We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Trip report: 500 mg mescaline citrate, 200 mg THH, plus recycling Options

shroombee
#1 Posted : 12/22/2021 9:33:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Folks. Been meaning to post this report for a while…. 500 mg mescaline citrate with 200 mg Liftmode THH on Saturday, July 31, 10am. Also added some recycling about 6 hours into the trip to boost the experience further.

For this trip, I used 500 mg mescaline citrate extracted with the CIELO TEK, which is roughly equivalent to 300 mg mescaline HCl. According to Erowid this should be a “common”, bordering on “strong” dose. I have about 15 years experience with mescaline, dosing with Peruvian Torch tea, mescaline acetate, mescaline HCl, and now mescaline citrate. Mescaline has been my favorite plant medicine since my first experiences many years ago.

I tried 500 mg mescaline citrate several months ago, expecting a very strong trip (thinking it would be like 500 mg mescaline HCl). Instead it felt more like an average trip. But this was before we discovered the (most likely) form of mescaline citrate extracted with CIELO, and thus we now strongly suspect that 500 mg mescaline citrate is equivalent to ~300 mg mescaline HCl.

Based on ava69’s recommendations (scaled down since ava69’s dosages are too high for me), I took 200 mg THH an hour after dosing the mescaline. Figuring the 500 mg mescaline citrate plus the 200 mg THH should give me the equivalent of about 500 mg mescaline HCL, which should be the very strong trip I was going for.

First, I’ll say I was delighted with the combination. Thanks ava69 for pushing the mescaline plus THH recommendation. This was a typical strong mescaline trip with good feelings, heart opening, connectedness, nice CEV and moderate OEV when looking at textured surfaces (the usual for me).

I recycled the mescaline about 6 hours into the journey. About 30 minutes after recycling, I felt a nice boost to the trip. Almost too much of a boost, but still reasonable. I thought to myself “definitely enough - I’m glad I didn’t take more mescaline or THH.” Meaning I don’t think I would dose any higher next time, especially if I plan to add a recycling boost. I normally recycle a number of times to extend my trips into the 16+ hour range, but decided not to do so this time, hoping I could get to sleep at a reasonable hour.

By T +12 hours, my trip is coming down so my wife and I go to the grocery store. Walking through the aisles I’m aware of a genuine, easy-going smile on my face. Just totally at ease and emanating positive energy - a warm, fuzzy mescaline afterglow. I had fun picking out watermelon with my wife and joyfully laughed in a silly, light conversation with the cashier and manager. If only we could all interact like that all the time.

The only issue I have with this mescaline+THH combo is that the THH extends the tail end of the trip too much. I could not get to sleep until around T +20 hours (6am). This might just be my issue, as I haven't heard of others having issues sleeping after taking THH. Throughout the night as I was lying in bed with my eyes closed, I was aware of little flutters of visuals and a subtle afterglow in my body. I’ve noticed this even with lower doses of THH such as using 70 mg with pharmahuasca. So a followup experiment will be seeing whether a low dose of THH with the 500 mg mescaline citrate will still deliver a strong experience. Or is the high dosage of THH necessary to properly boost the mescaline to this intensity?

A couple days later I noticed subtle feelings of a flu. Like some joints had minor aching. I thought maybe I contracted covid? Probably not. Maybe it wasn’t related to the mescaline+THH, but this is the first time I had what appeared to be a delayed body load. Which I’m aware can happen through other recent posts. Perhaps I was suffering after-effects from not getting to sleep until 6am.

Quick note on the recycling: I experimented with this as an Ayurvedic practice a couple years before discovering mescaline. So it was an easy experiment to try with the cactus medicine. I’ve noticed recycling extends the journey and boosts the visuals late in the trip. One trick is to hydrate the day before, minimal or no liquids on the day leading up to the dose, and don’t consume liquids until after you’re done with your final recycling. That’ll keep the volume of liquid down.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Loveall
#2 Posted : 12/22/2021 1:45:28 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Thanks for sharing. Makes me want to add THH to my next trip 🙏
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Fruit is life
#3 Posted : 12/23/2021 2:43:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

you might like to take around 40-60mg of melatonin after sundown on mescaline journeys, helps smooth out the trip and adds a tryptamine crystalline edge.
The self that talks doesn't know, the self that knows doesn't talk.

shroombee
#4 Posted : 12/23/2021 3:40:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fruit is life wrote:
you might like to take around 40-60mg of melatonin after sundown on mescaline journeys, helps smooth out the trip and adds a tryptamine crystalline edge.

Thanks. I'll think about it. I take 1 mg of time-release melatonin every other day before bed. 40-60 mg melatonin almost seems like a heroic dose.

doubledog
#5 Posted : 12/23/2021 11:11:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice report, thanks for it.

What about to try THH sublingually? In my experience harmala alkaloids are more potent that way, so 50 mg could be enough.

About the recycling: there are also some mescaline metabolites in the urine with unknown psychoactive properties, maybe contributing to increased stimulation.

Extracting mescaline urine could be another fun experiment Big grin , especially for people with very limited access to mescaline sources.

highlightprotein
#6 Posted : 12/26/2021 10:53:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was actually thinking about doing this to make mescaline a bit more economical for me (I have to purchase instead of grow for the time being). Thanks for the report, I'm glad to see someone has tried it.

I've been thinking about it since I read a report in PIKHAL where he combined some MAOI with mescaline and found that mescaline was much more potent at lower doses. Unfortunately I cannot find the reference now, I just checked the mescaline page in PIHKAL and it is not there.

I have three questions for you. The first is that I have read that you shouldn't mix MAOI with phenethylamines like MDMA or amphetamine. Is this considered a risky combination?

Second, I've read that THH has its own effects. Like if you take it alone it will alter your state of consciousness. So when you mixed THH and mescaline, did you feel like it was a different kind of experience? Or did it just feel like normal mescaline?

Third, would you please explain the math behind taking the THH 1 hour after taking the mescaline? I would have assumed that you should take THH before mescaline in order to prevent the mescaline from breaking down.

ava69 wrote:
...then 45 minutes later take 250mg of THH, always stagger so the trace maoi's in cactus do not interact with the SRI which is THH at same time, which can cause unpleasant body symptoms.

Shroombee, do we need to worry about this with CEILO mescaline citrate? I would assume we do not, as any trace maois shouldn't be in our mescaline citrate. However I have this bridgsii goo I'm trying today and am slightly concerned that there is some non-mescaline stuff here.

highlightprotein
#7 Posted : 12/27/2021 3:58:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ava69, if you were to be taking extracted/pure mescaline, would you take the THH before or continue to take it 1 hour after?

I found Shulgin's report of using Harmaline and Mescaline in TiHKAL here.

TiHKAL wrote:
WITH MESCALINE

(with 100 mg harmaline, 60 mg mescaline (3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine) [20 min]) "At two hours I was in a pleasant state of physical relaxation, a fine sense of well being, and I found music most enjoyable. From then to the fourth hour, thoughts flowed freely, and it became obvious that insight was a major part of this experience. Normally unconscious thoughts were easily available. It was as if I could observe my mind in operation, as facts were weighed to form conclusions. By the sixth hour music was a thing of beauty, with the higher notes crisp and clear. The harmaline has probably worn off. Sleep at eight hours, and the next day was without any adverse effects. This was a remarkable experience, the insight of TMA, and the relaxation of MDMA."

(with 150 mg harmaline, 100 mg mescaline [15 min]) "A stomach ache developed at about 45 minutes, followed by a mild nausea which occurred intermittently throughout the next six hours. I felt comfortable, although there was a slight discoordination at about two hours. Walking was never a problem but did require more concentration than normal. Colors on the television were obviously more intense, and highly saturated at this point and moderate photophobia developed. Even a fire in the fireplace was distracting, and stereo was best enjoyed in the dark. Attempts at sleep did not work until the ninth hour. Upon awakening there was a feeling of dehydration but otherwise no ill effects. Mild looseness of stools was present later that morning. Since experiments using only mescaline at doses between 80 and 120 mg resulted in no CNS effects at all, it seems clear that the MAO blocking effects of the harmaline were crucial to this experience.

skoobysnax
#8 Posted : 12/27/2021 6:08:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find the difference in the dose and the subsequent reaction Sasha had to be interesting. Looks like there is a sweet spot. I found 100mg of mescaline HCI (not super pure, but good) really enjoyable. Curious now about the combo withh THH. There is another thread on the nexus that talks about negative effects with rue extracted harmalas. Approach with caution.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

antichode
#9 Posted : 9/5/2022 8:04:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would say 20 hours is reasonable considering a half gram dose. The stimulating effects of mescaline seem to be getting more pronounced the older I get too. Last time I ate half a gram I had it at 9am hoping I might find some sleep by midnight but nope. I just rolled around in bed for hours and then got up. I did not get to sleep until the following evening 36 hours later 😂