We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Depression is more than low mood – it’s a change of consciousness Options

Voidmatrix
#21 Posted : 10/26/2022 4:11:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

murklan wrote:
Interesting study Voidmatrix but a bit over my head also.

And I just saw this:
Yale University To Study DMT For Depression

If I understand correctly, the article is concerned with high levels of MAOA and how it breaks down neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine, limiting their prevalence in the overall biochemical system, which therein impacts depression.

However, for me, your article is a reminder: SMOALK MOAR Love

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#22 Posted : 3/14/2023 4:02:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another article.

Spring is hitting me so this is naturally on my mind more. Smoalk more? I think I will. Twisted Evil

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Voidmatrix
#23 Posted : 3/14/2023 8:09:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OrangeEnergy wrote:
This is interesting.
I've struggled with depression for a long time, and my Aya and mushroom experiences have been very helpful.
I've only recently got into extracting and making changa, and now have quite a lot sat in my cupboard. However, I am feeling no desire to smoke them at all, and my last experience (a toke of my latest 25%changa) left me feeling seriously down and unpleasant.
This has pretty much been my mindset of late, just soo depressed at the state of the world and the utter failure of Humans to do anything but destroy and be self-absorbed.
I've been smoking a lot of weed, to block things out, basically, and am finding a kind of repulsion to the realm.
I don't want my brain being shot out of a cannon into another dimension, even if there is wisdom there. Coming back just makes me even more depressed at the world when I return.

I feel for you and my heart goes out to you my friend. Awareness can be painful and augmenting our perspective can be difficult.

I understand wanting to block things out. I'm too bullheaded so have a hard time "escaping." However, low dose changa has it's place as a therapeutic tool. It may help give you the somatic experience and headspace needed to navigate your feelings and emotions, helping you find some homeostasis in balance and moving towards acceptance, for a lot of the things the perturb us are unfortunately also outside of our control.

Be well and keep your head up. I know it can be tough.

One love

Voidmatrix
#24 Posted : 3/15/2023 4:17:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OrangeEnergy wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

I feel for you and my heart goes out to you my friend. Awareness can be painful and augmenting our perspective can be difficult.

I understand wanting to block things out. I'm too bullheaded so have a hard time "escaping." However, low dose changa has it's place as a therapeutic tool. It may help give you the somatic experience and headspace needed to navigate your feelings and emotions, helping you find some homeostasis in balance and moving towards acceptance, for a lot of the things the perturb us are unfortunately also outside of our control.

Be well and keep your head up. I know it can be tough.

One love

Thanks for that mate.
Yes, I know you are right, and luckily I am not always as low as I've currently been, so I do know that things will improve.
I think part of my issue with DMT is I am not really using it as carefully as when I do mushrooms or Aya. I've not put the effort into intention and setting, a million miles away from the ceremonial way I have approached other psychedelics, so I guess it's no surprise I'm not receiving the benefits I'm looking for.
Not surprising that being lazy and looking to just be healed is not having the desired effect.
Anyway, I'm feeling better today.
Peace.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better today Love Puts a lil spark in my present dark mood.

And I think you're on to something. Our approach is half the equation to the results we desire. I think over time, once bonded to a certain extent with entheogens, one may be able to tune themselves more quickly and need a little less time in doing things like intention setting, but even that can come down to intention.

I do feel there's a difference between laziness and lacking motivation as a result of depression, and only mention such to say, don't be too hard on yourself (I know, I'm one to talk right? Laughing )

One love

Voidmatrix
#25 Posted : 8/1/2023 8:18:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thought this was appropriate to share.

One love

jungleheart
#26 Posted : 8/2/2023 2:11:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I read somewhere not to identify with low moods. Not think of them as yourself. You aren't yourself at those times.

I think it's true, because our true self is happy, healthy and thriving. When you are feeling negative emotions, your spiritual center and intuition take a back seat. You are clouded by emotions. It's tough to trust our gut instincts at those times. Better to wait until getting back to a better place before taking any significant actions.

Voidmatrix
#27 Posted : 8/2/2023 6:52:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jungleheart wrote:
I read somewhere not to identify with low moods. Not think of them as yourself. You aren't yourself at those times.

I think it's true, because our true self is happy, healthy and thriving. When you are feeling negative emotions, your spiritual center and intuition take a back seat. You are clouded by emotions. It's tough to trust our gut instincts at those times. Better to wait until getting back to a better place before taking any significant actions.

I tend to look at my depression as some sort of demon or another mind to help me not identify with it. A big factor in managing it imo.

And it's hard to wait when it's something that's constant, but if it weren't constant then I'd completely agree.

What prompted my posting of that article is that for a while now I've been experiencing significant cognitive issues for long periods of time. My memory and recall are a struggle. I'm listening or reading things more than once. It's been harder to focus and pay attention, it's hard to think often, even reading has become somewhat difficult. I have moments where I'm where I sort of expect to be, but the lulls in that have only gotten longer and more frequent.
Doing what I can to manage and remedy it, trying to handle it all with grace.

One love

jungleheart
#28 Posted : 8/2/2023 7:16:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing and providing details. I will think about this and get back to you tonight.

PREV12