We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
The Term 'Breakthrough' Options

hug454
#21 Posted : 8/19/2022 10:58:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

For me a breakthrough is that you no longer observe the weirdness but become an integral part of said weirdness and then you come back after everything disintegrates in on itself and are speechless apart from odd random "what just happened????"
I remember writing to another member who introduced me to the forum describing what had just happened. His reply? "It gets weirder....". I remember thinking to myself "how the f... can this get any weirder???".
I've done my fair share of different kinds of drugs over the last 40 years to varying degrees of stupidness and i am sure that there are more intense experiences from other types of drugs and psychedelics but for me a DMT breakthrough has been the apex in mind blowing, whatthefuckery, lovely, alien scariness.....

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

RowRowRowYourBoat
#22 Posted : 8/19/2022 2:14:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find this an interesting discussion and its circling around addressing something I have been wondering about. For reference, by my estimation, I have only broke through once.

Quote:
Lastly, there seems to be a preoccupation with 'breaking through' when so much can be gleaned from “lower” levels of experience as well. It's not always about reaching the pinnacle, but basking in the entire paradigm as a whole.

This is what I have been wondering about recently. It seems so much of the discussion around DMT is centered on or in relation to breakthroughs that I wonder if its something I shouldn't be pursuing more. I have been purposely exploring sub-breakthrough experiences but I wonder if I am missing out. When people talk about this or that device they talk about how much to use for a breakthrough, when they make changa they talk about how much it takes for them to breakthrough, when they talk about a session they talk about working towards a breakthrough, when they write trip reports they write about breakthroughs, etc..

Am I supposed to more preoccupied with breakthroughs like it seems so many people are? Am I wasting my time gleaning things from lower levels when I could just jump to the pinnacle? I know you are saying the opposite, but still, why does everybody constantly talk about breakthroughs, is it really like you say; is it the whole paradigm the point or should I actually be striving to breakthrough? I really can't decide if other people are just obsessed with skipping to the end or if I've been mucking about with too much foreplay.

It seems something that is ultimately up for me to decide for myself, but at this point I remain curious.
Things have turned a deeper shade of blue

Why you should NOT take DMT

Voidmatrix
#23 Posted : 8/19/2022 4:24:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

RowRowRowYourBoat wrote:
I find this an interesting discussion and its circling around addressing something I have been wondering about. For reference, by my estimation, I have only broke through once.

Quote:
Lastly, there seems to be a preoccupation with 'breaking through' when so much can be gleaned from “lower” levels of experience as well. It's not always about reaching the pinnacle, but basking in the entire paradigm as a whole.

This is what I have been wondering about recently. It seems so much of the discussion around DMT is centered on or in relation to breakthroughs that I wonder if its something I shouldn't be pursuing more. I have been purposely exploring sub-breakthrough experiences but I wonder if I am missing out. When people talk about this or that device they talk about how much to use for a breakthrough, when they make changa they talk about how much it takes for them to breakthrough, when they talk about a session they talk about working towards a breakthrough, when they write trip reports they write about breakthroughs, etc..

Am I supposed to more preoccupied with breakthroughs like it seems so many people are? Am I wasting my time gleaning things from lower levels when I could just jump to the pinnacle? I know you are saying the opposite, but still, why does everybody constantly talk about breakthroughs, is it really like you say; is it the whole paradigm the point or should I actually be striving to breakthrough? I really can't decide if other people are just obsessed with skipping to the end or if I've been mucking about with too much foreplay.

It seems something that is ultimately up for me to decide for myself, but at this point I remain curious.

I think everyone focuses on it and talks about because that's what everyone else is talking about. It becomes a self-perpetuating echo chamber that is fueled by the power of suggestion.

I think it's also focused on a great deal because many seem to find lower levels of experience unpleasant and hard to manage. For me, that where the opportunity to do inner work lies as we are not so disengaged from ourselves as a result from the mechanics of the experience.

I personally use DMT in a therapeutic manner more often than not which keeps me at lower levels and has been a component leading me to be able to make this observation.

And again I wrote this for those too impacted by what they've heard from others, presently without the ability to discern their experience for themselves. We as creatures tend to gravitate towards explanations that are laid out before us before anything else. I think this may be a factor in why breaking through is obvious for some but not for others.

You'll find your balance in time with persistence and reflection Smile

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

The Sofa Traveler
#24 Posted : 8/19/2022 6:44:13 PM

Give me a snake otherwise I'll smash a crocodile

RowRowRowYourBoat wrote:
Am I supposed to more preoccupied with breakthroughs like it seems so many people are? Am I wasting my time gleaning things from lower levels when I could just jump to the pinnacle?

I had some breakthroughs and I sometimes find their benefits difficult to integrate in everyday life. I really love them, but I definitely think they should not be the only purpose. From now on I'm more focused on therapeutic and self exploration with DMT, so I systematically associate it with harmalas and stay at sub-breakthroughs levels, which I find more helpful and beneficial than most of the breakthroughs I had. I even never tried to breakthrough while on harmalas, the new doors this combo opens at sub-BT levels are numerous new fields of exploration and discovery, especially self-discovery. I think the trip is easier to orient, you can go more easily where you want. In particular I love these hypnagogic and conscious dreamlike states that I can easily reach at sub-BT level. Cheerz !
Humanity has invented gods, the reverse remains to be proven.

PREV12