We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Vapor Genie Lighting Preferences? Options

idtravlr
#1 Posted : 2/14/2010 12:08:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a new glass Vapor Genie and I can't figure out if it's better to use a standard flame lighter or a torch flame lighter. What do others prefer? I like the torch because it points into the bowl so all I need to do is focus on my inhale speed, but the standard flame feels less likely to overheat and burn. I'm not sure if I like my VG more than my old pipe, but I probably will if I can get it figured out.

So, what type of lighters do you guys prefer?

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Madcap
#2 Posted : 2/14/2010 1:27:39 AM

illudium Q-36

Torch lighter...vary your distance if you need to adjust the heat. Stack at least 5 screens in there. I have never burned spice with it. I have put the torch to it hard while trying to clean any leftovers out... and even then I did not taste or detect any burnt spice.

Certainly with normal use, there is no need to worry. Just use plenty of screens.

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Dimitrius
#3 Posted : 2/14/2010 2:17:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Torch lighter.

You just have to get used to not having the flame so close to the opening.

If you stare closely at the end of the flame, especially against a dark background, you can see that the tip actually goes a little further than most people seem to notice.

I hold the TIP of the flame 1" from the opening and a take slow, steady pull. This works for me. On occasion, depending on the material, I'll bring the flame tip closer for split seconds at a time.

Yeah...torch lighter, hands down.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

idtravlr
#4 Posted : 2/14/2010 5:15:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys! Good to know! The dude at the shop was trying to tell me that a torch lighter would destroy the filter element after a couple uses, but I couldn't help feel like he didn't know WTF he was talking about. Even the instructions tell you that you can clean the filter by heating it up to red hot and vacuuming it out, so I couldn't understand how a torch lighter would ruin it.

Thanks for the feedback! Onward and upward I march the VG learning curve! Razz

Peace!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Madcap
#5 Posted : 2/14/2010 5:37:44 AM

illudium Q-36

idtravlr wrote:
I march the VG learning curve! Razz
-idt

you will soon realize...its a short path. The glass VG is the shizmo!

peaches
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Bassface
#6 Posted : 2/14/2010 6:39:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have been using hemp wick, but it takes some technique to use properly. I like not inhaling butane.

killuminati420
#7 Posted : 2/14/2010 7:32:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OP, could you post a pic of your VG....ive never seen one and was interested....i use a GHETTO alluminum foil wrapped around a metal bongstem poked in a bottle-bong.....its poor i know
"Money Can't Buy Life" -Bob Marley

gammagore
#8 Posted : 2/14/2010 9:29:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive startde using my torch lighter with my VG, killuminati420 check this thread for pics of VG http://dmt-nexus.me/foru...posts&t=8529&p=2

idtravlr
#9 Posted : 2/14/2010 10:03:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

killuminati420 wrote:
OP, could you post a pic of your VG....ive never seen one and was interested....i use a GHETTO alluminum foil wrapped around a metal bongstem poked in a bottle-bong.....its poor i know

http://www.vaporgenie.co.../View-all-products.html

It's a pretty sweet device, I just need to dial it in.

-Terence McKenna

Dimitrius
#10 Posted : 2/14/2010 11:01:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

idtravlr wrote:
Thanks guys! Good to know! The dude at the shop was trying to tell me that a torch lighter would destroy the filter element after a couple uses, but I couldn't help feel like he didn't know WTF he was talking about. Even the instructions tell you that you can clean the filter by heating it up to red hot and vacuuming it out, so I couldn't understand how a torch lighter would ruin it.
-idt

He didn't.

Just don't touch the ceramic with the flame (as if a VG owner doesn't already know this).

There's no reason using a torch flame properly would destroy the ceramic element.....it's ceramic!
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi