We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The questionnaire and search function Options

_Trip_
#1 Posted : 8/22/2022 12:37:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is Trav or someone able to exclude the questionnaire threads from the search function, for particular searches they are really starting to 'clog' up results.

I have no idea about coding and how hard or easy this would be.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 8/22/2022 1:57:20 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The search function is limited, I suspect deliberately to minimise the amount of code and processor time it requires [not that I really understand that stuff either!]

The lack of a specific date range is also something of a hindrance on occasion. For more complex searches it's usually recommended to use an external search engine - but of course, optimising the parameters is then still up to you. At least an external search engine is more amenable to Boolean terms.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

_Trip_
#3 Posted : 8/22/2022 3:07:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I often find myself using external search engines to search the forum.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

PedroSanchez
#4 Posted : 8/23/2022 7:02:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i agree with this. in theory it should be pretty simple to omit results in that subsection of the forum, but there might be other reasons why it is not possible, at which point the best option is a search engine re-haul, which can turn into a very big job, sometimes even turn into a website re-haul.

the search function here is not the greatest but, as already discussed, i use duckduckgo when the native search is not enough. that might be a better option for the forum than a big job like a search engine re-haul that will take time at least, potentially money too.

it would be great to see but i am not going to hold my breath.