We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lye/Naphtha/Benzoic acid Options

Loveall
#1 Posted : 8/28/2022 9:20:49 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Getting some interesting results from this system. Dasein mentioned before that it may work.

It is part of the CISLO general work. Can be called DMT CINLO (crystals in naphtha lazily over the counter).

First I made a lime paste with 1:1.5:0.25 MHRB powder:water:lime. Naphtha did not pull anything from this. pH paper remained neutral and nothing crashed after adding benzoic acid. I guess this is why lime dry teks don't use Naphtha?

Then I added 0.25 parts lye and let the mixture cool. Paste became gunky/sticky so added more water until it was more easily mixable.

Naphtha pulls where picking something up after adding lye. It seems the DMT was locked in the bark matrix somehow for Naphtha extraction. This is not an issue for limonene which is interesting. Perhaps the dmt is inside/behind a fatty layer that needs to be broken down and this layer is resistant to Naphtha. Not sure, just speculating.

So far this is similar to a dry TEK, nothing new. Then I added benzoic acid to the Naphtha which is new I believe. Huge clouds form and tiny xtal powder precipitates (see image). There was a thin yellow layer that stayed behind. Also, some benzoic acid did not dissolve and that was easily decanted off.

The xtals are easily caught in a coffe filter.

Upon rinsing the xtals with ethyl acetate there appears to be a fraction that is soluble in EA. I wonder what that is? Perhaps I will send it for analysis after evaporating the EA rinse.

Will post yields when available.

This could be a shortcut to DMT salt using Naphtha while avoiding the management of FASA (simply dump in benzoic acid granules). Time will tell.

Loveall attached the following image(s):
20220828_114946.jpg (2,598kb) downloaded 122 time(s).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

_Trip_
#2 Posted : 8/28/2022 11:49:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is really interesting loveall. I've recently started storing my spice as benzoate with limonene mwthod you 'recently' discovered. I like the idea of this.

Just to be clear are you saying majority of the benzoic acid forms with the dmt while excess benzoic acid isn't dissolving? How can you to tell what's dmt benzoate and what's undissolved benzoic acid?

Keep us updated this is interesting.

Do you think the EA soluble portion could be 2MTHBC or perhaps dmt benzoate is slightly (very minimally) soluble in in EA?
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Loveall
#3 Posted : 8/29/2022 2:29:13 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

_Trip_ wrote:
This is really interesting loveall. I've recently started storing my spice as benzoate with limonene mwthod you 'recently' discovered. I like the idea of this.

Just to be clear are you saying majority of the benzoic acid forms with the dmt while excess benzoic acid isn't dissolving? How can you to tell what's dmt benzoate and what's undissolved benzoic acid?

Keep us updated this is interesting.

Do you think the EA soluble portion could be 2MTHBC or perhaps dmt benzoate is slightly (very minimally) soluble in in EA?

See the image below. The yellow stuff at the very bottom is sticky gunk that stays out of the way. The white clump in the middle of the bottom and the first set of white stuff on the glass jar is undissolved benzoic acid, looks just like the dry stuff. The drags at the top of tje jar are a tiny amount of dmt benzoate powder that di mot make it to the filter.

The EA changes color, definetly something new and significant is being dissolved. It lools like orange strips/chunks in the unwashed dmt benzoate from naphtha. I'm really curious as to what it could be.

On top of that, dmt benzoate could be soluble in EA
Not sure how much or if significant. Guess we could evap some EA limonene dmt benzoate washes and see.

Cheers

Loveall attached the following image(s):
20220828_212218.jpg (2,567kb) downloaded 110 time(s).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

_Trip_
#4 Posted : 8/29/2022 3:41:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I see what you mean.

I tried to do some crude tests with EA and dmt benzoate. It didn't seem to dissolve but I couldn't rule out that a small portion did. I found it definitely will not form I'm EA though.

Anyway good stuff Loveall.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 8/30/2022 6:02:47 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

More fantastic work from Loveall, eh?

A quick point of data - the mimosa/lime paste probably didn't yield anything to naphtha because, as you say, the DMT somehow remains trapped within the bark matrix. What worth reporting from my unpublished (and, frankly, unrecorded) archives is that naphtha will recover a DMT spike sample from lime paste. So, any method that helps break down the bark should assist in releasing the DMT.

It may be worth experimenting with an acid boil prior to adding lime - if you're absolutely determined to work with lime paste, at least. I have used lime to basify acid-cooked bark before, but I somewhat spoiled the significance of the experiment by adding sodium carbonate, which of course then produces sodium hydroxide by metathesis with the lime. The resulting sludgy liquid was successfully extracted with naphtha nonetheless.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli