We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Getting closer Options

inthebeginning
#1 Posted : 9/17/2022 4:07:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PRE-CONDITIONS
(mind)Set: Solid, perhaps feeling a little rushed
(physical condition) Set: Healthy
Setting (location): Bathroom tub
time of day: 0830
recent drug use: DMT the previous night, morning coffee
last meal: Midnight snack the night before

PARTICIPANT
body weight: 88.4kg
known sensitivities: n/a
history of use: Fourth time trying DMT. First time with straight spice.

BIOASSAY

Substance(s): DMT
Dose(s): 80mg spice
Method of administration: Melted onto steel pad and vaped via CVG

EFFECTS

Administration time: T=0840
Duration: ~20min
First effects: Mild high with no visuals, just body sensations - until second toke
Peak: 2-3 minutes in
Come down: 10-15 minutes in
Baseline: 20-30 min
Intensity (overall): 3
Evaluation / notes: The peak was pretty intense. Jumpy OEV. Altered sense of time, and things looked different, like I’d taken my 3-D glasses off. At one point I’d burned it a little, which led to coughing out that toke.

OPTIONAL
Pleasantness: 3
Unplesantness: 2
Visual Intensity: 3

AFTER-EFFECTS

Hangover: 2 - mainly from smoking; bad taste, sensitive throat
Afterglow: 2 - very calm

I’ll go into last night and this morning with the report.

Last night I began around 1900. It was my first experience with the CVG (the wooden one). I ground up some passionflower and tried to vape it. It was really smooth; much better than the bong. I’d made some passionflower tea with ginger, mint, basil. Sipped that to relax and possibly get some MAOI (though I don’t think it had much of an effect). I had some freebase DMT from my last pull and tried to melt that into the VG steel pad. It wouldn’t melt so I just pushed it down into the fibers. When vaped it had mild effects, so I went back to my Mullen/DMT EL and vaped that. I loaded up the bowl a few times, which led to a more intense experience, but I would still call it mild. CEVs, entities maybe? It all was there, but only if I concentrated on it. By the end, I could taste some bitter liquid coming out of the mouthpiece which I think was DMT

Somewhere in the middle of the experience, my jet lighter ran out of fuel. It goes down much quicker than I thought it would. No experience with lighters so it was a steep learning curve. I had to go out and get butane, and didn’t realize you had to add the right nozzle to the outlet of the can. Butane was dripping all over me, and I accidentally clicked the ignition of the lighter. A pretty big fireball blew up right on my hands and face, singeing my nose and eyebrows. Not my brightest moment lol, but I came out pretty lucky.

I didn’t like the feeling of vaping leaf material, so I decided to dissolve my EL in acetone along with the remains of my freebase. There were some white chunks in the bottom of the jar, which I suspect was sodium carbonate. I should have filtered better when I was doing my freebase conversion. I put the filtered liquid on an evaporation tray and let it sit overnight. The next morning it was a green goo, which I was able to successfully melt into the steel pad. That was what I vaped on the report above.

I got my station ready again and got to it. Did some breathing beforehand and took a hit, then another, and another. I was starting to lose my normal sense of reality. My dog was barking on my 3rd or 4th hit, so while I was holding my breath, I got out of the tub and went to let her in. That was when the OEVs started to hit me. The carpet pattern began to churn. My feet looked really far away. I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to walk very far, so I sat back down. I have no experience with this kind of sensation, and it was very strange. My movements felt robotic. My sense of time was changing. Colors were starting to shift and flicker, like I took off my 3D glasses at a movie. I let my dog in and went back to the tub. I took another few hits. I was able to maintain that intensity while I was smoking, but I knew I was still pretty grounded - in sub orbit. I tasted the DMT coming out of my mouthpiece again and figured it was spent, so I put everything down and just sat for a little bit.

Well that was the last of my DMT. I will soon have some MHRB powder and caapi leaf. I’ll do another extraction, but this time with naphtha instead of limonene. This will help me avoid extra steps, which I think hurt my yield a lot. I’m interested in trying a vape mod as well. The VG was better than a bong, but messing with the lighter, having so much technique involved, and still burning my throat… I’m just not sure about it. I know it takes some practice. Let me know what you guys think.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Pandora
#2 Posted : 3/15/2023 7:05:22 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

inthebeginning,

Thank you so much for sharing this experience. I found myself somewhat horrified upon reading:

Quote:
Somewhere in the middle of the experience, my jet lighter ran out of fuel. It goes down much quicker than I thought it would. No experience with lighters so it was a steep learning curve. I had to go out and get butane, and didn’t realize you had to add the right nozzle to the outlet of the can. Butane was dripping all over me, and I accidentally clicked the ignition of the lighter. A pretty big fireball blew up right on my hands and face, singeing my nose and eyebrows. Not my brightest moment lol, but I came out pretty lucky.
Shocked Shocked Shocked

I am SO glad you came out of that unscathed/burned. You got very lucky. Lesson learned, right. You can never be overprepared.

Quote:
I didn’t like the feeling of vaping leaf material, so I decided to dissolve my EL in acetone along with the remains of my freebase. There were some white chunks in the bottom of the jar, which I suspect was sodium carbonate. I should have filtered better when I was doing my freebase conversion. I put the filtered liquid on an evaporation tray and let it sit overnight. The next morning it was a green goo, which I was able to successfully melt into the steel pad. That was what I vaped on the report above.

This also concerned me, pretty much when you wrote "green goo." I'm no chemist but hopefully that was just something from the herbs.

Quote:
I got my station ready again and got to it. Did some breathing beforehand and took a hit, then another, and another. I was starting to lose my normal sense of reality. My dog was barking on my 3rd or 4th hit, so while I was holding my breath, I got out of the tub and went to let her in. That was when the OEVs started to hit me. The carpet pattern began to churn. My feet looked really far away. I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to walk very far, so I sat back down. I have no experience with this kind of sensation, and it was very strange. My movements felt robotic. My sense of time was changing. Colors were starting to shift and flicker, like I took off my 3D glasses at a movie. I let my dog in and went back to the tub. I took another few hits. I was able to maintain that intensity while I was smoking, but I knew I was still pretty grounded - in sub orbit. I tasted the DMT coming out of my mouthpiece again and figured it was spent, so I put everything down and just sat for a little bit.

I was very concerned reading this and found myself grateful for your dog's intervention and the fact that your vaping technique may need some refinement.

Please think carefully before smoking/vaping DMT in a bathtub. I don't know if you have ever broken through or taken in a large dose fast whether intentional or not. It can literally slam us right out of our bodies. Personally I loose touch with things like my breath, my heartbeat, what is happening on my skin.

Drunk idiots have drowned in six inches of water.

You, however, I hope, are a smart psychonaut. Please be careful. Err on the side of safety. Make sure your body will be safe in a number of scenarios before preparing to abandon it.

This is coming from a place of deep concern and caring. I want you to be able to go deeper and to live to trip another week, month, year, decade in the future.

It sounds like you will have a short integration break as you gear up for a new (kind of) extraction. I hope it goes well for you and you achieve the results you seek.

Again, thank you for sharing this experience.

=Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU