We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
is there any hallucinogen safe for hppd? Options

goodone22
#1 Posted : 10/24/2022 6:39:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hi
i have hppd(hallucinogen persisting perceiving disorder) and i want to do mushrooms but that may worsen my permanent hppd.
there was a time when people thought mushrooms are safe for hppd but i have seen many people on the internet complaining mushroom induced hppd.
does anyone knows a safe hallucinogen that doesn't make any problems?
i doubt if this topic could be answered because defining a drug as safe needs scientific experiments and maybe i shouldn't trust peoples answers about this.
anyway if you know something about it feel free to tell me.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ShadedSelf
#2 Posted : 10/24/2022 7:59:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive had visual snow and tinnitus for as long a I can remember, researching this led me to the concept of HPPD, though I cant say for sure that that is what I have.

My experience with this:
It doesnt seem to have worsened or gotten any better with psychedelic use.
Its the kind of thing that is only there if you look for it, like I can hear a very loud ringing in my ears right now, but only because Im thinking about this subject.
It also seems to be somewhat "psychological" and tied to my mood, might also get worse the more dissociated I am, which thankfully its not much this days.

Seems like something thats not really worth worrying about to me, the paradox being that the more you worry about it, the more it manifests.

ShamensStamen
#3 Posted : 10/24/2022 9:27:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I can only speak from my own experience, but i've only had HPPD twice, and that was from LSD, i think i had taken like 1 tab, and had some mild HPPD for a few weeks, then i took 3 tabs and the HPPD was quite a bit more noticeable, again lasted for a few weeks or so and then faded, although i was also smoking Cannabis at the time and i'm pretty sure that made the HPPD more noticeable.

With that said, i took oral DMT and Harmalas daily/near daily for 4 years straight, and even had Changa a good bit during that time as well, and surprisingly, no HPPD, it was only the LSD that's caused the HPPD. And honestly i think LSD is the most likely Psychedelic to cause or amp up HPPD, idk why, but that's my impression.

I've also tried Psilohuasca, mushrooms, and 4-ACO-DMT, and they also haven't caused me HPPD although to me personally they seem like maybe they could, particularly the mushrooms, but the 4-ACO or Psilohuasca may actually be alright? I'm not sure, but there's definitely something to the Harmala's and the MAO-A inhibition and some of their other effects/properties, and the clearheadness it brings, so that may help out with mushrooms in the form of Psilohuasca.

However, i would maybe see how oral DMT treats ya, idk about smoked pure DMT, that "may" potentially amp it up some, but oral DMT i feel like could be the best bet, it's very sober-headed to me, i mean, aside from the effects and such, but DMT is a neurotransmitter, and oral DMT, to me personally, seems least likely to precipitate HPPD, that could just be me though, idk if anyone has had HPPD from oral DMT (without any other substance use like LSD especially, or Cannabis).

ShamensStamen
#4 Posted : 10/24/2022 9:30:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

As an aside, you can maybe try experimenting around with admixtures combined with mushrooms or what not. Just look into some good herbs or supplements, and take them with the mushrooms and see how they may synergize, doing so can maybe help reduce certain undesirable effects/side-effects, or add other benefits to the mix. So that may come in handy when it comes to reducing HPPD or the potential for HPPD, maybe, idk, but worth trying imo.

bismillah
#5 Posted : 10/28/2022 11:03:50 PM

My Personalized Tag

I think anything that makes you trip has the potential for creating lasting visual artefacts.

When I tripped on DMT often (for me often is like 2 or 3 times a month) I would notice subtle distortions (scenery slicing) when I stared at an object and had no idea if those distortions were always there or if they were new.
After having not used any substance for about half a year, said distortions are basically gone. Make of that what you will.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.