We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
What scale do you use? Options

#81 Posted : 2/15/2010 9:24:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
There appears to be a few different manufacturers of what looks to be the exact same scale. So BEWARE. One is good quality, and the other one is crap.

My guess is that one is a cheap knot off, and the other is the real thing.

Yeah, agreed. The brands in the industry warn against this - examples:
cheap 'n' nasty
real thing

However, as with almost anything, you are paying a lot for a brand name. Some of the cheap ones will actually be OK and are based on comparable technology. They won't be accurate for as long as durability will be poor, and you can forget warranties. I say make an investment and buy something half decent!
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Elpo
#82 Posted : 3/26/2010 3:30:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I am looking for a scale with a range from 0,001/0,01g up to a 100g. Anyone have any good suggestions to where i can order one?

Peace
Elpo
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

DeMenTed
#83 Posted : 3/26/2010 3:34:37 PM

Barry

Ebay seems to be the place.

SnozzleBerry
#84 Posted : 3/26/2010 3:55:48 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I use the gemini and I know many other nexians do as well. It's relatively cheap and pretty darn reliable.

Take a look
Wiki β€’ Attitude β€’ FAQ
The Nexian β€’ Nexus Research β€’ The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם Χ–Χ” Χ™Χ’Χ‘Χ•Χ¨

soulfood
#85 Posted : 3/26/2010 4:18:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

You'll be hard pressed to find a mg scale that will measure up to 100g's without spending a LOT.

I have a small mg scale that weighs up to 10g's and for anything heavier I just use kitchen scales.

Bancopuma
#86 Posted : 3/26/2010 4:32:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I concur with SnozzleBerry...the gemini scales can't be beat. Cheap and easily available on Ebay.

Steely
#87 Posted : 3/26/2010 7:03:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
I use the gemini and I know many other nexians do as well. It's relatively cheap and pretty darn reliable.

Take a look

That is an amazingly cheap .001 scale. As in, I'm not sure if I want to trust it type of cheap.

There has to be some things it does wrong. Have you noticed any at the least little problems with the scale?
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

soulfood
#88 Posted : 3/26/2010 7:10:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Steely wrote:

There has to be some things it does wrong. Have you noticed any at the least little problems with the scale?

Well I doubt it's all that solid, but I reckon if you don't throw it down the stairs it will last you for some time.

Mine cost even less and does the job.

69ron
#89 Posted : 3/26/2010 8:01:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to think those were good until I bought a few to give away. Two were DOA (dead on arrival) and the third worked but the numbers floated around a lot so that it couldn't accurately weigh anything in the milligram range despite it being a milligram scale.

The quality of some of them is really bad. I think a lot of them on eBay are not the real deal, but a cheap imitation, so beware.

If you want a scale that weighs up to 100 grams and is a milligram scale, it’s going to cost at least $100 or more for a cheap one that works. A good one is about $500-$5000, depending on the features you want.

If buying a scale that's $100 or more, I don't recommend using eBay. Get it from a well known scale store that will back you up if there are any problems with the scale down the line.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Steely
#90 Posted : 3/26/2010 9:00:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I ordered the scale from the ebay link and I'll save this thread to my favorites so I can tell you guys how it is. I'm not expecting much at all from it. SWIM just needed a milligram scale with .005 or less accuracy for measuring doses and extraction yields.
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

kyrolima
#91 Posted : 3/26/2010 11:48:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

here
great products, very good prices.

German quality!

Just buy the 0.001 scale with 10 g max
and some with 0.1 g 200 g.

elusive illusion

Ginkgo
#92 Posted : 3/26/2010 11:58:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mr_DMT wrote:
Just buy the 0.001 scale with 10 g max

The best I seem to find on that site is one with 0.005 g and 50 g max (Tomopol s050). Where can I find the one you are talking about?

endlessness
#93 Posted : 3/27/2010 12:06:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah I had same question

kyrolima
#94 Posted : 3/27/2010 12:10:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh, sorry. When I ordered my 0.001 scale they had it in stock.
Seems like they don't sell that scale anymore.

elusive illusion

Elpo
#95 Posted : 3/27/2010 7:55:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all the reactions.

I kinda like that German one, even if it is 0,005 it should do to weigh a good dmt dose? Plus Germany is not that far from where i live.

And for things over 10g I will indeed use a kitchen scale like suggested by some of you. Thanks a lot

Peace
Elpo
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

Ginkgo
#96 Posted : 3/27/2010 8:44:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It would work for DMT, but of course you would not know if you really are smoking 30 or 35 mg. I guess that is good enough, though. However, for more potent substances it is absolutely useless.

Does anybody know of a 0.001 scale with good quality for an affordable price?

69ron
#97 Posted : 3/27/2010 9:57:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.proscale.net/proscale_precision_10.htm

That's the best one. It looks exactly like the cheap American Weigh scales but is MUCH BETTER quality. I own it and had a few of the similar ones sold as "American Weigh". They look identical except for the name, but they are not identical. The parts inside the Proscale brand are better quality. It doesn't fluctuate like the American Weigh DIA-10 does.

I've had that scale for several years. It still works perfectly. The ProScale Precision-10 has the same kind of buttons as the American Weigh DIA-10 has and like it they also wear out after a while. Currently none of the buttons work except the most important one, the tare button. Thank God that still works. The American Weigh DIA-10 scales I've purchased as a replacement either didn't work properly or they floated too much. It's my understanding that many of the American Weigh DIA-10 scales are rip offs and are not really made by American Weigh.
69ron attached the following image(s):
gemological_large_01[1].gif (15kb) downloaded 229 time(s).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#98 Posted : 3/27/2010 10:29:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.awscales.com/...ompact-precision-balance

Has anyone ever used the Mini-Pro-50 Compact Precision Balance 50g x 0.001g?

I want to upgrade. I like the features of this one, but I'm not sure if this is good quality or not. With my previous experiences with crappy scales, I'm nervous to buy another one.
69ron attached the following image(s):
miniPro-2[1].jpg (21kb) downloaded 223 time(s).

endlessness
#99 Posted : 3/27/2010 12:17:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:

That's the best one. It looks exactly like the cheap American Weigh scales but is MUCH BETTER quality. I own it and had a few of the similar ones sold as "American Weigh". They look identical except for the name, but they are not identical. The parts inside the Proscale brand are better quality. It doesn't fluctuate like the American Weigh DIA-10 does.

I've had that scale for several years. It still works perfectly. The ProScale Precision-10 has the same kind of buttons as the American Weigh DIA-10 has and like it they also wear out after a while. Currently none of the buttons work except the most important one, the tare button. Thank God that still works. The American Weigh DIA-10 scales I've purchased as a replacement either didn't work properly or they floated too much. It's my understanding that many of the American Weigh DIA-10 scales are rip offs and are not really made by American Weigh.

http://www.saveonscales....uct_ps_precision_10.html

for 21 bucks only, is it possible?!

edit: apparently out of stock ... too bad that would have been fantastic price

Ginkgo
#100 Posted : 3/27/2010 12:37:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:

That's the best one.

Thanks mate, that one does look great! I also found the offer on $21, which would be incredible. The only other place I could find it was for £69.99, which is not that bad, but still an investment. I think I'm going to wait and see if the store selling it for $21 will make it available again.

«PREV34567NEXT»