We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
clean/re-xtal full spectrum spice Options

Pokey
#1 Posted : 2/13/2010 9:01:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Will dry IPA take contaminates away from full spectrum spice when it evaporates?

I've been wondering how to do a re-xtal/cleaning of full spectrum stuff. I have a batch of freebase from that failed attempt at pulling the freebase directly from d-limo. It's not like any I've extracted before; kind of sticky, waxy chunks of yellow stuff. I pulled with heptane and evaporated. I saw lots of clean white crystals mixed in with spots of yellow oil. When scraped up together it made big chunky yellow rocks.

It could be d-limo that made the oil, but I'm not sure. Looked like yellow oil I have pulled with toluene after naptha, so I assumed it was jungle. I know heptane isn't supposed to pull jungle, but it was a very strange and complicated process before the heptane pulls.

Please advise.

Pokey

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Pokey
#2 Posted : 2/14/2010 2:39:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is this information available somewhere on the Nexus that I should be able to find?

Just wondering if no one is responding because the answer is already available.... I've done a search and checked the Wiki, but am not the most technologically gifted person.

Pokey

amor_fati
#3 Posted : 2/14/2010 3:03:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Full spectrum is always waxy and can take a while to fully crystallize, but even then, it will be waxy. The oil could N-Oxides, but SWIM finds that IPA takes quite a while to fully evaporate and not preferable for freebase crystallization. SWIM preferred method of recrystallizing freebase is to add a bit of water and smear the freebase oil around a dish, thinly and firmly, repeatedly scraping and spreading, and then to simply form it all together into a dense mass by working it a bit like clay. With an IPA evap, this should pull off and/or release any residual IPA. The final product can be made into a hard dry clay-like chunk which is incredibly easy to handle and store, and with which chunks can simply be cut off to be administered. Some of the steps of SWIM's conversion tek detail this sort of process.

Pokey
#4 Posted : 2/14/2010 3:26:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a bunch for your advice and help (again) amor_fati! I can't tell you how much I appreciate the guidance.Smile

Pokey the Grateful