We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Caapi resin - dosage and ROA Options

ildruido
#1 Posted : 8/31/2022 12:16:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, I was looking at some alternative to rue seeds because the intense nausea that rue cause and I was wondering about caapi extracts.
In EU I can't find any extract except resin 30x but is not clear how to consume it and the dosage the get, let's say, the equivalent of a 3g rue tea that is my usual dosage. should I make a tea, or take it sublingually?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

_Trip_
#2 Posted : 8/31/2022 12:55:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why not try a rue extraction?

Dosing an extract of caapi may be inconsistent as the content between different varieties varies a bit. I could be wrong I don't work much with caapi.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

doubledog
#3 Posted : 8/31/2022 3:53:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

These caapi resins are known to be often quite weak, so better option is to get some caapi vine and extract alkaloids from it, then use them sublingually.

Mister_Niles
#4 Posted : 12/25/2022 2:43:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used the Gibran2 tek to extract harmalas. I did it successfully for a couple of years and then It stopped working. I don't know why. After trying several times, I gave up. I tried vine from several different sources, but got no precipitating alkaloids. I have no idea why. At the time several people were having problems extracting from vine that worked in brews.

A decade ago, you could buy extracted harmala from vine online. Then you couldn't. I don't know why. I wish I knew the reason.

I may try the paste, for convenience sake , but first I'm going to do a brew with 100 grams of vine so I can attempt microdosing with materials I already have. I suppose the only way to find an equivalent to my preferred 15-20mg sublingual dose of extract is experimentation.
I personally find rue to be harsh and unpleasant.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

Loveall
#5 Posted : 12/25/2022 2:57:47 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Mister_Niles wrote:
I used the Gibran2 tek to extract harmalas. I did it successfully for a couple of years and then It stopped working. I don't know why. After trying several times, I gave up. I tried vine from several different sources, but got no precipitating alkaloids. I have no idea why. At the time several people were having problems extracting from vine that worked in brews.

A decade ago, you could buy extracted harmala from vine online. Then you couldn't. I don't know why. I wish I knew the reason.

I may try the paste, for convenience sake , but first I'm going to do a brew with 100 grams of vine so I can attempt microdosing with materials I already have. I suppose the only way to find an equivalent to my preferred 15-20mg sublingual dose of extract is experimentation.
I personally find rue to be harsh and unpleasant.

Did you monitor the pH when basing or keep on adding base after nothing precipitated at first? 5g of NaOH mentioned in the TEK is not a lot of excess, especially if you start with a variable amount of vinegar/acid.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Brennendes Wasser
#6 Posted : 12/25/2022 3:58:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

So did you use a tea of whole Rue Seeds?

In that case indeed there might be some plant actives that would have caused nausea and an extract of the Harmalas would do better.

But if you even did an Extract of the pure Harmalas and got nausea: That is also possible if you dose too high.

Too much Harmalas will always give Nausea ... once I made a terrible Experiment with 400 mg Harmalas = RIP

Nausea may start at 250 mg
So just eat 100 - 150 mg and this should be free of Nausea, while still giving a good MAOI effect.

Caapi extract also will just contain the same 2 Harmalas (and THH) as actives. Therefore if you have an extract of both Harmalas and Caapi the only question whether you get Nausea or not is the dosage. And if you dont care about THH then there is no reason to not go the Syrian Rye extraction path Thumbs up

Loveall
#7 Posted : 12/25/2022 4:59:14 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Brennendes Wasser wrote:
So did you use a tea of whole Rue Seeds?

In that case indeed there might be some plant actives that would have caused nausea and an extract of the Harmalas would do better.

But if you even did an Extract of the pure Harmalas and got nausea: That is also possible if you dose too high.

Too much Harmalas will always give Nausea ... once I made a terrible Experiment with 400 mg Harmalas = RIP

Nausea may start at 250 mg
So just eat 100 - 150 mg and this should be free of Nausea, while still giving a good MAOI effect.

Caapi extract also will just contain the same 2 Harmalas (and THH) as actives. Therefore if you have an extract of both Harmalas and Caapi the only question whether you get Nausea or not is the dosage. And if you dont care about THH then there is no reason to not go the Syrian Rye extraction path Thumbs up

I use Syrian Rue and convert Harmaline to THH which is thankfully simple 😊

Live vine is great if you can grow it or have access to a trusted grower. I personally would not use a source that harvests it from the wild, because I would worry about sustainability.

https://psychable.com/ay...y-crisis-fact-or-fiction
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

doubledog
#8 Posted : 12/25/2022 7:10:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mister_Niles wrote:

Interesting to read, as I have similar experience - last time I extracted directly from ayahuasca liquid (it was a leftover from larger brew, which worked normally), and I've got absolutely no precipitation.