We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
tievine (ipomoea cordatotriloba) Options

benzyme
#1 Posted : 6/19/2022 4:48:47 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I generated some data, which to my knowledge, is the first ms data (or any analytical data) for these particular variety of seeds. I compared against I.tricolor var. "heavenly blue". The masses were within two mass units of lysergol standard.
The heavenly blue seeds were considerably larger, about triple the size. All samples were ground with mortar and pestle, 710 mg transferred to 15 mL conicles, with 7.1 mL methanol, and vortexed for a min, filtered through 0.22 um syringe filters to 2 mL autosampler vials.

I've searched everywhere for data on I.cordatotriloba, it's not even referenced in The Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants.

Will upload the MS data, and perform FLD and CAD analysis.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

_Trip_
#2 Posted : 6/20/2022 2:15:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

According to this study: https://www.nature.com/articles/s42003-021-02870-z or atleast the attached diagrams they do not contain ergot alkaloids. I would not be surprised if such a large study contains inaccuracies.

But very interested to see your results benzyme.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

benzyme
#3 Posted : 6/20/2022 2:55:54 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

ahh nice...such a recent study too. Thanks. Big grin

this is preliminary data, and will be an ongoing study.
I overloaded the detector with lysergol standard (oops), it really sticks to the column. No cross-contam was performed, all samples were dissolved in HPLC-grade methanol.
benzyme attached the following image(s):
tievine extract.jpg (169kb) downloaded 116 time(s).
heavenly blue extract.jpg (162kb) downloaded 112 time(s).
lysergol std.jpg (169kb) downloaded 109 time(s).
IMG_1081.jpg (278kb) downloaded 108 time(s).
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

benzyme
#4 Posted : 6/20/2022 3:16:20 PM

analytical chemist

I ground up the tievine seeds first, added methanol, and transferred to an autosampler vial. The MG seeds were treated the same, and used as a suspected known. Lysergol was a dark beige powder, and ~1mg was added straight to an autosampler vial with methanol. All samples were filtered with new 0.22 um ptfe syringe filters.

_Trip_
#5 Posted : 6/21/2022 1:27:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Those results look very promising benzyme.
So ipomoea cordatotriloba appears active lookimg at the MS data. In addition, it's a more cold hardy ipomoea. If it has decent percentage of ergine alkaloids this could be a better species to grow for those in colder climates.

benzyme
#6 Posted : 6/23/2022 1:51:25 PM

analytical chemist

thanks Big grin
I also have that one on my shelf. It really is an indespensible read, incredibly useful.

_Trip_
#7 Posted : 6/24/2022 10:02:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Benzyme, will you be able to calculate a rough percentage?

benzyme
#8 Posted : 6/24/2022 3:21:34 PM

analytical chemist

yes, with CAD detection, I could run a comprehensive purity profile (that detection method shows everything). FLD, to some extent (in the UV domain), would as well.

I ran a 3D-excitation scan, from 260 nm to 330, 450 nm emission. The results were curious. The tievine main component eluted earlier than the lysergol standard, and had peak excitations around 292 nm, 304, and 320.. I need to run an erlich's test to screen for indolic compounds; if it gives a purple hue, it may contain some clavine compound.

endlessness
#9 Posted : 6/25/2022 12:47:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing your ongoing experiment, please do let us know the final results!

Are we seeing two co-eluting substances in the tievine extract there?

What about the MG extract, what is the minor peak?

_Trip_
#10 Posted : 9/18/2022 7:26:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Any updates Benzyme?