We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Colorado Fall Ballot 2022 Drug Decriminalization and Regulation Options

Voidmatrix
#1 Posted : 9/22/2022 12:09:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Hopefully big changes are on the horizon. I don't know about you, but I'd really love to have less concern over my personal exploration as well as my guidework practice.

See Here

Quote:
Colorado Proposition 122, the Decriminalization, Regulated Distribution, and Therapy Program for Certain Hallucinogenic Plants and Fungi Initiative, is on the ballot in Colorado as an initiated state statute on November 8, 2022.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

null24
#2 Posted : 9/22/2022 4:09:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like this one is a little more visionary and less elitist than the Oregon ballot measure, which did nothing for personal use, foragers or cultivators and only created a market for wealthy consumers to access psilocybin under strictly regulated markets. Basically the same direction everything is moving toward in my state, ugh.

So good job CO.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

ommani
#3 Posted : 9/23/2022 4:39:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The ballot measure looks good from what I’ve seen. The decriminalize Colorado (decriminalize nature) folks who’s measure didn’t make it to the ballot oppose this one, which strikes me as misguided.

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 9/25/2022 9:09:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Sounds like this one is a little more visionary and less elitist than the Oregon ballot measure, which did nothing for personal use, foragers or cultivators and only created a market for wealthy consumers to access psilocybin under strictly regulated markets. Basically the same direction everything is moving toward in my state, ugh.

So good job CO.

I like it as well. But we'll see. While there are some hubs of Co that are densely populated and I feel have the populations that will vote in favor, there are large portions of the state that are on the other side of the political fence of those previously mentioned that I feel might tank the attempt. We'll see.

ommani wrote:
The ballot measure looks good from what I’ve seen. The decriminalize Colorado (decriminalize nature) folks who’s measure didn’t make it to the ballot oppose this one, which strikes me as misguided.

Did they stipulate as to why they opposed this one?

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ommani
#5 Posted : 9/27/2022 5:59:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Did they stipulate as to why they opposed this one?

One love

Yeah, it has to do with who funded the measure and concerns regarding a top-down medicalization model. The measure that made it to the ballot includes decriminalization though, so with that being the case it seems alright to me.

There's posts about their stance on the decriminalize Colorado IG page. There's also a four part series on the City Cast Denver podcast called Ballot Trip that covers the topic, which can be found by scrolling through their recent podcasts...

https://denver.citycast.fm/the-podcast/

braindrops
#6 Posted : 9/27/2022 4:09:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice to see this, but polling is not looking great so far.

"Among all voters, 41% said they would oppose the ballot measure if they could vote on it right now. A narrowly smaller portion of 36% of all voters said they would support it. About 23% of voters said they are unsure." - Fox31 (FOX31/Channel 2/Emerson College/The Hill poll)

Seems like it is just a matter of time before it happens though.

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 11/10/2022 9:09:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It passed Love

One love

ommani
#8 Posted : 11/10/2022 11:22:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pretty sweet to no longer have a “criminal lifestyle” according to the state law…

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 11/10/2022 11:48:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ommani wrote:
Pretty sweet to no longer have a “criminal lifestyle” according to the state law…

I've had similar thoughts, especially with guidework. Getting ready to smoalk a little changa to celebrate. Smile

One love

braindrops
#10 Posted : 11/11/2022 2:45:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Congratulations Coloradans!

It was close, but you did it

Sunnyside
#11 Posted : 11/12/2022 12:22:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This news is fabulous!
Very exciting!
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

Frank7
#12 Posted : 11/15/2022 2:45:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Congrats on your efforts! Hoping to see all plants or plant extracts decriminalized in my lifetime where I live.