We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT in rock form? Options

TheHermeticShaman
#1 Posted : 8/24/2022 5:44:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A close friend of mine, the one who taught me to extract many years ago, liked to harden his crystals into rocks by placing them inside of a ziplock bag, then holding a lighter several inches below the bag to gently melt the DMT, after which it would solidify and could be easily broken into fairly consistent, solid chunks for dosing. I’m sure that sounds utterly anathema, though I admit I enjoyed working with it in that form over my loose crystals. I never detected a difference in potency, either, and it made dosing incredibly easy, not to mention if you happen to drop some of it, you can pick it right back up with no loss.

My question is, and I can’t seem to find a clear answer anywhere online, is there a better method of accomplishing this than crudely heating it with a lighter inches beneath a plastic bag? Or are there better suggestions that would accomplish the same ease of use for me these little DMT rocks enabled?

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy travels
Prying open my third eye 👁

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jacubey
#2 Posted : 8/24/2022 8:57:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

You could try one of those heated pads that people use to melt scented wax, then put your DMT in some kind of vessel on top of that. This sounds like a great idea... I'm sure some DMT is oxidized in the process, but the rock form ought to reduce surface area and increase longevity, since there will be less overall oxygen exposure. I'll definitely try this after I do another extraction

TheHermeticShaman
#3 Posted : 8/24/2022 9:15:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll test that out on a small quantity and see.

As for your point about oxidation and surface area, that’s what I’ve always figured. For example, the exterior of these rocks were usually an off white, but you could crush them down easily into a somewhat waxy but not sticky, very white, fine powder. That indicated to me very clearly that only the surface layer had any oxidation, and like I said, the potency level was indistinguishable to me, even after years of storing them.

That being said, I suspect that not all the dmt melted in the process but that a seal would form on the exterior. Crude as it was, he did this very gently and carefully and worked like a charm.

Surprisingly it didn’t stick to the bag in the process of heating either, nor did the bag melt or even wilt in the slightest. If anything the spice ended up being easier to get everything back out of the bag with less residue left behind than if the crystals were still loose.

Jacubey
#4 Posted : 8/24/2022 10:27:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, after looking it up I learned that DMT melts at 40C (104F), so you really don't have to do much to get it warm enough... You could probably warm up a glass or something in the microwave and just drop the dmt in to it. A coffee warmer would be perfect. The wax melting things definitely get hotter than necessary.

TheHermeticShaman
#5 Posted : 8/25/2022 4:14:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I think you’re right. I just tested doing this on different surfaces as well and found that parchment paper was the best because it doesn’t stick or leave any residue, just pops right off perfectly.

RowRowRowYourBoat
#6 Posted : 8/25/2022 3:30:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tested it out of curiosity just to see for myself- with the parchment paper. I only used a few hundred milligrams and flattened it out so I wound up with a thin rectangular wafer once it recrystallized. There were thin leftover flakes around the outside left on the paper that didn't come with the rest but I imagine that was because I spread the spice out too much and was imagining something more in the shape of shatter than a rock, my technique and planning could definitely improve. I broke it up and re-melted it to try to get a thicker chunk and was successful. Mine seemed to pick up a little bit of color from the heating. The novelty of being able to pick up a piece of dmt with your bare hands is pretty cool. I'll have to do some actual experimentation as to how I like working with it for weighing/dosing but its interesting at least.
Things have turned a deeper shade of blue

Why you should NOT take DMT

TheHermeticShaman
#7 Posted : 8/25/2022 6:56:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing your experiment. When I did my run last night, I took a small square and folded it in such a way that there would be a kind of trench for the melted crystals to fill and harden in. It worked pretty well.

VegasNightStar
#8 Posted : 8/27/2022 10:50:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, same method you use to cut methamphetamine with msm.... Pyrex dish in the microwave on lowest power setting.

Place crushed crystals into pyrex and then melt in microwave, then allow to reset/form and cool - end result is a rock.

TheHermeticShaman
#9 Posted : 8/27/2022 3:35:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don’t know anything about making and working with meth crystals (nor have I ever used), but that’s interesting and makes sense. Thanks for the replies, folks

RowRowRowYourBoat
#10 Posted : 10/24/2022 12:51:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Now that it has been some time and I have gotten some experience with the dmt rock I just wanted to report back that I really like the method. It definitely seems very sketchy when you are doing it, and having a hunk of dmt is weird and takes some getting used to, but at least for my uses I have come to prefer it to faffing about with crystalline powder dmt most of the time. Especially if you are doing something like measuring a dose or loading an emesh while your hands aren't at their most dexterous, just being able to break off or pick up bits with your fingers and place them where you want them is really quite nice. And if you are a freak like me you can enjoy sniffing the dmt scent on your fingers later Drool Laughing
Things have turned a deeper shade of blue

Why you should NOT take DMT