We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sublingual vs oral harmalas Options

ildruido
#1 Posted : 9/14/2022 6:25:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what about duration of the effects? I found that taking only sublingual without swallow last less then half the rue tea but the dosage is different so I'm not sure if increasing the sublingual dosage is going to increase the duration as well

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

L-dreamer
#2 Posted : 9/14/2022 7:32:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

since absorption rate between two methods will be different, peak concentration and time needed to reach that peak concentration will differ
How much? we can't know for sublingual harmalas since there are no scientific papers (or at least I have not read them), but at least we have some data about the peak and time needed to reach it if for oral dosages. So basically you will have to rely on isolated reports from users and your own experience to reach a conclusion
obviously taking more sublingually will increase the duration, but from my experience it is easier to overdose sublingually

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 9/14/2022 10:02:32 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

This is something about which I've been thinking recently. My feeling is that the oral route has an extended duration because there's a larger amount simply 'hanging around' in one's system due to the higher dose requirement. Sublingual is absorbed more directly and bypasses the gastrointestinal metabolism hence the (substantially) lower dose requirement.

And I hoped I've achieved a suitable balance of simplicity and actually making sense here!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli