We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Changa question Options

klaupacius
#1 Posted : 10/2/2022 3:30:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone, I've just gotten into this world a couple months ago and I'm starting to experiment with different administration methods--I started off with a CBD sandwich method but have been getting inconsistent and unpredictable results so I'm looking into other methods as well.

I have two questions about changa. All of the recipes I've seen online (for breakthrough level dosage) suggest 1g spice per 1g plant material + about .5g harmalas. My understanding is that one bowl is about .5g, so that would presumably make 5 bowls.

1. Isn't that way too intense? I use no more than 40mg normally for one dose and 250mg sounds like it would be crazy and would make it impossible to remember anything.

2. Doesn't that use up way too much spice? I get less than 1% yield from a Noman's Tek MHRB extraction (most recently, 2g from 250g regular bark which I ground up into powder; I use .4ml naphtha per 1g bark for each pull and do 7 pulls). If I use spice weekly that would imply an extraction every couple of weeks which seems unsustainable. I've heard of people getting up to 2% yield but I assume that has to do with the sourcing of the material rather than the tek itself, right, or am I doing something wrong?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Homo Trypens
#2 Posted : 10/2/2022 3:40:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hey klaupacius Smile

1.) Yes that's way too much. With the ratios you mentioned, i'd say 50-100mg of the changa is a dose when smoked efficiently, eg. in a bong.

2.) Sub 1% is a bit of a bummer. It might be relatively weak bark (eg. whole root bark vs. just inner bark), or there might be some step you could improve. 7 pulls sounds like enough though imo.

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 10/2/2022 3:45:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Hmmm a lot of good questions here.

This Wiki page should provide some insight.

Changa is a method in which one does not need to be quite so exact with their dosage. Simply pack a bowl, and smoalk it until you're where you want to be. The gentler onset makes controlling one's depth a great deal easier.

You may find that a batch of changa will last you longer than expected. The potentiation of the harmalas helps you need less DMT to get in deep in many instances.

Hope this helps.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

klaupacius
#4 Posted : 10/2/2022 3:52:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Hmmm a lot of good questions here.

This Wiki page should provide some insight.

Changa is a method in which one does not need to be quite so exact with their dosage. Simply pack a bowl, and smoalk it until you're where you want to be. The gentler onset makes controlling one's depth a great deal easier.

You may find that a batch of changa will last you longer than expected. The potentiation of the harmalas helps you need less DMT to get in deep in many instances.

Hope this helps.

One love

Thank you! I did check out the wiki but all it says about dosage is "one pipe," without mentioning weight or density of packing.

I'm glad I posted this thread--if I did actually end up smoking half a gram, it would probably have been a really bad experience.

fink
#5 Posted : 10/2/2022 9:52:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Make the changa weaker if you want to pack out the bowl for more of a smoke. Or you can add your 1:1 changa sandwiched between other smokable herbs that are not infused with DMT.

I enjoy the smoking so my preferred changa blends are more likely 1:2 or even 1:3 spice:herbs
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 10/2/2022 10:45:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:
Make the changa weaker if you want to pack out the bowl for more of a smoke. Or you can add your 1:1 changa sandwiched between other smokable herbs that are not infused with DMT.

I enjoy the smoking so my preferred changa blends are more likely 1:2 or even 1:3 spice:herbs

1:1 and nothing else! Twisted Evil I'm kidding of course.

I'm a 1:1 kinda person, however...

fink, you should link that thread where we had that discussion about ratio preferences relative to other factors such as bowl size. I can't remember what thread that was or where it is.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

fink
#7 Posted : 10/2/2022 11:05:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Heh me neither. I think we concluded much the same as just here. Personal preference is key (:
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 10/2/2022 11:27:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:
Heh me neither. I think we concluded much the same as just here. Personal preference is key (:

We definitely did! Smile I think one thing we observed was how absorbent the chosen admixture plants are, bowl depth, and a few other things. But that's all I'm mustering up from the dungeon that is my memory at the moment. Pretty stoked for a concert tonight. Love

One love

Homo Trypens
#9 Posted : 10/3/2022 8:14:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

CosmicRiver
#10 Posted : 10/3/2022 6:02:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, you shouldn't think in terms of bowls, as if you were smoking weed. Otherwise you'd smoke way too much. If you use the sandwich method you can use a small pipe. I used to make changa with 1.2 g of plant material, 1 g of DMT and 0.3 g of harmalas. Then I would smoke no more than 0.1 g of changa for each session. Even less than 0.1 g for a light experience.

Voidmatrix
#11 Posted : 10/3/2022 7:44:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Homo Trypens wrote:

HT for the win! Thank you.

With my blends that are 1:1, I tend to just pack a bowl, hit it to my pleasure, and save the rest for another time. Remnants of a bowl after a few sessions get saved to be rolled into joints with cannabis for a very nice effect. Smile

Play around with it, have fun, and see what tickles your fancy. There's a lot of freedom and wiggle room with changa.

One love