We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Changa for beginners Options

LoveInTheDream
#1 Posted : 9/14/2022 5:51:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

A friend is attempting to make their first batch of changa and is struggling with ratios. They have read that 1:1 is a good starting ration, but upon weighing out the same amount of harmalas (.3), spice (.3), and plant base (.3), the amount of plant base looks to be miniscule. It is like a half a joint worth, or one or two large bowl packs worth. This has them concerned as .3 of spice along with .3 of harmala alks is at LEAST 6 if not 9 or 10 strong experiences worth in their experience.

Advice from those who have walked the path before is much welcomed.

Thank you.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

fink
#2 Posted : 9/14/2022 6:23:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

After experimenting my conclusion is that 1:1 is not practical unless sitting on a bed of other combustables anyway. The amount of material in the bowl is so small it is very hard to burn correctly or get a satisfying lung full.

1:3 feels better. You can pack a whole pipe and get a good 2-3 long steady pulls. Changa for me is more of a relaxed smoke, it's ok if it takes 60 seconds to get it all in. When it wears off enough to load another bowl, dive right back in as many times as it is still enjoyable.

Having said that changa is never going to be a precise dosing method. It seems difficult to get an exact scientific distribution of spice into the plant material. Some pipe bowls will be less than you expect and then the next could blow your brains out.

Dont worry so much about the dose. Load a bowl, smoke until the pipe turns into a gecko and stars crawling up your arm. See where it takes you and go again if you want.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 9/14/2022 6:56:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

This page may help

I only make 1:1 now, with 300mg of harmala per 1000mg of DMT.

If you pack fat bowls it's easier to burn right. You can control the depth of your journey through the depth of your inhalation which I find a very nice little control factor.

I agree to not worry about the dose. Changa is pretty much the only psychedelic endeavor I engage with without weighing the dose.

I pack a fat bowl, and if there's any left over, I just put a save-a-bowl over it.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

fink
#4 Posted : 9/14/2022 7:25:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Void would you say that these two factors could play a part in our differing advice?

Pipe volume and herb used?

Pipe volume speaks for itself. A big bowl wont be so good for a small amount of material as a tighter one.

Herb used for example: Mullein is very absorbent and voluminous for its weight. 1:1 mullein would be quite ok for my pipe at a reasonable dose. Peppermint on the other hand is much heavier for the volume. 1:1 loaded in my pipe is barely a few crumbs coated with 25mg of spice and doesnt smoke so well. I love peppermint so a 1:2 or 1:3 is far more practical.

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 9/14/2022 7:57:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:
Void would you say that these two factors could play a part in our differing advice?

Pipe volume and herb used?

Pipe volume speaks for itself. A big bowl wont be so good for a small amount of material as a tighter one.

Herb used for example: Mullein is very absorbent and voluminous for its weight. 1:1 mullein would be quite ok for my pipe at a reasonable dose. Peppermint on the other hand is much heavier for the volume. 1:1 loaded in my pipe is barely a few crumbs coated with 25mg of spice and doesnt smoke so well. I love peppermint so a 1:2 or 1:3 is far more practical.

Most definitely! I was going mention more, but had to clock back in for work.

I always use absorbent herbs as a base so that there's something to pack, and for the DMT and harmalas to better infuse.

And all of my pipes have big bowls with glass screens in there, so I make mine for volume.

1:1 may not be the best without an absorbent leaf because at that point you may very well need to weigh the dose Shocked

Back to chopping down plants

One love

Ps, fink, check your inboxLove
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

CosmicRiver
#6 Posted : 9/14/2022 8:03:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have the same opinion: I'd use 0.3 g of harmalas for every gram of DMT. 1:1 seems too much.
Speaking about plant matter, IMO a slightly higher amount (compared to the DMT) is perfect.
So it would be 1.2 g of plant matter, 1 g of DMT and 0.3 g of harmalas.

If you use low-volume plant matter you can increase its dose. It's up to you, depending also on the kind of experience you want to have. If you want mild experiences you can use a lot of plant matter to better dose the DMT, while if you want stronger experiences you should approach a 1:1 ratio of plant matter to DMT. It's totally possible to have mild experiences even using a 1:1 ratio of plant matter to DMT, for example by accurately weighing your changa dose.

Homo Trypens
#7 Posted : 9/14/2022 8:15:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

IMO, a ratio of two numbers is not a clear description of a mix.

