this community that gave me so much!

JackOutsideTheBox

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ice House
#2 Posted : 10/24/2022 4:06:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Hello Jack. Thank you for the introduction. I would love to hear what it is about phychedelics that brought you here. What was or is your connection with psychedelics. Experience with DMT and other psychedelics isn't a prerequisite for being here, however psychedelics are the common thread that link most all of us that are here. What specifically are your intrests and experiences in this field?

Thanks again for the introduction.
Cheers!
IH
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 10/24/2022 6:32:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Greetings and warm welcome.

I too am curious about your psychedelic history. What entheogen is your favorite and why?

You seem fond of critical thinking and refining thought, so you may find thus enjoyable. Smile

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

JackOutsideTheBox
#4 Posted : 10/25/2022 7:37:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Ice House and Voidmatrix for taking an interest in my introduction,

Psychedelics hold a special place in my heart because they started my journey. In all fairness, I was rather young and did not have the clearest intention when I first approached them. I had heard accounts and just thought it was fascinating such things even could exist, I just wanted to experience them. I made plenty research, but for years couldn’t get my hands on anything substantial. I did experiment with other things as a young adult, and I guess it only helped me build foundations of constructive and safe use thanks to how methodical and research oriented I am. I did make some interesting experiences, but nothing worth reporting. The first true psychedelic that appeared into my life was acid, and I was blown away, I instantly knew that was what I had been seeking all along. I focused my efforts at altering my consciousness on psychedelics, and at first I was just being amazed and fascinated. Quite frankly it still is to this day every time unbelievable that such things are possible, regardless of the explanations given for them. Over time I noticed that reasoning can actually be much clearer and wiser under their influence, so I started learning how I could use them as tools to help my understanding of myself and the world. I oriented my research towards trying to improve that, and I accidentally broke out.

My favorite entheogen, and the one I am most familiar with is DMT, but I have experienced quite a few, yet I still have quite a few to experience. I like to experiment on synergies between different substances, nowadays only plant based and mostly homemade. I like DMT the most because it is the most direct in my opinion, and I am able to control most easily how intense the experience will be and how long it will last. I still try other things, but I don’t think I will ever find anything quite like it, I like to entertain the thought that it is the most advanced technology I will ever encounter in my lifetime.

My interest here is in psychedelics and how they can be safely and efficiently used in conjunction with other methods to improve our understanding and decision making. I try to use them at specific moments in my life to see as clearly as possible where I am and figure out where to go from there, then I take the time to integrate the experience and use what I learned by applying it to my life, every now and then I feel like it is a good moment to have another experience, so I do. Sometimes I use lighter doses as meditation aid, sometimes I macrodose and go to another dimension to obtain a whole new perspective, whichever is most appropriate at the given moment.

Thanks again for your interest!

JackOutsideTheBox

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 10/26/2022 6:48:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for sharing. I really appreciate such a mindful approach. My personal bias I suppose.

Have you tried DMT while on some amount of mushrooms? What about the same but with LSD?

My guidework practice also focuses on decision making and healing through mindful and intentional psychedelic use. If you have any ideas that you want to explore or have any interesting ideas, feel free to shoot me a PM.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

JackOutsideTheBox
#6 Posted : 10/26/2022 9:59:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did try DMT on mushrooms, the synergy was unbelievable, I honestly couldn't tell where one ended and the other started. DMT in an E-Cigarette is in my opinion a great way to throttle up and down the intensity of the experience at will almost like with a speedboat.

I haven't done DMT on acid, I haven't done much acid since that first batch, the quality was so good and the moment so perfect that I feel like everything I tried since then was 2cb, I probably never will find again some of a comparable quality to that first one.

Based on my following experiences, I find acid is much less self regulating than other psychedelics, it is much easier to get stuck in a loop or give in to amazement with it than say mushrooms or DMT, I think acid is a very powerful psychedelic that has potential to be very profound, but I still would regard it as bordering on recreative. I found that the 12 hours of the trip were long enough for bad habits to settle, and the last few times I did it, I took a week just to get back to my normal way of thinking, which isn't something I like much. I like to alter my consciousness to gain as many perspectives as possible, the sober state is just as important to me. Again maybe it was 2cb, the tabs did not have a taste to my recollection, the trips felt slightly different and I believe lasted less. I took the risk of testing them the old school way because my heart is in good condition, and I know I can handle what comes my way, but I wouldn't recommend it, it isn't safe practice even for someone in my situation. My last experience with it was fairly strong, the person who provided it told me it was 500ug, and couldn't provide me with more than one tab, so I again could not test it, it was a very pleasurable and profound experience, I was alone, but I got stuck in a loop of taking notes in a way I knew I wouldn't have under more traditional psychedelics, I saw I was giving as much importance to ironic thoughts as I was to profound ones, so I enjoyed the rest of the experience and haven't felt like doing it again since, simply because it no longer corresponds to what I seek in psychedelics.

I also am not fond of financing criminal organisations, I think if money wasn't such an important part of the debate, the situation would be quite different, so I try to apply this as much as possible, if only to my own consumption. Nowadays I try to grow and produce my own substances, and I try to source the little I have to responsibly. Being that I do not have the necessary knowledge and equipment to produce my own acid, I do not think I will be consuming it again at least until the situation drastically changes.

I would love to exchange with you on the matter Voidmatrix! I will have a look at your profile to better understand your perspective when I get the time, and I won't hesitate to PM you if I have thoughts I think could interest you.

JackOutsideTheBox

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 10/29/2022 10:16:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for sharing so much.

I have a weird relationship with LSD also, and I have enough to last me a lifetime because of it Laughing I too tend to be put off by the duration and feel that I don't enter into deep conceptual/philosophic/spiritual states as I do with say DMT or mushrooms. Depth of thought and clarity are strong factors that attract me to the psychedelic experience. I find LSD is best for communing with others (which probably lends itself to the sense that it can be more recreational that other classical psychedelics). LSD also makes me need at least a whole day to recover.

I appreciate your sense of autonomy and your mindfulness in this regard. Love

And please do. I am always looking for more ideas and information as my practice is constantly evolving and developing.

One love