If 1:1 is DMT : harmalas+herbs, it would be 600mg dmt, given 300mg harmalas and 300mg herbs.
If it is DMT+harmalas : herbs, it would be 600mg herbs, given 300mg DMT and 300mg harmalas.
If it is DMT : harmalas, it says nothing about the amount of herbs at all.

I like to state 3 numbers. It's a bit clumsy because you always also have to mention which number is which. So here's my preferred range: 1:2:2 to 1:2:3 (harmalas : herbs : DMT). So i like to have 40-50% DMT and 15-20% harmalas in my mix.

The volume of a given weight of herbs depends a lot on the herbs chosen. Mullein and marshmallow leaf really shine there, they are fluffy / hairy, so they have a ot of surface area for DMT to stick to and vaporise from before it burns.

Personally i like to use pipes or bongs with small bowls for this, so it's perfect for me that 50-100mg of my changa is a dose. That's a matter of preference, of course.

(you guys beat me to these points but i'm leaving them in lol)

Cosmo D
#8 Posted : 9/14/2022 8:28:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Homo Trypens wrote:

If 1:1 is DMT : harmalas+herbs, it would be 600mg dmt, given 300mg harmalas and 300mg herbs.
If it is DMT+harmalas : herbs, it would be 600mg herbs, given 300mg DMT and 300mg harmalas.

I like to state 3 numbers. It's a bit clumsy because you always also have to mention which number is which. So here's my preferred range: 1:2:2 to 1:2:3 (harmalas : herbs : DMT). So i like to have 40-50% DMT and 15-20% harmalas in my mix.

The volume of a given weight of herbs depends a lot on the herbs chosen. Mullein and marshmallow leaf really shine there, they are fluffy / hairy, so they have a ot of surface area for DMT to stick to and vaporise from before it burns.

Personally i like to use pipes or bongs with small bowls for this, so it's perfect for me that 50-100mg of my changa is a dose. That's a matter of preference, of course.

(you guys beat me to these points but i'm leaving them in lol)

Thank you for the clarification. I was going to ask this about the ratio after reading through the thread.

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 9/14/2022 9:01:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

HT wrote:

That's why I phrased mine the way I did in an attempt to disambiguationLaughing so much for that. My "1:1" in that statement is specifically DMT:herbs.

I also find it ironic I'm the outlier here, especially in regard to preferring the more potent ratio Shocked Laughing

Love

One love

fink
#10 Posted : 9/14/2022 9:20:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

As a tobacco smoker I quite like the inhalation of carcinogenic gases for reasons I will never fully understand. I think that is why I prefer a lighter mix with more material to burn. The smoke is as important as the trip.

LoveInTheDream
#11 Posted : 9/14/2022 9:27:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ah. This has clarified all of their misconceptions about changa. Thank you all kindly for your input here, it is appreciated.

What fun making changa is! They first took 99% ISO and let it soak with cacao nibs and lavender buds for about 2-3 weeks, then filtered this to use to dilute the full spectrum caapi alks and spice.

They used lemon balm, yerba santa, pau d'arco bark, lobelia, mullein, bearberry and spearmint mixed as base herbs. The smell of all of this combined- is DIVINE.

Having read your responses here, and experimented with these base herbs, they would use something much fluffier next time like mostly mullein. This mix was pretty dense, and 1 gram of their 1:2:2 (harmala, spice, base) looks like it will fill a single bowl as is, which is dangerous tbh.

They'll have to mix it with some blue lotus and some CBD-only hemp flower or something for blast off instead of loading it as is so as to not overdo it.

They licked the spoon that they used to mix it around after they were done and apparently felt a strong headchange. The taste was wonderful and lingering. Quite nice.

Can't wait to see what it does once it is fully dried/cured.

Thanks again all.

ShamensStamen
#12 Posted : 9/14/2022 10:55:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I used to evaporate my full spectrum freebased extracts onto herbs, at the moment though i've just been sandwiching it, a little layer of Caapi leaf in the bottom of the pipe, a layer of weighed out DMT on top of that, another layer of Caapi leaf or Passion Flower or even Cannabis or something, and then on top of that i just put whatever amount of Harmalas, smoke away and it's quite exquisite. Plus i like to keep things separate so i can change up and alter dosages and ingredients without things being "set in stone", although it is nice to have just an herbal mix with the good infused onto it, but really it's whatever you prefer.